Let's revive this board!!!! ROLL CALL (NEWBIES, OLDIES & GRADS)

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By MandyRS
  • 1 Post By epsilonbeta
  • 1 Post By Sapphera

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2014, 12:21 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Hello!

I have been lurking through many old threads. and I honestly can't believe this board is DEAD!
I hope the oldies can come back and help us through the journey!

Roll call:

Introduce yourself and what is your background?

If you got pregnant, what is your success story?

If you are TTC, what method are you using?

I think we can get this board back.... I know myself, I am very overwhelmed with PCOS information!
February 24th, 2014, 01:12 PM
ZaydensMomma's Avatar Aaron Nicole
Come on ladies... come out of hiding!

I guess I'll start with myself... and hopefully few will come around.

My name is Aaron Nicole. I just got diagnosed with PCOS by ultrasound showing pearl looking on my ovaries. I will find out the blood test results related to PCOS.

I don't know yet til after my blood test result. If it shows I'm not ovulating, then we will know what to do next time.
February 28th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Hello! My name is Jodi and I was a really old member of this board and its so sad to see it dead I'm a graduate and just had my baby boy December 26th! I think you are exactly what this board needs to get it going again! I can update tomorrow on my story, right now its late and I just wanted to pop in and say that i'm around

March 15th, 2014, 09:11 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi I'm Kathryn! I had cysts on my us but ended up that my blood levels looked more like Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia. Went to go get that test done just to find out I was pregnant. I have not gone back to test b/c we are a one and done family. Lots of luck to all the ladies TTC w/PCOS. I was on the board about 3 years ago.
March 15th, 2014, 09:13 AM
MandyRS's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Great idea, Aaron! Obviously I'm a super oldie too...haven't been around this board in awhile, but I used to be co-host (back when I was MandyT). Jodi, your little guy is my birthday buddy! Great day to be born! Congratulations!!! I got my all-natural BFP two weeks ago...Aaron, obviously you know the whole story! But I will share it in more condensed form here on the board soon. I did a LOT of hard work with nutrition, exercise and supplements...and now here I am! It can happen!! Good luck to all lurking/still trying!
Jodimarie likes this.

THANK YOU to *Sharon* for my perfect siggy.
March 15th, 2014, 01:42 PM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy

I got diagnosed with PCOS last April after being off BC for that time and not having a period. We had been NTNP we were so confused on why I wasn't pregnant since I wasn't having a period. They did the ultrasound to discover both my ovaries covered in cysts. We had to do a forced cycle on Provera at that point.

September of last year I was told I most likely would never get pregnant on my own so I had an appointment with the REI at the end of the month. There was a bottle of Provera on my kitchen counter because I hadn't had a cycle since July but the doctor wanted me to wait until my REI appointment. 1 week before the appointment I decided to torture myself by POAS only to be surprised with a BFP. I am now over 6 months pregnant with my miracle baby. The only thing I had tried at that point was cinnamon pills. The doctors were very surprised by my pregnancy.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
March 16th, 2014, 06:25 PM
Veteran
I'm here. Gosh I think the last time I posted was the year before last. I tried Soy ISO to get my ovulation regulated and it did help somewhat. I got frustrated with it though. I saw the RE we used to conceive our last, and he said he would follow the same treatment as before, but before we could get started my DH was diagnosed with testicular cancer. Long story short we have been in standby. Now, it looks as if he is cleared to try, but there were zero sperm to bank before treatment. So we are just trusting God and we shall see.

March 20th, 2014, 09:19 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Whoops! Forgot to tell my story lol

My name is Jodi and I was diagnosed with pcos in January of 2011. I have the usual weight gain, acne and all the great side effects lol

If you got pregnant, what is your success story
I did fertility treatments for about a year and a half with no success, I then took a year off of medical treatments because of the costs and we werent successful. I Started taking Metformin at the end of 2011 and lost about fifty pounds (it came off slowly, about a year) I also worked out a little bit towards the end. I heard of a pill called Fertilaid that I tried and it gave me regular cycles right away! I love fertilaid, i O'd every month on it and on my 6th month I got my BFP which resulted in my son being born December 26th 2013! We'll be TTC at the end of the year or beginning of next year and I'll be taking that again for sure Its nice to see some ladies coming back to this board!

April 3rd, 2014, 01:12 PM
Hopingfor1soon's Avatar Expecting a Miracle!
Send a message via MSN to Hopingfor1soon Send a message via Yahoo to Hopingfor1soon
Just thought I would pop in as I browse from time to time and am a grad and now am TTC #2.

I am Alicia. I started TTC my son in 2007 and finally after a failed IVF we got pregnant via FET with my DS Mason who is now 3. My RE at the time didn't give me an official diagnosis, but suggested PCOS. We went on to start trying for #2 and had two early losses after IVF and FETs. We have since moved and switched REs and I got the official PCOS diagnosis and was started on metformin (which my new RE believes could have helped prevent my losses). We will be doing an FET the end of April and are hoping for Jan 15' baby!

Each time I have gotten pregnant it has been via FET or IVF. I also have used acupuncture and a strict low carb low sugar diet each time also.

We are trying another FET and if it fails we will try one more IVF and any FETs that we get and then will move on to adoption for baby #2. It is just so darn expensive!

April 7th, 2014, 11:09 PM
Preemie Momma
Hi, my name is Brianna. I got diagnosed with PCOS on March 8 of this year. It was supposed to be my 8 week check up for my pregnancy, but I lost the baby on Feb 23. It was our second loss, we had another around the same time last year. We have been successful with one baby. Our daughter, Amaya, is now 3. She was born at 28 weeks, and was 2 lbs 11 oz, 15 in. She spent a little over a month in the NICU and we brought her home on Super Bowl Sunday... Which was somewhat funny because she was born on Christmas. We joked about her being the 'holiday' baby. We have been TTC for the last 2- 2 1/2 years now, but haven't done charting and opk because we didn't think it was necessary... I've always had irregular periods, and SOOO many PCOS symptoms, but I had 5 doctors tell me that because I was skinny, tall, and athletic, that it was normal for me to skip periods or have really light ones from time to time. I began discussing my periods with my new doctor up here in the Midwest (originally from GA) and she presented the idea to test for PCOS. Now, I have been placed on Metformin and I'm up to 1000mg a day, and my doctor said we could start Clomid as soon as I had my AF, which fortunately, was last week. So, just need to make the appointment now. Have started watching what I eat and drink, and have been looking into charting, etc. Truthfully, I'm completely overwhelmed.
BFP #1: 6/11- delivered 12/25/10 @ 28 weeks, now 3
BFP #2: 1/13- miscarried at week 6
BFP #3: 2/14- miscarriage at week 7

Thanks MommaDuck's for my GORGEOUS Siggy!!!

Thanks to Kerian for this wonderful blinkie!
June 12th, 2014, 10:19 AM
Hello! My name is Danielle. We're still ttc, but I think it's actually worked this cycle. It's my first injection cycle and im 12 dpo now with a dark frer! Sadly, I can't take it seriously because of hcg shot! Nice to meet everyone!
June 12th, 2014, 11:53 AM
epsilonbeta's Avatar Super Mommy
Here's proof of my success story! Born 6lbs 7oz and 20.2" on May 31
katylady likes this.

Excitedly Expecting #1 w/ PCOS around June 16, 2014
Adopted mom to DS (16)
June 16th, 2014, 05:40 PM
Hi! I'm Jen, and I just got diagnosed with PCOS. I've got the pearly ovaries.

My doctor is starting me on Clomid this month-so hopefully it will happen soon!

I just wanted to check in, because this board's really helped me since finding out about my PCOS and it makes me feel encouraged knowing there are a lot of ladies out there who were able to get pregnant with PCOS!

Well I guess I need to update this-I got my BFP yesterday!! It was the 3rd round of Clomid at 100 mg. Of course since I'm only 4 weeks along so I'm a little bit nervous and probably will be until after the 1st trimester.

Good luck to all the ladies on here-sending baby dust!

Last edited by cupcakejen; October 2nd, 2014 at 03:38 PM. Reason: Update
June 30th, 2014, 12:07 PM
Sapphera's Avatar NTNP Host
I'm Michelle, and I'm an oldbie, though I never posted too often before since it was quiet around here at the time too

I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2001 when they were still throwing around scary stats like "5% chance of getting pregnant, and then only 10% chance of carrying to term". Broke my heart since all I wanted to be since I was young was a SAHM.

I have all the classic symptoms and am also insulin resistant. I have had good luck with my weight using the GI Diet (which isn't a diet..it's a way of life). I'm still overweight, but at least now it's controlled and is slowly going down. I ovulate about 4 times a year on my own.

Thankfully, things have advanced since I was diagnosed! In 2011 we decided to start trying, and in 2012 we were referred to a fertility clinic (even though I had the PCOS diagnosis, I still had to wait a year to get into the clinic).. and we got our BFP in July 2012 using chlomid alone.

Now, we are WTTC, as I need a new GP .. and it is really hard here finding a GP, let alone a female PCOS-friendly one! And I can't get a referral into the fertility program without one..so it's a forced wait.
ZaydensMomma likes this.
NTNP #2
August 13th, 2014, 06:59 PM
Hi! I'm Erin and am a newbie here. I'm soon to be 34 and my bf and I are TTC. This will be my first (after a m/c 11 years ago) and his third.

I was officially diagnosed with pcos today and was put on metformin, provera and clomid. My Dr is great and sees no reason why we shouldn't be successful, so we're hopeful.

Anyway I just wanted to say hi!
September 25th, 2014, 05:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I haven't posted here in a LONG time. Anyway, I have PCOS (diagnosed 2009). Took a good year before discovering a polyp in my uterus, had it removed and immediately got pregnant (with clomid and hcg shot). My son Noah was born 2/3/14 and is now 4.5 years old. Then a year after he was born, we went back to try for #2. Did the same thing and first cycle I could trigger, we did and we were pregnant. My daughter Emilee was born 3/29/12 and is now 2.5. We recently decided that we for sure wanted to try for a #3. I did try losing some weight and did actually have some periods on my own for the first time ever, but I'm pretty sure I wasn't ovulating.

Now I'm on my first cycle back with meds. CD 5 today. Had an ultrasound yesterday and I have a mass in my uterus. We think it's just a clot though and hopefully it will pass on its own. I'm on clomid 150mg.

September 26th, 2014, 05:43 AM
3Sapphires's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

I'm Ami, married for 15 years, a 5 times grad. 3 earthly kiddos 2 angels. I was dx'ed in 2002, and put on metformin, but still had another 3 years of ttc before I would fall pregnant with my first.

my first we tt'ced for 5 years with the help of metformin and then a 3 cycles of BCP. My first son was born in 2006.

We started ttc when he was 3 months old, 1 year later I ended up pregnant with my second son. He was born in 2008.

We started ttc when he was 3 months old. 16 months later I was pregnant again, but had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks. That was June 2010.

We started ttc again right away, but it was another 18 months before I was pregnant again. my third son was born in 2012.

WE had been ntnp since he was about 5 months old. another year later I was pregnant again, but again had a missed miscarriage at 9 weeks. This was in march 2014.

currently I am ttc on the sly, while DH is NTNP. it has been 6 months since my miscarriage and my due date is in 2 weeks. I am about to O in the next day, and I would love more than anything to celebrate that EDD with a BFP.

I am currently using OPKs, but I have charted, temped and used FAM in the past.

FF Chart**CrazyAmiCrochet**
Missing Our Angels gone too soon 6/5/10 & 3/1/14
Adam Michael 9/22/06 (c-section)~Nathan Joseph 9/4/08 (VBAC)~Lincoln Thomas 9/5/12 (VBAC)

October 3rd, 2014, 05:52 PM
Hi my name is Marie 32 years old. I have pcos and have been ttc baby number 3 for 7 years. This cycle I took soy iso cd 3_7 160mg each day, preeseed, softcups, complex b6 vitamins , and after O when ever that maybe I will eat pineapple core for 5 days. I am also.new to board. Have load of knowledge on herbal remedies that help with pcos and possible conception. This is my last chance with natural remedies before we move to ivf in February.
October 12th, 2014, 12:52 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
Introduce yourself and what is your background? My name is Christina. I am in my early 30s and have had two children. My OB didn't suspect I had PCOS until I had been TTC #2 for almost a year and I had gotten pregnant the first month with my son.

I wouldn't say its a success story - it was a lot of trial and error, waiting, prayer, etc. I got pregnant on my 26th cycle TTC my daughter.

We are sorta TTC #3....certainly not preventing. Very open to having another child any time. Currently not trying with any medical help.

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

October 19th, 2014, 05:29 PM
Veteran
Introduce yourself and what is your background? My name is
SHEILA Im 41 just got my dignoses on this thursday. been ttc out 4th for 4 years now didnt think anything was wrong until my cycle went all wacky not having it for 6 months or every other month or ever 3 months. same old.. I have 3 kids 2 oldest from ex husband my girl will be 21 soon our oldest son will be 19 this month and our yougest son will be 13 in november. Just have an ultra sound done to look and everything and blood work still waiting for the results of those..

we finally did it after 4 years or how ever long it took.

we are not trying at the moment but instead living in the moment and being care free no more opk or temping we have decided not to live that way anymore were are done trying but not being carefull.
taking vitamins now and cinnamon..

Last edited by Shelz@_@; October 19th, 2014 at 05:34 PM.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search