Mystix- Knowing the Pagan Within

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Pagan's Learning Circle LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2010, 04:42 AM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
Assignment 1

A.)What is your interpretation of the Higher Self?
I feel like my higher self is the part of my mind that is in tune with the divine and the cosmos. I almost feel like it is my subconscious mind, the part of my mind that I haven't tapped into fully.

B.) Write down what you hope to accomplish by the end of this course.

I hope to learn how to find time for myself without letting the worries of the day slip into my meditation. I want to find how to incorporate my spirituality into everyday life. I want to not second guess my intuition and also learn to know that not everything is supposed to be perfect.

September 12th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
That's a really good one, not letting the worries interfere with our peace of mind. I have that same problem and it is incredibly annoying!

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Team Green Predicted A Boy

September 15th, 2010, 05:20 AM
Lesson 2- Knowing the Pagan Within

1.) Have you tried meditation in the past or are you currently meditating?
I have meditated in the past, but I am not currently. It is very hard to find undisturbed time with a little one

2.) What do you like/dislike about meditating?
I like how I feel after meditating; I feel centered and calm. The only thing I dislike is I have a hard time getting the days worries out of my head.

3.) What are your strengths and weaknesses in being able to accomplish finding time to meditate?
Definite weaknesses is having to watch the baby all day and when he is napping I have tons of other things in the house that needs to be done. My strengths would be my visualization skills.. when i actually do meditate, and once I can push my worries to the side, I can transport my mind anywhere I feel like going and it feels totally real to me, almost like my soul actually leaves my body and goes to where I am directing it.

4.) What kind of meditating are you wanting to try, like guided meditations you find online or the meditation spot in your mind or the candle or anything else..?
I am interested in learning about other way of meditating. Right now I use simple visualization techniques to get myself grounded and then send my mind to other places. I have found that guided meditations help me initially, but they seem to hinder me in the places I want my mind to go. They are great for short meditations, though.

September 15th, 2010, 07:19 AM
Visualization skills are great, I'm the same way - I can make myself feel like I'm there, it's awesome!

I know about the baby time constraints! Have you considered that if you were to even set aside 3-5 minutes after baby falls asleep that it could cause the rest of your day(s) to go by smoother? Nourishing your spiritual self is needed to nourish your physical and mental self as well

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC

September 15th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stiana View Post
I know about the baby time constraints! Have you considered that if you were to even set aside 3-5 minutes after baby falls asleep that it could cause the rest of your day(s) to go by smoother? Nourishing your spiritual self is needed to nourish your physical and mental self as well
Yes, I know! So I guess another weakness is being able to let go (even if only for 5 minutes) of my control freak, have everything perfect ways.

September 17th, 2010, 07:12 AM
This is part of lesson 3 I think.. I am still working on it. This is my storm before the calm

All of this stuff was hiding in my cubby in the living room and I really need to get it organized. I think it will help clear some of the clutter in my mind when i know it is done.

This is the cubby it came out of.. I actually cleared a lot of stuff from it yesterday and now I am working on the hidey holes

September 17th, 2010, 10:57 AM
Very lovely! I really like how you have that set up

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC

September 20th, 2010, 10:34 AM
Assignment 3
~Call it synchronicity – I made this lesson last night and this morning I find this article Please read the link. Inspiration Deficit Disorder - Gaiam Life

Very interesting article! I do try and do the things mentioned everyday to try and keep myself centered and in harmony with life. It can be very difficult at times when things don't seem to be going "my" way, but I have been getting much better about recognizing those times and stopping for a moment and changing the way I am seeing things.

~Clear away unnecessary items in your house, car, office, computer, yard and everything around you that you do not need and is blocking you energetically.

I started doing this the day before this assignment was posted! I have a lot left to do, but the more I accomplish, the better I feel! Right now I have cleared the living room, dinning room, and sun room of superfluous items since these are the rooms that we pend the most time in. I still need to clear out the closets that are used for storage and get them a bit better organized. Since I have a little one, I have to do this when I get time

~You know the negative thoughts you think of yourself, write them down (in your thread or privately) and turn them into positive affirmations (to be posted in your thread).
I have a spice for life that is infectious to those around me.
I am beautiful both inside and outside.
My creativity inspires the people around me.
I have a wonderful and loving relationship with my husband.
I am a loving and nurturing mother to my son.
I am at peace with my path in life and live everyday with the same wonder that a child has.

Reminder!
Don’t forget your meditation, try spare 3-5 minutes when you can! Post about any experiences you have or will have with your meditations.

I was able to meditate for 10 minutes last Friday (I plan to today as well) and my goodness! I forgot how good I feel after meditating. I put on some music which helps me to relax and did some breathing exercises. I breath in the good energy and breath out the bad. I imagine I am surrounded by a circle where only positive things can get in and the negative bounces off. I could feel the energy of light enter with every inhale.

I do plan on meditating today as well. I just feel so good after and I am able to focus and get tasks completed.

September 22nd, 2010, 06:51 AM
Great affirmations and very excited to hear about the meditation being a success!!!

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC

September 29th, 2010, 06:27 AM
Assignment4
What is grounding to you?
To me, it is the act of getting in tune with with natural energy, becoming one with the energy of nature

How often do you ground?
Before any meditation

How do you ground?
I imagine that my spine grows roots and reaches way down into the ground and takes in the nutrients and the energy that the ground has to offer and I also imagine that I have branches growing out of the top of my spine and head up to the sky, pulling in all that the sun has to offer.

What do you like about grounding?
It helps me know that I am part of something bigger and there are many energies around me that I can tap into.

Reminder
How are you coming along with meditation?
Ugh, not much to speak of However, I did sign up for a meditation class at a local metaphysical bookstore which I am going to on Sunday.

September 29th, 2010, 07:50 AM
That's amazing, please let us know how it goes!!!!

Co-Host of July 2014 DDC

September 29th, 2010, 08:40 AM
I will!

And of course.. my DH asked me how much it costs (Bah!). I finally told him last night how that makes me feel and he said he will try to be more sensitive.

October 11th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Assignment 5
Write down (in your own personal journal at home or whatever, you don’t post these unless you want to) how you feel when you talk to each individual person you come across during the day. Or even online, each person has their own energy, so write down how you feel when you’re reading their posts and what not.

Write down your reflections of this lesson and how it's going w/ feeling energy.

This was a hard one as I am usually so focused on a task to notice the energy around me. I think I failed on this one, but I will continue to try and do better. I do know that I feed off of energy around me and I am usually in whatever mood that is around me. I don't know if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but I would like to learn to control myself and feel what I WANT to feel. An example.. if DH is in a bad mood, I am automatically thrust into a bad mood too.. no matter how I have been feeling the rest of the day.

October 11th, 2010, 07:11 AM
Assignment 6
What is intuition to you?
I guess I would call it my initial feeling or answer to a question I might have. intuition is the voice inside of my head that I tend to ignore

Do you listen to your intuition?
Sometimes, but I ALWAYS second guess it. I have never been very good at trusting myself.. probably because of bad decisions made in the past. However, I do try to remind myself that had I done anything differently, I would not have met my wonderful husband and had my beautiful baby boy.

When did you notice what it was?
I am still not very aware of my intuition so I can't pin point when I knew what it was.

Do you know who or what your guides are?

No, I don't. I do tend to believe in guides, but I have no idea how to contact mine. I think it goes hand in hand with the second guessing myself. They have probably already talked to me in some form, but I blew it off.

Have you had multiple or just one?

The only thing I have seen in the way of guides would be some of the images I see in my meditations. I have never noticed a specific "thing" as my guide though.

Any other thoughts you’d like to share, including your own opinions etc…?
I know I need to learn to trust myself. That is the hardest part to overcome and I struggle with it everyday. The positive affirmations should help.. if I could only remember to do them.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search