*Silverla*'s Knowing The Pagan Within

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Pagan's Learning Circle LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 13th, 2010, 08:49 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
Lesson 1 was really well-written Jackie, and I couldn't agree more!

Assignment 1
A.)What is your interpretation of the Higher Self?
Really the Higher Self, to me, is the spiritual part of me. The part of me that resides in the spiritual dimensions, the part of me with Divine connection, the part of me where intuition comes from and which connects me to Angels and Guides in dreams and meditation. The more centred I am and the more my vibration is raised the more successful I seem to be in accessing the wisdom of my Higher Self through channelling and just quick "flashes" of inspiration. Our Higher Selves to me, are part of God/Source, Universe, All-That-Is, or Creation, however you wish to label it.

B.) Write down what you hope to accomplish by the end of this course. This can be anything, not necessarily religious related. It can be to keep up on your house more, be more creative, learn to meditate, cook, garden, write, etc etc… anything you want to change about yourself for the better!
I want to learn how to slow down and even how to stop. I have so much to do at the moment it's very, very difficult. I have study to fit in, as well as sorting out Daniel and what he needs for school, and working 3 days per week. Of course there are lots of other things I want to do too, like playing my guitar, reading the reiki books I bought to supplement my reiki 1, and writing. I just never seem to find the time, and I've become very tired, low on energy, stressed, unmotivated and having physical symptoms of being unwell such as aches, fatigue and infections. I probably need some help compartmentalising and working out a schedule that will allow for all these things to happen at some point, but I also need to work out how to not beat myself up when I can't do everything in a small space of time. I need permission to stop and simply be. Shaun helps me with that but I tend to get back on the treadmill on a Monday and feel I can't stop until Friday, so any help or advice would be appreciated.

September 13th, 2010, 05:40 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Oh I so know what you mean Sharron! There are so many things I want/need to do and there simply is not enough time in the day to do it - it's stressful and makes you feel like you fail if you don't accomplish it.... which is just silly! We get stressed because we can't do 10 things at a time and do a bit here and there and never actually get to the end. If we learned to slow down, do one or two at a time we'd accomplish it much faster, feel success and be able to move on to the next goal. Something I am definitely working on as well *hugs*

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 14th, 2010, 12:12 PM
Thanks Jackie. Any advice you can throw my way about how to achieve it will be received gratefully. I know you're far better at that side of things than I am!

September 20th, 2010, 06:40 AM
Assignment 2

1.) Have you tried meditation in the past or are you currently meditating?
I have done it in the past. I wish I was doing it currently and I probably need to, but I haven't been finding the time. I'm going to make an effort to do some meditation following the simple techniques posted in the lesson, and will feed back on the experience here.

2.) What do you like/dislike about meditating?
I like how it feels to actually achieve the meditative state, but more than that, I like the way inspirations, intuition and answers seem to flow more easily when I'm meditating regularly. What I dislike is the pressure of having to do it when I have a hundred and one things to do. It's very difficult to find time to actually be quiet and still when there's a child on the loose. I get tired and I forget.

3.) What are your strengths and weaknesses in being able to accomplish finding time to meditate?
Strengths, I'm very good at scheduling time for things, but weaknesses, I'm also very good at taking on too much for my schedule. I have study to do at the moment so it's difficult to fit other "fun" things in around it, but I still try, and probably shouldn't.

4.) What kind of meditating are you wanting to try, like guided meditations you find online or the meditation spot in your mind or the candle or anything else..?
I prefer guided meditations, they have to be on CD really so that I can do them in the privacy of my bedroom. But I'm going to try the meditation spot Jackie suggested and will feed back on that here. Perhaps the simplicity of being able to meditate WITHOUT any paraphernalia like a CD player, incense etc will encourage me to do it more, any odd spare moment, you know?

September 20th, 2010, 06:46 AM
Assignment 3
~Call it synchronicity – I made this lesson last night and this morning I find this article Please read the link.
Jackie! Can you post this on GS, or can I?
Wow, what an article. This part: "
What you get from an energy hook (such as the thrill of doing something well that isn’t really consistent with your integrity) is more unstable in nature — that is, it feels more like an unsettled, “high-pitched” kind of energy. It’s short-lived." absolutely shouts out to me. It explains a few things about my career/past career and why certain activities have tired me out so much at times. There's a message for me in there, which I need to ponder on some more. I think I've gone through most of my life seeing "energy hooks" like this as something more, and I need to start re-evaluating. Really resonated with the part about connection as well, though I am indeed one of those lucky people who finds "connection" fairly easy to maintain and have had my share, still having my share, of amazing experiences which allow me access to that connection with the universe.
I might actually have to read Jonathan Ellerby's book, that the article came from. Thanks!

~Clear away unnecessary items in your house, car, office, computer, yard and everything around you that you do not need and is blocking you energetically.
Here's a bit of synchronicity. Not two weeks ago, I already did this. Cleared, tidied and re-organised my bedroom and computer desk, including all my study materials and music materials. Even made space in one of my wardrobes for my new study stuff when it comes for my February course. Mum, Shaun and I have all had big clear-outs recently and Mum and I did a car boot sale in the summer to get rid of some of the clutter. So yay, something I have already done. I didn't want to do any of this assignment until I'd done a bit of meditation work from assignment 2, but I thought I'd post it since I'd already effectively done some of it!!

It does work, too: yesterday, I actually got out my guitar and keyboard and twiddled about a bit with learning some songs I'm suggesting for choir (I couldn't use my voice, it's too sore, I'm sick). I would never have done that if my guitars had still been stored in random corners all over the house, tuner inaccessible, and keyboard stored under my old bed. It would have taken me half an hour to get everything out. Instead, it took two minutes.

~You know the negative thoughts you think of yourself, write them down (in your thread or privately) and turn them into positive affirmations (to be posted in your thread).
Bad example:
I am not lazy – as your mind will focus on the negative word “not” and “lazy”. Subconsciously your energy will attract negativity and laziness.
Good example:
I have lots of energy and I complete tasks in a timely manner – now you’re thinking positively
If I see you have posted something that can be rearranged into a more positive context I will let you know in your thread.

Going to do this when I have done the meditation task.

Last edited by Carwen*Angel; September 20th, 2010 at 07:03 AM.
September 22nd, 2010, 06:48 AM
That's awesome Sharron

Of course you can post it! Hopefully you have already since I've been MIA for 2 days!! lol

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 22nd, 2010, 10:02 AM
lol nope, but I'll save it for tomorrow now, I already posted loads of stuff on GS today.

September 27th, 2010, 11:38 AM
Assignment - Lesson 4

What is grounding to you?

Walking barefoot on earth, sand or grass or going barefoot in the house and feeling carpet fibres or wood beneath. Holding grounding crystals such as smokey quartz or hematite, although those really do bring you down with a "whoomph" if you're not used to them. Drinking red wine or beer or eating chocolate or a filling meal. Drinking water and rubbing my feet or ankles also helps.

Interestingly, I don't find making music, singing OR playing guitar (despite using my hands in that process) grounding at all, as mentioned in the lesson. I actually feel like I'm communing with another dimension when I make music, I feel my consciousness altered and sometimes feel kind of more in my astral body than my physical although I am obviously present in the room. Playing guitar puts me in a meditative state, not a grounded state - I have to ground AFTER making music or I can't settle or sleep!

How often do you ground?

Every day.

How do you ground?

See above. Also, and this is gonna be a bit TMI, but sex/masturbation can be very grounding ALTHOUGH it can also be a spiritual experience which takes you to another level with your partner for a fixed space of time, but afterwards, I still feel grounded and very much in tune with my physical body.

What do you like about grounding?

It's very important to marry up spiritual power with the power of the earth, and to have ALL your chakras working from the root through the crown and even the lesser known chakras. Without grounding and earthing, you're missing the most important part of the equation of manifesting your dreams and spiritual experience into physical reality. If you ground regularly, I believe you have more spiritual power and a clearer viewpoint, and possibly can be more in tune with your intuition as a result.

Reminder
How are you coming along with meditation?

I haven't had time to put it into practice yet. I'm sorry Jackie!

September 27th, 2010, 12:03 PM
I have found the same thing happen to me when I sing or listen to certain music. Doesn't that feel so cool?!

Oh sex, yea that's a good one for grounding!!

Don't apologize about the meditation thing, I'm not "grading" anyone This is all for your personal enjoyment and development!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 28th, 2010, 12:51 PM
I actually tried meditating in the bath tonight. I managed to visualise a castle on a hill, in its full medieval glory, light red/sandstone, covered in ivy and surrounded by a garden of beautiful flowers, and I was sat in the grass, reading a book. I saw a shaft of yellowish light with particles like small stars or faeries even highlighted within it, and "down" the shaft appeared my guardian angel, Jemo'han, bringing me a harp. Behind him I could see like an opening with lots of people in historical dress, and I asked him who they were, and he said some are your guides, some are important historical figures. Never got to find out the significance of that, because, as will happen when you're a mum, Daniel burst into the bathroom at that point because he had done a poo.

I tried to get back into it after he had gone and pictured the place again and this time I was playing Jemo'han's harp - perhaps there is a subtle message there for me about music...Anyway the light shaft and the historical-clothed people had gone and so had my angel, I couldn't get back into it, and gave up for the time being.

Assignment 3 cont'd

~You know the negative thoughts you think of yourself, write them down (in your thread or privately) and turn them into positive affirmations (to be posted in your thread).
Bad example:
I am not lazy – as your mind will focus on the negative word “not” and “lazy”. Subconsciously your energy will attract negativity and laziness.
Good example:
I have lots of energy and I complete tasks in a timely manner – now you’re thinking positively
If I see you have posted something that can be rearranged into a more positive context I will let you know in your thread.

Negative thoughts I think about myself:

I am ugly/plain/unattractive.
I flit around from one thing to another and never get anything finished.
Everything seems to be hard for me to achieve.
I get hurt a lot, especially in love.
My health is often poor.

Turning them into positive affirmations:

I am beautiful.
I am capable and productive.
I inspire others spiritually and creatively.
I am fulfilled in my work.
I know my life's purpose.
Nothing is impossible. Impossible is nothing.
I feel love. I live love. I am love.
I am strong and healthy.

September 28th, 2010, 12:59 PM
I really like those affirmations! I think I will use them in my personal affirmations on my computer

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 30th, 2010, 07:57 AM
I think I need to design myself a new desktop image with those affirmations and also some fiats to the archangels and archaei which I like (from the Angelology website) woven in there somewhere. I might then transport it into my siggy if possible. However it's a long time since I used an image editor and I seem to remember the last desktop I made took me forever and a day. Perhaps I need to do it the other way round, get somebody to make it into a siggy and then implant it into my desktop!!

Assignment 5

"Write down (in your own personal journal at home or whatever, you don’t post these unless you want to) how you feel when you talk to each individual person you come across during the day. Or even online, each person has their own energy, so write down how you feel when you’re reading their posts and what not.

Write down your reflections of this lesson and how it's going w/ feeling energy."

I don't really have time to do this as an in-depth study at this time. However, I have become very aware of this anyway over the years, so I also don't feel I need to do this as a step-by-step exercise. I learned the hard way of course, with certain people including my ex and certain friends really bringing my energy down or putting me in a dark, impatient, depressed or frustrated mood when previously I had been fine. I have slowly but steadily either cut those people out, or minimised contact with them, or carried/held crystals at times when I know I will be in contact with them, and ALWAYS have an amethyst cluster in my handbag and on my computer desk (because as you rightfully point out, Jackie, online interactions can SO do this as well, especially, if I may add to that a little, if you're going to interact with them in real time via IM, Facebook or Skype for example) "just in case".

I also do my own psychic protection rituals. For one thing, I'm forever wearing my Circle of Raphael pendant, which combines the protective energy of the 7 main archangels, including Archangel Michael. The only time I DON'T use it is when I'm with Shaun, actually, which says something about how safe and secure I feel around him - other jewellery then comes out to play! For another thing, if I feel I will be in a particularly vulnerable situation as to psychic energies (for example, right now, while I'm on jury service) I will use Archangel Michael spray and invoke him to walk with me at the outset of the day. If I haven't done that and THEN feel I need him, I will use the fiat "Archangel Michael, help me, help me, help me" 3 times to call him to my side when needed. I also, if feeling vulnerable or threatened or like I need some space in a crowd or in a social situation, I will visualise and actually feel my own "angelic wings" pushing out my aura to bounce people's energy back, or visualise that I am wielding my spiritual sword. I also use black obsidian, hematite, moldavite or pyrite to either protect my aura if I can pre-empt energy vampirism, or black obsidian or hematite to draw it out after the fact. I am absolutely ON energy vampirism.

Lesson 5 is absolutely superb, Jackie, and a really important topic to explore. I hope anyone reading this will find some of my info helpful too, as a supplement.

September 30th, 2010, 12:52 PM
Excellent post Sharron! The angelic wings really inspired me, I will be trying that from now on!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search