Hi There

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To High Risk and TTC LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 8th, 2011, 02:16 AM
Veteran
Hi there ladies, My name is Marissa and I have 3 kids, 1 boy and 2 girls and we are ttc #4. My miscarried my forst pregnancy and then fell straight away with my ds. His pregnancy went very smoothly. I went into labour at 41 weeks with him and laboured for 30hours at which point he showed distress and they discovered he was brow presenting and was getting distressed everytime I pushed so i was rushed off for an emergency c-section.
I got pregnant with dd1 when ds was 11 months old (first cycle) and started having difficulties at 16 weeks. I had a lot of unexplainable bleeding and was on bed rest. I found out at 18 weeks that dd1 wasn't growing at the right rate and was put on weekly ultrsounds and ctg's. I went into labour at 26 weeks, but the dr's were able to stop it. The bleeding continued and DD's abdomine size stayed below 5th percentile. I was able to carry her until 37 weeks and although she was very skinny she was born healthy and not needing any extra care.
I got pregnant with dd2 13 months later and forthe first 30 weeks her pregnancy was almost a carbon copy of dd1's. Once again I went into labour early and had reacurrent bleeding, but it was managed. DD2 also had IUGR and was below 3rd percentile in weight. DD2 'wasn't too happy inside though and at my twice weekly CTG monitoring in wk35 they discovered that everytime she moved her heart rate was dropping. I was rushed off again for another emergency c-section. DD2 had trouble breathing and the hospital that I was at didn't have an ICU so she was taken by ambulance to the children's hospital's neonatal ICU. I wasn't able to go as there were no midwives to care for me after the c/s. DD2 was ehalthy compared to a lot of other prem babies in the ICU. She was able to come out of ICU the next day (total miracle - the dr's all said she would be there for at least a week).

DD2 is now 2 1/2 and we've decided to ttc #4. The doctors have said that the chance of another IUGR pregnancy is very high and that we can expect an earlier and smaller baby next time. We live in a remote country town and have a traveling OB come up once a month. I'm not able to have a baby here in town and have been told I will need to move to Perth (which is 20hours drive away) at 32 weeks.
Needless to say, most people try to talk me out of having another one.
January 8th, 2011, 10:42 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, this is seriously the 3rd time I have typed this. My computer is being a piece of crap.

Hello and welcome!

I am Liz, married to Patrick and mom to Stella. We were planning on wttc until Feb, but had an oops on NYE, so now I am in the 2ww.

I know that being high risk can bring a lot of judgment from others, especially when planning a pregnancy. You need to make the decision that is right for your family.

January 8th, 2011, 08:26 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! I'm Beth, mom to Jim who was born at 27 weeks due to premature rupture of membranes, and is now a happy healthy 3 year old. We're currently TTC #2. I wish you lots of baby dust and the easiest pregnancy possible!

January 12th, 2011, 08:28 PM
Regular
Good Luck! I know how you are feeling about people trying to discourage you from having more kids. My own MOTHER is constantly trying to get me to get my tubes tide. I'm only 23 and this is only my 2nd child, I know that I have had complications but something like that is totally up to you and your husband. Ultimatly I think you will know what is right. Don't let anyone talk you out of more babies if thats what you feel is right...you dont want to ever regret not having more someday down the road. Good luck and keep me updated!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search