New to PCOS and a bit overwhelmed

Forum: Trying to Conceive With PCOS

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive With PCOS LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 7th, 2014, 11:53 PM
Preemie Momma
I am very new to having PCOS. I only found out March 8 of this year. Originally, it would've been my 8 week appointment for my pregnancy, but we m/c on Feb 23. I went ahead with the scheduled ultrasound because my new doctor had suggested PCOS might be my irregular AF problem, and also explained a few other symptoms I had mentioned.
<br><br>
This loss was our second in just a few days over a year. I guess despite our losses, we've been 'lucky' to have two pregnancies in a year... but it's a little hard to look at it that way. We do believe that my mother's side of the family passed the PCOS to me, but I am the first person (that we know of) to have any problems from it. We were NTNP about 6 months after our daughter was born (12/25/10). We hadn't known there was a problem so we weren't thinking we needed to "actively try" ie: the charting, timed BMS, etc. Although, I did have a weird feeling that something wasn't right.
<br><br>
I am currently on metformin at 1000mg a day. I hate it beyond belief. For one, I feel like crap all of the time, mostly nausea, but occasionally the cruddy low blood sugar stuff (shaking, light-headed, etc). For two, I think it's a mental thing as well. All these years I've been complaining... all these years I've been a "healthy, tall, skinny, athletic young girl." I'm currently 23, and despite the fact that there are many worse situations that I could be in and that people all around the world are in (like, childhood cancer, etc...) I'm just having a hard time grasping that I'm probably going to be taking a pill for the rest of my life. I realize if this had been discovered years ago, I would've still probably thought I was 'too young' but then I would've have had all the other doctor's healthy words in my ears and I think I could've accepted it a little easier. Not to mention, my miscarriages and potential infertility seem to be everyone's favorite conversation... I believe it was hearing my SIL tell her husband while the two of us were at my MIL's making cookies that "it wasn't (my husband, her brother)'s fault that we hadn't gotten pregnant. It's because Brianna's broken" that I kinda lost interest in hearing anyone say anything to me about the situation. <br><br>

I've been reading on the charting and I want to start trying that... I saw something about cervical mucous that made me curious and something else about finding your cervix... It all makes me a little... uncomfortable I guess. I didn't think that I'd be digging around in my hoo-hoo (as my daughter calls it) trying to see what my mucous looks like and see what position and how open my cervix it in order to plan sex with my husband. There's nothing wrong with it if it works... I was just unaware and I guess naïve. I had no idea how strong TTC women really are- especially those like us who have PCOS and those who have had losses. It's strange how something that definitely has made me feel broken, overwhelmed, and bit hopeless, also makes me feel empowered to extent. <br><br>

Anyhow, I'm always up for advice and discussion. This a little piece of my story, and I really want to share with all of you, and hopefully, have you share with me too!
BFP #1: 6/11- delivered 12/25/10 @ 28 weeks, now 3
BFP #2: 1/13- miscarried at week 6
BFP #3: 2/14- miscarriage at week 7

Thanks MommaDuck's for my GORGEOUS Siggy!!!

Thanks to Kerian for this wonderful blinkie!
April 13th, 2014, 02:01 PM
Jodimarie's Avatar Proud mommy to Kaiden!
I'm so sorry for your loss! HUGS* PCOS and TTC can be very overwhelming.. It took me 3 years to get pregnant with one chemical pregnancy before. I also take Metformin and it does suck! In the beginning I had a lot of those symptoms youre describing about the low blood sugar and light headed-ness. It does get better! Keep it up! I did chart for a while and it does help when you dont know when/if you ovulate. I never ovulated until I took clomid (I HATE fertility drugs lol), Femara or until I started taking Fertilaid (The reason I got pregnant!). On fertilaid I ovulated every month and was able to just use ovulation tests. I never liked the idea of feeling my cervix and looking at cervical mucus lol I just bought the pack of like 20 test strips and used them around the time I O'd Your daughter is beautiful! Good luck with TTC and if you have any questions just ask!

June 12th, 2014, 10:16 AM
I'm sorry to hear about your losses! Like Jodimarie said, pcos and ttc are overwhelming and can be an emotional roller coaster. We've been trying for a little over 2 yrs now, but regardless of how hard it is, we know it'll be totally worth it. Opk's seem to work well if you don't feel like sticking your finger in your "hoo hoo" lol. Hope you have a quick ttc journey and that you get a sticky bean! Good luck!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search