TTC # 2 Intro

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By AllyO

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 26th, 2014, 05:04 PM
Hi, I'm Ally and I was diagnosed with PCOS in 2007 although the symptoms were there years prior. I welcomed my daughter "P" in June of 2009 and as of today.. my husband and I are actively TTC #2 with the help of clomid.

I was on clomid for 3 months, by doing it one month on 50mg, then a month off, then a month on, etc. I did this not only to try and conceive on my own but to regulate my own body's system. It wasn't until my last clomid treatment that I gave up trying. I had been trying for years with no help and I think I set myself up when I started clomid and believed it would happen right away.. it did not.. rather we got a surprise or as I call it my miracle.. I quit trying in August and low and behold, I got pg with P the next month. She has taken me on an extraordinary adventure and has truly been my miracle and brought me back to life.

Fast forward almost 5 years after she was born, and my husband and I had already been trying without the help of clomid and were not successful. I kinda knew in the back of my head if we were going to get pg, we were going to need help. What also makes this tricky.. he lives in England.. I live in the Canada, so we are only together for 4-5 months out of the year while he is schooling.

I've been trying to see the Dr who helped me get pg last time but my NP was deferring me in any way she could, she even referred me to a different obgyn claiming I was there for different issues and this ob refused to budge on a decision that apparently was already made before I seen her. I demanded to see the other Dr that is familiar with my situation.. I finally.. after 2 years of being deferred and given the run around, I got to see him today.. and he point blank apologized for all that I had been through and had the script for clomid already printed and ready for me. He even went further and told me anytime I need to see an ob, to email him personally and he would get me in within 48 hours.. (if only he was a family doctor, I would so be happy to not have to deal with the incompetence of my NP)

So yeah, here I am I look forward to meeting all of you wonderful ladies.
Jodimarie likes this.
March 28th, 2014, 12:02 AM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
Hi and welcome! My name is Jodi and I my son is three months old I tried for three years before I got pregnant. I too tried clomid without success, I got pregnant using Fertilaid I'm glad you finally got to see the Dr you've been trying to see for so long! This board is Kind of slow but it seems slowly more people are posting and hopefully it becomes the wonderful board it used to be! I'm currently not TTC but I pop in once in a while to welcome others and possibly give advice if I can Good luck with your clomid this time around and hopefully you get your BFP very soon!
December 3rd 2014 !! Baby #2 due August 2015!!!

March 28th, 2014, 08:29 AM
katylady's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
sending baby dust your way!
April 8th, 2014, 12:22 AM
Preemie Momma
Welcome welcome! Just found out about my PCOS. We have one daughter, 3, and we've had two losses, most recently this past Feb. Haven't started Clomid yet, but just got the AF I needed for my OB to approve me to get on it, so I guess I'm looking forward to it... I've had symptoms for years but all previous Dr's were apparently incompetent... lol.

I'd love to hear about what Clomid is like. I know how I feel about metformin so far (which isn't good because I've been nauseated every day since I started it). But I'm hoping I'll get some better results from the Clomid.

Oh and Jodi, where do you get this Fertilaid? At this point, I think I would shake a stick and a rain dance if I could. I'm truly willing to try just about anything.
BFP #1: 6/11- delivered 12/25/10 @ 28 weeks, now 3
BFP #2: 1/13- miscarried at week 6
BFP #3: 2/14- miscarriage at week 7

Thanks MommaDuck's for my GORGEOUS Siggy!!!

Thanks to Kerian for this wonderful blinkie!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search