Cherished1 - Knowing the Pagan Within

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Pagan's Learning Circle LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2010, 01:43 PM
Cherished1's Avatar On an extended babymoon
What is your interpretation of the Higher Self?
I feel it's a combination of my physical subconscious and every part of my soul (no matter where it is fragmented, be it in the soul world or another incarnation on another planet). Of all these moving parts I believe I have access to all knowledge and have a divine connection with myself at all times.

Write down what you hope to accomplish by the end of this course.
Learning how to access the divine connection mentioned in the 1st question with more clarity and with more specific questions to receive answers to, similar to what a clairvoyant would do. Both my husband and I have wonderful intuition and we both trust the information we receive however I'd really like to evolve to the next level.

I feel very happy in my life, there are always some areas to work on, for me it's physical health. I consider dh and I eat really well but that can always be improved on, I have a huge desire to get fit again, I have had great success with this in the past and the high I got from it was just amazing and the empowerment of feeling like I can do anything was fantastic. When our baby is born (yes I'm still waiting and overdue now) I can't wait to take bubs for walks in the botanical gardens and have bubs watch me do workouts in our gym etc and the BEACH! oh how the beach lifts my soul! words can't even express how much I love the beach, the water, the sun (not sooooo keen on the sand) lol but it evokes such a feeling of empowerment and freedom all on it's own. When I leave there I feel like a goddess of a woman, beautiful, strong and I desire to eat well and exercise to give me energy for life which is what I Have been missing for a while now. I really believe the physical fitness aspect of my life is the area which needs the greatest improvement.

Emotional areas of improvement would be to work on my self esteem, often I think people don't like me, I can come across as a very strong and confidant woman and I know many are intimidated by this. I have worked on softening my approach over the years however I still come across resistance from people who aren't functioning as well or don't have many resources. With those people I find they are challenged with my happiness, my wonderful relationship with my husband and my life circumstances in general. Feeling like others don't like me is heartbreaking when that emotion takes over. I remind myself that I am also choosing who I let into my life and to be honest it is only a few people, I find I don't desire to use my energy to help others work on problems that they don't really want help with. Then I feel harsh because I make up that I lack compassion then on the next thought I realise that I don't have to help those who do not want to grow. So I treat everyone with respect and hope that by standing in my own light they can see they have different choices.

Anyway if I think of any other pressing issue that I would like to work on I will come back and add it but I think these are the things which continue to show up in my life that I'd like to change.

Our Amazing Water Birth Story
September 12th, 2010, 08:04 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cherished1 View Post
What is your interpretation of the Higher Self?
I feel it's a combination of my physical subconscious and every part of my soul (no matter where it is fragmented, be it in the soul world or another incarnation on another planet). Of all these moving parts I believe I have access to all knowledge and have a divine connection with myself at all times.

Write down what you hope to accomplish by the end of this course.
Learning how to access the divine connection mentioned in the 1st question with more clarity and with more specific questions to receive answers to, similar to what a clairvoyant would do. Both my husband and I have wonderful intuition and we both trust the information we receive however I'd really like to evolve to the next level.

I feel very happy in my life, there are always some areas to work on, for me it's physical health. I consider dh and I eat really well but that can always be improved on, I have a huge desire to get fit again, I have had great success with this in the past and the high I got from it was just amazing and the empowerment of feeling like I can do anything was fantastic. When our baby is born (yes I'm still waiting and overdue now) I can't wait to take bubs for walks in the botanical gardens and have bubs watch me do workouts in our gym etc and the BEACH! oh how the beach lifts my soul! words can't even express how much I love the beach, the water, the sun (not sooooo keen on the sand) lol but it evokes such a feeling of empowerment and freedom all on it's own. When I leave there I feel like a goddess of a woman, beautiful, strong and I desire to eat well and exercise to give me energy for life which is what I Have been missing for a while now. I really believe the physical fitness aspect of my life is the area which needs the greatest improvement.

Emotional areas of improvement would be to work on my self esteem, often I think people don't like me, I can come across as a very strong and confidant woman and I know many are intimidated by this. I have worked on softening my approach over the years however I still come across resistance from people who aren't functioning as well or don't have many resources. With those people I find they are challenged with my happiness, my wonderful relationship with my husband and my life circumstances in general. Feeling like others don't like me is heartbreaking when that emotion takes over. I remind myself that I am also choosing who I let into my life and to be honest it is only a few people, I find I don't desire to use my energy to help others work on problems that they don't really want help with. Then I feel harsh because I make up that I lack compassion then on the next thought I realise that I don't have to help those who do not want to grow. So I treat everyone with respect and hope that by standing in my own light they can see they have different choices.

Anyway if I think of any other pressing issue that I would like to work on I will come back and add it but I think these are the things which continue to show up in my life that I'd like to change.
Amazing post.

To the bold: 1000000% agree - I've yet to find someone express my need to get to the ocean and somewhere tropical. Josh does not understand how it's spiritual for me but I NEED it.

To the emotional areas: I would not stress yourself out over not pushing yourself to help people in need who do not want it. The best you can do is love them for who they are and when the time comes for them, they'll get the help they need (or won't, depending on their life path). You cannot bare the burden of all those in trouble. After many years of emotional turmoil and shutting off my empathic abilities (of which I now have back) I finally realized this. Others insecurities are because they're heart-sick. Even if it may not seem like someone likes you for the reasons you're stating, they are jealous and look to you for inspiration, so always love.... they'll break their own barrier and see the truth in their own time

Co-Host July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Awaiting our Team Green baby at home July 2014. . .

September 13th, 2010, 12:46 PM
Hi Stiana and thanks for your reply The power of the ocean is hard to describe isn't it, it's such an internal thing... I'm not sure I get the same feeling from anything else, I think the closest thing is perhaps the feeling of freedom when you get in your car for a road trip and have no idea where you are going!

I think I have gained a fair bit of empathy back, my dh has given me lots of reframes to work with which really fit my model of the world. The main one being that everyone is experiencing exactly what they want to experience. Hence why I can be be an example of what they can choose to manifest if they have experienced enough the stuff they are complaining about. In the mean time if anyone asks me how I got to live such a great life I simply tell them "I choose to"

September 13th, 2010, 02:59 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
That's very powerful

Co-Host July 2014 DDC
..........Jackie..........

Awaiting our Team Green baby at home July 2014. . .

September 17th, 2010, 12:30 AM
1.) Have you tried meditation in the past or are you currently meditating?
The 1st time I tried to meditate I was amazed at the experience. I did the deep breathing and concentrated on my 3rd eye. I soon found myself spinning (travelling) and the sensation I would liken to being really drunk and the head spin you get when you lye down. I really dislike that feeling so I do find that part of it uncomfortable. Next thing you know I am on a cliff with my guide and I am so excited that 'something' is actually happening I don't listen to a thing the man is telling me LOL I was looking around at the scenery etc. Before I knew it I was back after a split second thinking that I'd had enough.

2.) What do you like/dislike about meditating?
I think I answered that one already

What are your strengths and weaknesses in being able to accomplish finding time to meditate?
I have plenty of time to meditate in the traditional sense however I choose not to. I focus more on evolving to being in a constant state of connection with my higherself/subconcious and if I listen to that information as it comes up I don't feel I will need to dedicate a set period of time to 'connect'

4.) What kind of meditating are you wanting to try, like guided meditations you find online or the meditation spot in your mind or the candle or anything else..?

I think I answered that one already too

September 27th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I agree that physical health can have a great impact on your spirituality...I think it's all to do with vibration. Our physical body vibrates just as our soul does, to a certain frequency: it's logical to expect that if you fine-tune it it will vibrate at a higher rate of frequency allowing us to access, or connect with, other dimensions.

November 6th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Lesson 3

I've been a little behind with the birth of my beautiful baby, happy to be back now This is a FANTASTIC lesson Stiana. I have always been one to go through my things and get rid of anything I haven't used for ages. There have been many things which I've actually wanted later on (like my squash racket, gosh I LOVED that racket, what on Earth possessed me to give it away)? lol I have thought about it a lot over the years and realise that be having little possessions I felt a freedom, not weighed down, an ability to have my 'mind' clear, I choose not to clutter my home with unneeded thing and dislike my cupboards full of extra 'stuff' just sitting there doing nothing. So for this Lesson 3 I think I am constantly living like this already. When I was pregnant I also went through everything again, not only all the draws and cupboards but I cleaned the house from top to bottom during my nesting so I could start my journey as a mum with a clear mind and a clear space to bring in all the new vibrations and energy of our new family I think that is the key to having things in order and when you clear out he old in any context you can make room for the new.

In my personal life there is also a constant cleansing going on whether it be my work or my friends etc. I have never stayed in a job that was not honoring my higher self and the best example of this was my husband and I had just purchased a block of land which the repayments relied heavily on my highly paid job. BUT the man I worked for was abusive to other coworkers and I whenever I heard him speaking to them in a horrible way I would tell him that it's just not on. One day I was defending someone and he started yelling at me. I walked out and never went back. It felt liberating and I've done this kind of thing several times in my life. If the employment isn't fitting with me I leave, open the door for something new and the universe delivers. In the case I was just talking about I went home and decided I wanted to work in the wellness industry and somewhere in the suburb that we were going to build our house, I wanted weekends off, work part time with the same amount of money as a full time job.... 2 weeks later I had it This makes me think of Vitality: How your essence speaks to your body in the link. When you are happy in your job or business you have energy and want to contribute. When I had my own business I found I have endless energy and was on a 'high' 24 hours a day. With my new bub I am also finding energy I never knew I had, I'm sure many mums know what I'm talking about there.

With friends they are forever coming in and out of my life at my choosing, if a person is not growing or at my level I find the natural thing is to move away from them. When I met my hubby I had a huge shift in my energy and as a result moved on from my 2 best friends of 8 years. I think this part of lesson 3 is the most important part, for me anyway. You we surround ourselves with speaks volumes about where we are at and where we are heading. A great quote I read once was "Your network is your net worth" I wouldn't take that literally as I'm worth WAY more that my network but you get the picture.

I'm not sure i need an affirmation for this topic but would like to remind myself of this
"All the energy in the universe is available to me right now"
"I am constantly clearing the old and welcoming the new"

Last edited by Cherished1; November 6th, 2010 at 02:42 PM.
November 6th, 2010, 02:41 PM
Lession 4

What is grounding to you? coming back to center, refocusing of what's important and what my goal/higher purpose is, having a reality check

How often do you ground? while pregnant nearly every day, before that maybe once a month of a larger scale and daily within my realtionship with my husband

How do you ground? Sit down with hubby and chat about everything that is going on in our life, all topics, anything that we choose to chat about it can be finance, relationship, work, etc This keeps communication open so our feet are on the ground. On a daily basis for out relationship we come back to center by a hug on a special step which we have anchored to be a 're set' point so a hug with a deep breath brings us back to a neutral all while sharing the love On a personal physical level while pregnant I was doing a rainbow relaxation meditation for hypnobirthing. I listened to it daily and allowed the colour to heal anything that needed to be healed by that colours vibration. I found it wonderful and now as a quick healing/grounding que I can drench my body in the rainbow and come back to center. I think I might choose to start doing that daily when I wake up and when I go to sleep

What do you like about grounding? Ahhh I can 'exhale' it's so clearing and like a clean slate to start again.

November 6th, 2010, 02:52 PM
Lesson 5

Sensing other peoples energy and how it makes me feel

I have been told during many readings over the years that this is my gift and I believe it is too. I have a natural ability to know what is going on with people when I meet them without them having to say anything and I have a sense about what kind of energy they have, what their intentions are and where they are at in life. I find myself being aware of how I am interacting with them based on what I pick up from them.

How does it make me feel Some times very isolated because I don't feel like I radiate on the same frequency as a lot of people. I'm aware that everyone is choosing their own reality and often people are on a journey that I choose not to be apart of because it's on a lower vibration than what I am travelling on. When I meet people who I can learn from or who can help me raise my vibration I feel energised and am thankful that I have found those people. I don't think I leach their energy as I genuinely choose to better myself rather than some people whom I come across who would rather suck my energy to feel better than to look at me as an example of how to raise their vibration.

I hope that all made sense?

Last edited by Cherished1; November 6th, 2010 at 03:06 PM.
November 6th, 2010, 05:34 PM
Lesson 6

What is intuition to you?
I believe it is my conscious self listening to my higher self/subconscious. In relation to guides I believe they communicate with my higher self and sometimes what I get coming through can be from them but most of the time I believe it is me communication with myself. Of course if I ask for help I'd say that what is coming through could be a mixture of the 2.

Do you listen to your intuition? 99.9% of the time yes and whenever I don't end up thinking "I should have" lol

When did you notice what it was? hmmm good question, not sure really, it must have been years ago and I've always been pretty self sure and confident with my choices and I know that I feel good about things when I'm being true to myself which can only happen if I listen to my intuition

Do you know who or what your guides are? I'd like to communicate with them directly (consciously) more often. From what I do know form past meditation is that one is an American Indian which I may have mentioned before surprised me as I do not have an infinity with American Indians like many people do. I do not know anything else about this man or if I have any other guides that are with me all the time.

Have you had multiple or just one? I don't know but I'd say that throughout my lifetimes I've had a few different ones depending on the level of guidance I will need for that lifetime. I believe that most of the time we have the same guide in each carnation and different ones will come and go as needed.

Any other thoughts you’d like to share, including your own opinions etc…? From my understanding guides can also incarnate into our lives in very special circumstances where the soul who has incarnated will need special close guidance on the Earth. I don't feel this is the case me in this incarnation but thought it was worth sharing that view. I also believe that some part of our soul may be a guide in a higher realm for another human on this planet or any other while we are living this incarnation. This also fits in with my belief that our soul can have part of it's essence in the soul world learning with it's soul group and also have different parts of it's energy in several incarnations in different worlds and in different life forms. Having said that we can also be guides for others however once a guide has reached that level they usually do not need to incarnate into a physical form.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search