Seattlite's TTC journal

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk and TTC LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 9th, 2010, 10:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 20, 5 DPO

OK, FINALLY my temp jumped way up today, so Fertility Friend is now saying I O'd on Saturday. Which was a day I forgot to take an OPK, so, that makes sense. This would put me O'ing 3 days later than in my last cycle, and my last cycle was abnormally short, so now I'm expecting to O next cycle sometime during the week after Christmas.

Woke up this morning exhausted and just couldn't make myself work out. Tomorrow I'm off, so I'll probably do both the cardio and the toning workouts on my DVD to make up for not working out today.

December 15th, 2010, 08:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 26, 11 DPO

Just waiting for AF to show up now so I can move on with TTC next cycle. Not as excited to be starting up as I was last time, for some reason. I think it's partly because I'm worried about how our finances are going to be affected by DH's mom losing her house. I am worried we're going to end paying for an apartment for her, which would be NOT GOOD.

Didn't go to work yesterday because Monday night, Jim was up coughing a LOT. Plus we had a thunderstorm, which didn't help him sleep either. I woke up yesterday morning when my alarm clock went off and thought, "Nope, today is not happening." I was too tired to even get up and call my boss, until the cats got me up about an hour and a half later. (I think they were saying, "Hey! You're going to be late for work!") Sometimes it's a very good thing I work 4 10's, since I was able to change my day off to yesterday rather than take leave. I need to save up all the leave I can for the next pregnancy.

December 17th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 28, 13 DPO

I have a massive headache today. I woke up at 2AM and just couldn't get back to sleep for a long time, which is why I think I've got such a headache. I'm also still waiting for AF, it should be here at any minute...now I'm starting to get excited about TTC again!

December 21st, 2010, 01:22 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cycle 4, CD 3

AF is here in full force, that evil woman...but this is a good thing because it means we're back in a TTC cycle! After how consistent my temps were last cycle compared to the previous one, I'm now thinking that maybe I didn't ovulate the cycle before, and that OPK was wrong? Anyway, I am still working out most mornings (it can be harder to find time on the weekends, but week days I'm consistent about it) and trying to eat more healthy foods despite the holidays. I feel ready for a baby now, so hopefully this is the cycle!

December 28th, 2010, 07:18 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 10

AF is now gone, temp still low...in fact today it's insanely low, but I think it's because I've got a bug of some sort working its way out of my digestive system. DH seemed to have it yesterday--he got really really cold, so I took his temp and it was way lower than normal and he felt cold to the touch. Made him some tea and a hot meal and that brought it up a bit. This morning I woke up with my BBT at 96.8, which is a half degree lower than it's ever been, and even now after getting up and moving around my temp is still only 97.05. Need a nice big bowl of hot oatmeal, stat! I'm working from home today so I can stay in bed and stay warm, and also stay near a bathroom. I've got a presentation to research so I'll be working on that today, it's an easy work-from-home project.

OPK has also been negative so far. We're doing a cycle or two more of TTC a girl (so, not BDing right when I ovulate but trying to time it a day or two before, so the boy spermies die off and leave just the girl spermies when my egg arrives) and then if I'm still not pregnant, then we're going to BD all the time until I get pregnant.

Had a lovely quiet Christmas, it was really wonderful! Had to see DH's mom on Christmas Eve and she's awful to be around, but otherwise it was pretty much a perfect weekend. Even managed to get DH to agree to order a futon for our downstairs guest room that we're converting into a play room--been trying to get him to do that for a year now.

December 29th, 2010, 05:09 PM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 11

I think I'm about to O, will be taking an OPK tonight that will hopefully confirm...that is, unless the stress from my in-laws makes my egg shrivel up. Remember that wonderful perfect low-stress Christmas? Well, now we're paying for it. Apparently DH's dad and step mom are mad at us because they weren't invited to our house for Christmas, when we told them weeks ago that we weren't doing anything with anyone for Christmas this year. They thought "not doing anything, drop off presents a week or so before" meant "come over for coffee and a chat on Christmas morning" and they are mad that DH went to their house a few days before Christmas and dropped off presents then, instead of us inviting them over on Christmas morning. So when DH's sister went to their house on Christmas day, they complained to her about us not seeing them for the holiday and how they were really hurt that they weren't invited over. AAAAARGH! This is exactly why we told them weeks in advance that WE WERE NOT DOING ANYTHING WITH ANYBODY FOR CHRISTMAS, because I don't need all this holiday stress when I'm trying to freakin' ovulate! Do they want another grandchild or not? Because seriously, if I don't get pregnant this month, I know who to blame.

I officially hate Christmas.

Last edited by Seattlite; December 29th, 2010 at 05:43 PM.
December 29th, 2010, 07:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Just popping in the see how things are going. I am sorry that you are getting flack from your in-laws about Christmas. I hope you catch that egg this cycle!!

December 30th, 2010, 10:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, Liz! Sometimes I want to smack my in-laws...

CD 12

Working from home today--which reduces my stress level enormously. OPK still negative last night, and my temp hasn't gone up yet, so still waiting on that egg. It should be anytime in the next couple of days assuming that stress from yesterday doesn't delay things.

January 1st, 2011, 09:24 AM
Rae-of-Sunshine's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Just browsing on a rainy day this morning and read your story. I can tell you that the OPK's worked wonders for me, so here is hoping they do the same for you!

Psalm 139:9-10
]
January 1st, 2011, 02:44 PM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 14, 1 DPO?

OPK positive yesterday afternoon, temp jumped up today, so I'm pretty sure I O'd yesterday. Now just keeping our fingers crossed!

January 2nd, 2011, 12:52 PM
OurSweetLabs's Avatar I LOVE My Boys!!
YAY !!

Good Luck this month !

January 3rd, 2011, 08:30 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 16, maybe 3 DPO?

So after 2 days of temp being up, today it dropped like a rock. %#()_@$!!!! Now worrying that I didn't O after all and we'll be into another month...trying to stay positive, it's just one temp, but seriously, this makes me insane. I even took it a couple of times to be sure. Could I please just once when we're actually TTC have a straight-forward chart?!?!

This is the week I've switched to working an 8-hour day, so I'm planning to go home tonight and work out after work and then make a nice healthy dinner of salmon and potatoes.

In other news, my best friend just got engaged! They're getting married in the fall, which means I will hopefully be either gigantically pregnant, or just had a baby, when the wedding happens.

January 4th, 2011, 03:08 PM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 17, maybe 4 DPO?

Temp back up a bit again today but not as high as it had been the two previous days. Ugh. I have a feeling this isn't the month.

January 5th, 2011, 08:52 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 18, 5 DPO?

So today my temp this morning was back up where it had been those two days before I had the one-day drop. Fertility Friend still wasn't setting an O date, though, so I checked to see what happens if I go with the OPK method of tracking ovulation, and then it said I O'd December 31, which matches with when my temps first went up. Then I switched it back to advanced, and tried discarding the one low temp, and again it says ovulation on December 31. Then I switched it back to counting that temp (I don't like to mess with my data that much) and we'll see what happens, but for now I'm feeling fairly certain I am 5 DPO.

That gives me 9 days until I test...which reminds me, I haven't shared with you all that DH put pregnancy tests in my stocking for Christmas this year. Can you tell he really wants to be a dad again? LOL! I have begun browsing maternity clothing websites again...can you tell I really want to be a mom again?

January 6th, 2011, 08:21 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 19, 6 DPO

No more question mark, Fertility Friend now says I O'd on the 31st after this morning's still-up temp. So I am planning to test a week from tomorrow if there's no sign of AF. Now comes the part I just totally hate, the waiting...

January 7th, 2011, 10:05 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 20, 7 DPO

Temp still up again today, everything seems to be on track except that one temperature that was lower earlier this week. And, yesterday I felt a sudden strong twingy crampy oww feeling on my right side around where my uterus is, so, maybe implantation cramping? I'm still trying not to get my hopes up because tomorrow my temp could dip again, but I am cautiously optimistic.

I do think if I got pregnant this cycle, it would probably rule out me being a bridesmaid at my best friend's wedding--she's planning it for labor day, and if I get pregnant this cycle, I'd be 37 weeks along then. But she hasn't asked me to be in it yet, I think because she knows I'd be high risk and hopefully ginormous by then, and who wants to make a giant pregnant woman stand up through a wedding ceremony and for all the photos and everything that goes along with a wedding?

Meanwhile, in other news, Jim came home from daycare yesterday with a fever, and he laid on the couch watching a movie all yesterday afternoon and evening, which is completely not normal--usually watching a movie means playing with toys while the movie plays in the background, not laying down and actually WATCHING it. His temp is lower this morning but not quite back to normal and he's still not 100%, probably in part because he was up quite a bit last night, talking to his lovies instead of sleeping. DH is home with him while I'm at work today. Not sure he's going to make his first swim lesson tomorrow, but I'm hopeful.

January 8th, 2011, 09:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 21, 8 DPO

Temp still up, everything is on track, and yesterday I started to feel pregnant. I can't even put it in words, I just feel like there's something going on down there. My uterus feels a little, I don't know full I guess? It's probably all just wishful thinking but I'm going with it for now.

Jim did make it to swim lessons today, but he was so scared by all the people and the noise, he didn't do much swimming. I'm hoping he'll engage more next week.

January 9th, 2011, 04:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 22, 9 DPO

Having some constipation/gas today but it could be cramps. Temp still up, it's been very consistent since Wednesday. Meanwhile, I'm exhausted but that could be because Jim woke us up at 5AM. Hello, it's Sunday...he's now taking a marathon nap, and so is DH, while I camp out on the couch wishing I could sleep but not being able to. I think it's going to be an earl to bed night for me today. 6 more days until I test and I'm sure I'm going to be insane by Saturday!

January 10th, 2011, 11:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 23, 10 DPO

OK, so the wait has officially made me insane again. Am now alternating between hope and total despair. Temp is still up today, it's been ridiculously consistent since about 5 DPO. Having some twinges down there and totally obsessing about them but have no idea what they mean. It will be crazy town in my house for the next few days. AF is due by Friday so I'm planning to test on Saturday when DH is home and likely to be conscious (I get up way earlier than him on weekdays).

This morning, Jim tried to get out of going to daycare by saying he was sick. He totally had DH snowed too. I just asked one question: does he have a fever? The answer, of course, was no, so I said, "Then off to school he goes!" Jim is going through a phase where all he wants to do is hang out with his parents, and that's sweet and all, but it's pretty annoying when we need to get to work and he's having a meltdown about going to daycare...the daycare he doesn't want to leave at the end of the day because he's having so much fun.

The good news is, Jim hasn't had an accident in quite some time. I may actually get some diaper-free time between the two kids!

January 11th, 2011, 11:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
CD 24, 11 DPO

Almost tested this morning, but didn't want to jinx things. Temp was up even a bit higher this morning, hoping it's a sign of things to come. No sign of impending AF--no cramps, no increase in discharge...but I have at least 2 more days before AF would think about showing up, and I don't want to get my hopes up too much. That evil woman has broken my heart before!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search