Megan's - Knowing the Pagan within

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Pagan's Learning Circle LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 14th, 2010, 10:58 AM
roving_gypsy's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
A.)What is your interpretation of the Higher Self?
I think your higher self is the part of you that gives you that twinge or gut feeling when something just ins't right or when it's trying to tell you something. I think it's the part of you that you meet when you enter a deep state of meditation. It's sitting there on the sidelines helping guide the physical you, sometimes yelling at you, sometimes incouraging you, sometimes sitting silent when you just have to figure it out for your self.

B.) Write down what you hope to accomplish by the end of this course. This can be anything, not necessarily religious related. It can be to keep up on your house more, be more creative, learn to meditate, cook, garden, write, etc etc… anything you want to change about yourself for the better!
I would like to be able to seemlessly incorporate paganism in every part of my daily life. I'd like to have the confidence that I could come up with a spell on my own (like when creating a protection item in the house) or create a chant that will help me with a situation or could help my herb garden grow, etc. Instead of having to always refer to books, it would be nice to do most of it on my own with out any outside input.

Ask me about dōTERRA Certified Pure Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils!

Or click on the picture above to visit my Facebook page!

September 15th, 2010, 08:53 AM
1.) Have you tried meditation in the past or are you currently meditating?
Yes, I've meditated in the past. I did a three/four day Qi Gong convention, where we did a ton of meditation with a ton of Qi Gong. I am not currently meditating

2.) What do you like/dislike about meditating?
I like the quietness, but I also really like meditating in a group so I can feel the energy of the others around me. I dislike meditation on my own (which is very strange for me, because I really don't like doing things in groups).

3.) What are your strengths and weaknesses in being able to accomplish finding time to meditate?
Whith three kids, homeschooling, working from home, etc. finding the time to accomplish anything, let alone meditation is hard. lol So myself and meditation are pretty low on the list.

4.) What kind of meditating are you wanting to try, like guided meditations you find online or the meditation spot in your mind or the candle or anything else..?
I like group guided meditation, I don't like meditation from an electronic guided source (I think the electronic energy doesn't mesh well with spiritual energy) and I am not sucessful meditation on my own or with a candle or what not.

September 15th, 2010, 08:59 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Qi Gong? What is that, sounds very interesting!

That is strange you don't like meditating by yourself, I've never heard that before!

Is there something you do to connect w/ the Divine in your own way?

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 15th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Well Qi is the oriental term for energy (Qi > Chi) and Qi Gong is the movement of energy with in your body, in Chinese medicine you have meridians in your body in which energy moves, and it is beleived that not only does the energy flow through your body but you can manipulate it through slow movement and actually handle it. (during the convention we mangaed to pop a few balloons about 20 feet above us because of the group building so much energy outside of the body.)
Anyways Qi Gong is a ancient martial art , think Thia Chi/Qi but about 10 times slower. It's physical and mental training, there were times that we held our energy above us with our arms extended up for 20 -30 minutes, by far the hardest physical thing I've done (and that says alot because I'm pretty active and physically strong for a normal chick my age).
The convention I went to was 8-10 hours a day of total emersion in Qi Gong, I skipped the very last energy building group meditation that was 2 hours long and everyone held hands. I saw people pass out from it. I didn't feel like I was prepared enough for that much energy.

As for group meditation, in India (and china, japan, most eastern cultures that I know of) it's very common for groups of people to meditate together for hours on end. Yoga is a huge example here in the states, although most people only know yoga for it's stretching if you find a good yogi you will enter meditation after the stretching for a period of time (out of the yoga instructors I've gone to class with, only one did this. You could tell she was good at what she did because the energy was built in the class even before the meditation started. Most classes you'll find it's all about the movement and that isn't what the point of yoga is.. A good book to read (that I just recently finished is Eat, Pray, Love , its coming out or is out as a movie now) it gives you an idea of what it's like to do group meditation and how the energy is built up; i think she explains it well, It's a little hard to explain.

I connect with the devine by just talking to them or just connecting with the earth. And if not, then it's just a prayer at night. I'm not really dependent on a daily connection, I know they are there when I need them no matter how long between the periods that I connect with them. I don't need that constant connection (kind of like my friendships, my really good/best friends I only talk to once or twice a month.) and my god and goddess understand that is how I work. I don't think they mind the odd conversation I or my higherself stikes up with them out of no where.

September 15th, 2010, 05:10 PM
...jm ate my post

Anyway, that sounds awesome! Did you have to pay for it? I would love to do something like that!

Everyone connects w/ the divine in their own way for sure. I can go weeks without talking to Hekate and then I will or sometimes she'll just come and smack me upside the head if I do something stupid

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 19th, 2010, 08:42 PM
Yes, I did have to pay for it because I was doing it as CEUs for my massage therapy license.

September 19th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Positive Affirmations

I live in a loving, abundant, harmonious universe and I am greatful.

I am safe and fulfilled in all that I do.

I draw love into my life and I accept that I deserve it.

I understand the purpose of this lesson, and I can do it on my own however I'm not that great in writing or coming up with positive affirmations on my own. Especially if suggestions will be made on how to make it more positive (don't mean to offend with this) that just gives me writers block when I feel like it's going to be graded (I know that isn't what is meant by suggestions to rearrange it). So instead I found the affirmations that fit me online, here: Affirmation Cards - Free Positive Affirmations

September 22nd, 2010, 06:44 AM
No biggie, those are some awesome affirmations! I'm going to look at that list too!!!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 22nd, 2010, 10:28 AM
Mystixism's Avatar Mistress of the Universe
That website is great! I am going to start going there when I am feeling down and pull me a happy card!

September 27th, 2010, 01:42 PM
What is grounding to you? I first heard about grounding and learned how to do it when I was in Massage Therapy school. It was interesting to think about, and many people blew it off but the proof was in the pudding. When you are working so close with other people and you in constant contact with them you must be grounded in order to physically do your job. I've seen massage therapist pass out because they weren't grounded properly, all the negative energy in the other person (it gets trapped in tense muscles or their attitude in general) flows right into you and if you aren't grounded it has no where to go and it can effect you like nothing else I've seen. We used to work in very cool rooms (below 70degrees) and there had been times where I would be sweating as if I had just gotten back from running 5 miles and that was because I wasn't grounded properly.
To me grounding is the ability to let energy flow through you as if you were fuse, when you are grounded the energy can flow into you and out of you with out you having to physically remove the energy by force or through spiritual work.

There are some people who do not ground because they thrive off the energy that builds up, these people usually have pretty high stress levels and can blow a fuse (unintended pun, but still a giggle with it) easily. Usually these people are unstable and some consider these people energy vampires because they drain others around them of their energy.

How often do you ground? I like to think I'm constantly grounded, but sometimes I do have to actually concentrate on doing it, but it's not often.

How do you ground? I visualize being connected to the earth, if I'm standing then my feet have a connection like roots to the ground, if I'm sitting or laying down it very similar (think Avatar, the movie, when they are connected to the life tree). The energy flows into me from all sources and flows out of me through my connection to the earth. There is also a bit of energy that flows in through my connections to the earth.

What do you like about grounding? I like knowing there is a release vavle on all the energy that I come in contact with.

September 27th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Oh wow, thanks for explaining that about massaging, that's a great explanation!!!

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search