Ginny - Knowing the Pagan Within

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Pagan's Learning Circle LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 27th, 2010, 08:31 PM
*~Ginny~*'s Avatar RN - Student CNM :)
Send a message via AIM to *~Ginny~*
Assignment 1
A.)What is your interpretation of the Higher Self?

I feel that the 'higher self' is a part of your consciousness that is more in tune with the natural energies encompassing our existence. These are the same energies present in not only people, but plants, animals, trees, rocks...etcetera. The higher self is on a different level, and it usually requires much effort (meditation, etc) in order to be able to work with it consciously. For example, I feel that when I was a child I was much more easily able to connect with the energies present in nature, whether through the wind rustling through the trees, the sun on my face or the grass underneath. Through mindful meditation, I hope that I will be able to return to that state.

B.) Write down what you hope to accomplish by the end of this course. This can be anything, not necessarily religious related. It can be to keep up on your house more, be more creative, learn to meditate, cook, garden, write, etc etc… anything you want to change about yourself for the better!

I want to grow spiritually

January 2nd, 2011, 12:15 PM
*~Ginny~*'s Avatar RN - Student CNM :)
Send a message via AIM to *~Ginny~*
1.) Have you tried meditation in the past or are you currently meditating?

I have tried meditation a few times in the past, and have started meditating again fairly recently. In the past, I have tried candle meditation, chanting and simply sitting quietly in the lotus position for several minutes. Lately, I have had a strong desire to meditate under the moon, and have done so either with just myself, or listening to a guided meditation or shamanic drum music. So far, I believe that my favorite forms are under the Moon/Stars and candle meditation.

2.) What do you like/dislike about meditating?

I love the opportunity to connect to the Earth's energies and just to let my mind relax. I am a very busy person, and thus it is difficult for me to find time that is just for *me*. Meditating, even if only for a few minutes, is just so relaxing and really replenishes my soul.

If I had to pick something that I dislike, it's really not about meditation but with myself. Since I am so busy, my mind seems to be constantly thinking of several things at once, and it can be very difficult for me to shut it off and just relax. When meditating, it can take me several attempts to actually relax my mind enough to not be jumping from thought to thought. During a recent Moon meditation, I almost stopped meditating 3 or 4 times because I suddnely got the urge to go research this, or check that out, etc. Meditation is great because it has provided me insight, but at the same time I need to work on my patience so that I don't jump up and leave in the middle of it!

3.) What are your strengths and weaknesses in being able to accomplish finding time to meditate?

Unfortunately, I feel like I don't have much time to meditate. If I really sit down and plan it out, I do think I could meditate more, and that is actually one of my goals. Since my favorite meditation is either under the moon or with a candle, it really isn't too much of an issue to wait until nightfall. Lately I have meditated after Allie has gone to sleep, so anytime after 7pm. That seems to be working so far, although I would like the opportunity to try a few morning meditations as well to see how they might be different.

4.) What kind of meditating are you wanting to try, like guided meditations you find online or the meditation spot in your mind or the candle or anything else..?
I am open! I don't really feel the urge to join a group for meditation, as I greatly prefer to be alone.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search