Jaelin's-Knowing the pagan within

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Pagan's Learning Circle LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2010, 08:09 AM
jaelin's Avatar Super Mommy
A.)What is your interpretation of the Higher Self?

when I was younger I somehow got the idea that a persons soul lives in the bottom of their feet. That was based on more than the bottom of a shoe being called a "sole". I think it came from spending huge amounts of time barefoot. I am still inclined to belive that if my soul chose a particular spot in my body to reside it would be my feet. I am a dancer. My feet are my connection to the earth. My roots. A soul is that primal spot that operates entirely by instict, a warm darkness inside a person that makes us who we are. Like roots, and like feet, we are connected to the earth. Maybe a soul is like an umbilical cord, connecting us to the mother goddess.

B.) Write down what you hope to accomplish by the end of this course. This can be anything, not necessarily religious related. It can be to keep up on your house more, be more creative, learn to meditate, cook, garden, write, etc etc… anything you want to change about yourself for the better!

I hope to open up more. I can get very withdrawn sometimes. My husband and I joke that we are hermits. I hope to make my interactions with others more positive. I hope to finish my application to adopt a child (and survive the homestudy). As far as religion goes I would like to start making plans for some sort of dedication ceremony. I have been pagan for a year (longer really, I just didn't realize it) and am starting to feel the need to make it "official".
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

"Every person in the world has passed through the body of a woman..."

http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?to...77625732258607
September 13th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
The oriental feel the exact same way about their feet - which is why many of them do not wear shoes in the house. Cute about shoes and soles

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 14th, 2010, 06:17 PM
Cherished1's Avatar On an extended babymoon
Loved your feet and soul comments, I was a massage therapist for many years and the difference between massaging with shoes on or off is extraordinary! The connection with the body I was massaging along with the connection with myself and the divine was so much stronger bare feet.

Our Amazing Water Birth Story
September 15th, 2010, 09:40 AM
1.) Have you tried meditation in the past or are you currently meditating?
Meditation never worked for me until I discovered moving meditations like trance dance, 5 rythyms dance, and sufiism. I do those quite a bit although I tweaked the style a bit to work for me

2.) What do you like/dislike about meditating?
I love moving meditations because when my body is occupied my brain is free to do what it needs to do. if I'm sitting still I over-think it

3.) What are your strengths and weaknesses in being able to accomplish finding time to meditate?
sometimes I get lazy, but if I NEED it, I make time

4.) What kind of meditating are you wanting to try, like guided meditations you find online or the meditation spot in your mind or the candle or anything else..?
hadn't really thought about this one... I'd LOVE to take a workshop with Gabrielle Roth or Wilbert Alix though
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

September 26th, 2010, 10:24 AM
lesson 3

this lesson has really helped me get through a week that would have otherwise been chaos. luckily just after this lesson was posted I cleaned my house and my car. A very smart way to start the busiest week of my life. It has been a full week, but also a week of cleaning up and letting go. monday I was sick. I spent the entire day drinking tea and eating oranges, dark chocolate and soup. cleaning up my world from the inside out. tuesday I cleaned up my office at work. wendsday began a marathon of dance practice, but as dance is my prefered form of meditation that was all good. thursday was a challenge for me that I won't go into here, but those affirmations sure came in handy. my sisters wedding was friday, and I had a fire dance show last night. so its been a crazy week, but having a neat enviroment, and extra confidence provided by that sense of accomplishment as well as the affirmations helped me get through it.
so. a neater life- check.

affirmations
I am a strong, confident woman.
I am intelligent and capable.
I am healthy.
I am loved.
I am beautiful just the way I am.
I will do something productive today.
I will do something creative today.
I will communicate fearlessly. (I stole this one from my sis's wedding ceremony)

I had tons and gobs of others but I came up with most of them on the way home from work on thursday and I don't remember them now...

meditation- 3 times this week!!
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

September 27th, 2010, 10:47 AM
I am productive each day of my life.
I am a creative person.
I communicate fearlessly.

Be careful to stay away from future tenses! When you use "I will" statements your mind subconsciously puts that in the future and doesn't trick your mind into acting as such in the present. It'll think, "Oh ok, well someday in the future" instead of "oh, let's do this today"

Very happy the lesson came in handy for you. Sounds like you had a very busy and exciting week!!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 27th, 2010, 11:48 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
"That was based on more than the bottom of a shoe being called a "sole"".

Having been a teacher and made the mistake of mentioning the concept of a "soul" to 8-year-olds before, that really made me smile.

I love your idea of one's spirituality dwelling in the soles of their feet. I love to go barefoot as well. Though to me it's more because spiritual energies from the earth and its plants and creatures come to us up through the ground.

October 1st, 2010, 10:08 AM
I know these answers are short and choppy, hopefully I can go back and elaborate later. at work at the moment....

lesson 4

What is grounding to you? nature, fresh air

How often do you ground? as needed. sometimes at work its needed quite often.

How do you ground? I take a break and go outside. slip my shoes off if at all possible. take some deep breaths

What do you like about grounding? the feeling in general...

Reminder
How are you coming along with meditation? eh..about the usual
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

October 3rd, 2010, 08:07 PM
Short and to the point!!

It's a very good thing you take your shoes off outside when grounding

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

October 21st, 2010, 12:22 PM
Finally have time to finish these!!

lesson 5

its going much better feeling peoples energies, and recognizing them for what they are. there have been many times I have left somewhere feeling totally exausted and have no idea why. Lately I have been much more aware of whats going on. example- recently I had to go to a training for work that was an hour drive from the office. I rode up with 2 coworkers who have very srtong but very different personalities. on top of that they do not like each other at all. when I started getting that life-sucked-out-of-me feeling I was able to take some deep breaths and step back from it. so yeah, now I think I am better at reconizing someones energy without being totally slammed by it..
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

October 21st, 2010, 12:46 PM
What is intuition to you? its that little feeling you get when you just know.

Do you listen to your intuition? I try to. mine seems to be the strongest when something very bad has happened

When did you notice what it was? I don't remember. both my parents were very intuitive. I've just always known what that "little feeling" was..

Do you know who or what your guides are? hmm..I'm not quite positive about this one...suggestions are appriciated...

ever since I was very very young I have had nightmares about snakes. all kinds of snakes. I know snakes symbolize good things, but what causes the fear?? It has created a severe phobia for me. I'm talking like the kind you see on Dr. Phil lol. I cant watch cartoons of them, or even look at pictures of them without my brain going into panic mode.

that said, I have noticed a pattern with them. Usually something quite positive follows. I saw one on the morning of my first wedding aniversary for example. and I saw one right before my first full moon ritual.

so is it possible that guides dont always give you warm fuzzy feelings, even if they are heralding good things to come? As phobic as I am about them snakes have been a very consistent sort of ...presence..?? in my life.

so....does that sound like a guide?

Have you had multiple or just one? haha, I'm still confused about if I've had one..

Any other thoughts you’d like to share, including your own opinions etc…? not besides what I wrote above

thanks for your input!!!
Mars (9 months
)

missing my 2 angels

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search