TTC Role Call!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk and TTC LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 7th, 2010, 01:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Who's here?

Name:
Risks:
TTC or WTTC:
Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks?
What is the plan for TTC if so?
What number are you TTC?
Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies?

September 7th, 2010, 04:46 PM
bookworm16_2000's Avatar Mom to Allison and JR
Name: Marjorie
Risks: Rheumatoid arthritis, IUGR
TTC or WTTC: WTTC for another couple of months until my daughter is 9 months old (the soonest my OB will let me TTC)
Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks? Nope
What number are you TTC? 2
Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? Yup, although I didn't know why my OB considered me high risk until I was about 6 months along!

Thanks to Claire1979 for the terrific siggy!

My Blog
September 7th, 2010, 07:36 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Name: Amy
Risks: history of dvt, pe & factor v leiden
TTC or WTTC: ttc
Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks?a little
What is the plan for TTC if so?normally i take a blood thinner called coumadin but it is not safe for ttc or during pregnancy so i am on another called lovenox
Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? yes but didn't know about the fvl until during pregnancy.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
September 7th, 2010, 09:47 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Megan
Risks: Hypo thyroid (I don't have a thyroid), previous stillbirth, and miscarriages...I'm also being retested for lupus anticog in late October, my last test came out positive...I also have something wrong with an artery in my uterus, which might cause problems in another pregnancy (it's a long story)oh and I have a history of PIH and pre-elampsia
TTC or WTTC: WTTC till i'm retested in late October/Nov
Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks? Yes i'm waiting longer to TTC, in hopes that my uterus is going to heal
What is the plan for TTC if so? I'm going to start temping as soon as I get AF, use OPK's and my CBEFM and probably preseed.
What number are you TTC? it will be my 8th pregnancy...I have 4 living children, and 1 that's not, and then 2 miscarriages
Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? I knew in my last 2 that ended in miscarriages

September 7th, 2010, 10:31 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Name: Rebecca
Risks: type 1 diabetes (32yrs), cfs, previous pregnancy complications including pre-eclampsia, HELLP, complete placental abruption and polyhydramnios
TTC or WTTC: ttc
Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks? Have to have tight control of blood sugars a few months before
What is the plan for TTC if so? Already have a near normal glyco and continuing to check sugars 10+ times a day as well as continuous glucose sensor and insulin pump
What number are you TTC? 8 with 1 loss
Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? Yes, I was always told I couldn't have kids (stupid Steel Magnolias movie)

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page

Last edited by 8miraclez; September 8th, 2010 at 07:57 AM. Reason: spell check changed words wrong
September 8th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Delekatala's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to Delekatala
Name:Jennifer
Risks:Type 2 diabetes, and history of premature birth (34 weeks and 29 weeks) and IUGR
TTC or WTTC: TTC, but been on a break for a couple months to get sugars a tiny bit lower.
Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks? Yes, I have to have perfect blood sugar to TTC
What is the plan for TTC if so? I do not ovulate so we need clomid, If sugars are good for the rest of this month, we are doing clomid next cycle.
What number are you TTC? I have 2 stepdaughters, 2 living children, and one angel baby.
Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? Yes, we had the same issues and used the same formula with our twins, They were born early due to Lillian's cord flow stopping, and Genevive passed away at 16 days old. I am a little nervous about complications again.
September 8th, 2010, 10:38 AM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
Name: Rebecca
Risks: Advanced maternal age(35) - BLAH! A previous loss, Overweight
TTC or WTTC: TTC
Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks? No
What is the plan for TTC if so? Right now currently on 4th cycle of Clomid 100mg. Not sure of the plan if we dont suceed this month.
What number are you TTC? Our first!
Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? Yes with being overweight most of life I knew I would be considered high risk.
September 8th, 2010, 01:26 PM
MeganMomof5's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Becca, just curious, do you have any health issues from being overweight? I'm considered overweight too but my doctor said it was never an issue since I don't have any health issues from being overweight...I'm just curious (i'm trying to drop some pounds any way)

September 8th, 2010, 04:58 PM
BeccaM's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to BeccaM
No other health issues that I know of... But just with the added weight and age I was told I would be considered high risk.. She assured me that I could have a very normal pregnancy but I would be monitored a little closer than usual. Maybe she just a little cautios.
September 8th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Name:Liz
Risks: Factor V Leiden, previous DVT and PE, pre-e with my last pregnancy
TTC or WTTC: WTTC (I want another fall baby.)
Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks? Yes
What is the plan for TTC if so? Seeing my hematologist in December, but it will be 2 shots a day of Lovenox to take the place of my coumadin.
Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? I have never TTC before. Stella was a suprise!

September 8th, 2010, 06:44 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
Name: Donna
Risks: Preterm Labor
Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks? No
What number are you TTC? #2
Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? Not until I found out I was in labor at 33 Weeks

September 10th, 2010, 07:50 PM
HopefulMommy81's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Jacque (HopefulMommy81)
Risks: I have Spina Bifida, am homozygous for an MTHFR mutation, and I had a stillborn at 23 weeks due to anhydramnios
TTC or WTTC: WTTC until November (I think)
Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks? Nope, but we're waiting because I had a thombophelia panel drawn again and DH and I are both getting chromsome analysis done (even though Matthew was "normal")
What is the plan for TTC if so? Starting in November I think....on 4 mg of folic acid (have been for over a year), and on 81 mg aspirin as well. I have an issue with leave from work which is another reason we're waiting until November (basically I can't be off more than 6 days between now and April 14th to qualify for all of my leave) Oh, and I'll be using the CBEFM starting next cycle, too So grateful a friend is letting me borrow hers!
What number are you TTC? Our second, but he/she will be our first live birth
Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? I knew I was high-risk due to my Spina Bifida but honestly my biggest concern was that the baby would have SB- I never imagined anything else would happen

Annalise is hoping to be a big sister on June 28, 2014. Forever missing her big brother, Matthew, stillborn on July 1, 2010.
September 11th, 2010, 09:33 AM
*~*N*i*c*o*l*e*~*'s Avatar Mommy Since 2006
Name: Nicole

Risks: severe pre e, type 2 diabetes and pelvic seperation in pregnancy

TTC or WTTC: ttc.. currently af is 5 days late

Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks? not that i know of my doc gave me the all clear and told me to get on it already.

What is the plan for TTC if so? baby dance daily hahaa lol. no plan, but im hoping to get pregnnat soon or i have to get my doc on board to help me and he isnt willing to because of how easily i got pregnant he told me theres nothing wrong iwth me, even though i dont know if im ovulating and having odd cycles.

What number are you TTC? 4th baby

Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? not my first, my second not really high risk till after 20 weeks, and then my third wasnt high risk till after 20 weeks. but this time i guess im considered high risk off the bat.

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

September 12th, 2010, 10:15 AM
luvmykids623's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Lori

Risks: chronic hypertension, severe asthma, pre-e in previous pregnancies, PTL in previous pregnancies, 3 previous losses

TTC or WTTC: I'm waiting to m/c and then will be ttc as soon as I can after that

Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks? nope

What is the plan for TTC if so? n/a

What number are you TTC? I have 2 living children and have had 3 losses

Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? I didn't know I would be high risk with DS, but I did with DD.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my beautiful siggy!

September 12th, 2010, 04:44 PM
MommytoaMiracle's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Name: Amber

Risks: Recurrent Pregnancy Loss & PCOS

Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks? Oh yes. I have to be on fertility meds & have very close monitoring

What is the plan for TTC if so? IUI with injectables in Oct/Nov

What number are you TTC? #1

Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? Not until my RPL
September 12th, 2010, 05:24 PM
esparando para bebé's Avatar Proud Car Seat Technician
Send a message via AIM to esparando para bebé Send a message via Yahoo to esparando para bebé
Name: Augie
Risks: MTHFR, Rh- (DH is Rh+), and four miscarriages
TTC or WTTC: NTNP for one more cycle, HSG on the 20th
Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks? I am on 4mg folic acid and extra B6 and B12. Once pregnant, I'll go on Heparin immediately.
What is the plan for TTC if so? Hoping to start Femera next month
What number are you TTC? Pregnancy #5
Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? I had a pretty good idea.

Thanks to Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
Proud former foster parent to a teen. Waiting on our next call. Proud Aunt to 22.
Proud mommy to 7 angels. Survivor of 4 failed adoptions (5 kids)
October 1st, 2010, 01:49 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Name: Beth
Risks: PPROM in previous pregnancy
Do you have to TTC differently because of your risks? Nope
Did you know you were high risk when TTC previous pregnancies? no

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search