update

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk and TTC LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 29th, 2010, 08:54 PM
*~*N*i*c*o*l*e*~*'s Avatar Mommy Since 2006
Well I went to my doc this morning to find out if its my thyroid causing me to not have cycles.

And drum roll please.. its not my thyroid, so hes now moving on to testing hormoans. I made my hubby go so my doc realized we WANt to mvoe onto ttc faster than we are. My doc said well you havnt been trying that long.. since august.. and hubby went of last year. as in 2009. So my docs like okay well i will get you this hormoan blood work right away. so i will hopefully be geting it done tomorrow. but he said that we would need to test hubbys little swimmers. and to me that makes no sense.. its not that I cant get pregnant.. cuz geeze my hubbys sperm works.. we have 3 of them to prove it, but its me whos not haivng cycles so I dont see why hubby needs testing, but i guess its to do with protocal.. meaning that until they rule him out medically speaking i cant get fertility drugs for me. But i know its all me and my fault that I cant get pregnant and its really taking a hard affect on me. My doc even asked me if anyone in my family had early menopause.. in which i think i can say no..

my birth mom is like 48 now and is just heading into menopause. and my birth sister is 27 and still able to have kids. and well as far as my birth grandma.. she had 23 children. And there were NO twins as far as anyone can remember. so with that being said i dont think she hit menopause early.

so im hoping im not heading into menopause. But its making me think if depo provera is the reason behind this all. But i truly dont know and I just hope its easily fixed with medication to make me ovulate and have cycles. I cant take much more of this. I really cant.

******Thank you Julka for my beautiful siggy******

September 30th, 2010, 07:32 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I hope that they can figure this out soon. What kind of doctor are seeing.

September 30th, 2010, 02:09 PM
just my reg gp till he doesnt know what to do anymore. like he said he can test for msall things but after that he will refere me

September 30th, 2010, 08:50 PM
8miraclez's Avatar Formerly Halfbaked
Ugh! That's so frustrating. I keep wondering if there is something wrong with me too and in my family, there have been cases of early menopause. My cycles are just so much longer than they used to be.
It's normal to check sperm count and motility just to rule it out. It's so much more non-invasive than the things they do to us. I hope they find whatever is going on and it's something minor that can be fixed easily. Hang in there.

To read updates about our baby born with major birth defects, like our Facebook page
October 1st, 2010, 10:36 AM
yeh im hoping its not.. im only 22 and what ive read on it is super rare to head into menopause that early. I hope its not cuz i dont have money to do egg retrieval and freeze and what not, so if its menopause my whole life is basically over. I wanted more children and not being able to would just kill me emotionally.. id be dead inside. i hope its an easy fix im super worried an stressed. this weekend isnt going fast enough.

October 2nd, 2010, 09:37 PM
just found out today from my birth sister that our birth mom went through menopause at 30. So im thinking im doomed for more children. I guess we will find out my results on monday but im not taking this very well. I didnt think id be done having kids at 22.

October 3rd, 2010, 08:46 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Keeping my fingers crossed that the test results are good news instead of bad!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search