Mama2Loves' Witchcraft 101

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Pagan's Learning Circle LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 11th, 2011, 10:31 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Lesson 1
1. Make a list of your "good" and "bad"points/habits/aspects. BE HONEST, as it's yourself you are cheating by fudging. So take your time and do major soul searching!

Loving
Compassionate
Passionate
Intelligent
Independent
Thirst for knowledge
Natural family, we strive to be as much as possible and I love that
Can be organized.
Motherly.

Procrastinate
Selfish at times
Can be judgemental.
Lazy
Easily offended when it comes to certain topics.
Addiction! I can go from one thing like chocolate to being addicted to a game to switching it to something else. I always have to be "addicted" to something.
Don't follow 100% through what I want. I still have a ton of books I haven't read and there's no excuse.
Too much time on the internet.

2. For every "good" quality, tell me how it can be, or perhaps has been, a source of trouble in your life. For every "bad" quality, tell me how it can be, or has been, of benefit in your life.

Loving - smothering
Compassionate - walked on
Passionate - get addicted to what I'm passionate about
Intelligent - judmental
Independent - Can think I "know it all"
Thirst for knowledge - Spend too much time online researching.
Natural family, we strive to be as much as possible and I love that - I really don't have a downside to this one...
Can be organized. - Make too many lists and confuse myself.
Motherly - can't see a downside to this one.

Procrastinate Uh.. I get more time to do what I want?
Selfish at times - DON'T let ppl walk on me.
Can be judgemental. We're all judmental, and sometimes it's needed to be brought to the forefront to show others they need to change.
Lazy - No upside to this one... lol
Easily offended when it comes to certain topics. - Now I know to steer clear of topics/situations where this comes up. Self control!
Addiction! I can go from one thing like chocolate to being addicted to a game to switching it to something else. I always have to be "addicted" to something. Just gotta be addicted to the right things, right now that's making raw food recipes!
Don't follow 100% through what I want. I still have a ton of books I haven't read and there's no excuse. I know a little about a lot but not a lot about a little.
Too much time on the internet. I've learned SO much!

3. Are you happy with your life? Why or why not? What do you need to be happy? (250 words)
Yes and no. I love my family to death, but we haven't been able to practice our lifestyle and ideal in this current age and lifestyle. It's depressing... DH and I see things differently than others. People are rude, ignorant, selfish, they don't pay attention to anyone but themselves, don't realize how what they do affects others and they just assume they can do/say whatever they want to us. We've pondered this for years and always ask ourselves "is it us?" and we really start to think it is us, and then something happens...

No, not us... this world is just nuts. We keep to ourselves for a reason.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

January 12th, 2011, 08:38 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
Lesson 2

1.What do you like about yourself? Why?
I try my hardest to do what's right. I feel in "normal/natural" regards that I'm smart enough and can stand strong in my convictions even if others don't understand.

2.What do you dislike about yourself? Why?
I need to take more care of myself. Which I am doing, we've gone back (slowly) to being vegetarian and vegan and I started my Yoga yesterday again.

3.What does the Rede mean to you?
The Rede doesn't mean anything to me, I'm not Wiccan. I have my own moral principles I abide by.

4.Using the definitions provided, are you ethical? are you moral? Why do you think so?

Yes, I follow the laws of nature as best as possible. If nature intended something, that's how it's supposed to be (for me, for my family, it's what makes us happy and what we feel is right). I follow this philosophy in childbirth, breastfeeding, no circumcision etc...

5.Scott Cunningham says "Harm none. This, the oldest law, is not open to interpretation or change." Do you agree,disagree? Why or why not? In what way is this statement an impossibility?
I don't follow this, but I don't go about my day trying to harm people either. I do not intentionally say or do things that hurt others. I had a hard time w/ this growing up, even if I unintentionally hurt someone it broke my heart (not knowing I was an empath I could feel their feelings everytime ANYONE had hurt feelings). I've learned to be careful about what I say or do now!

It's impossible because there are bacteria and organisms we see everyday. If you strictly follow the "harm none" rule, you can't swat flys or smash a bug or kill a spider or get rid of rats in sewers or eat meat or fish etc etc etc... There are many interpretations of this, but... it's not for me, I don't follow it. I leave it up to each individual's interpretation. After all, it's their religion if you're using this saying as something of your personal path, however if you're Wiccan there are "stricter" rules to abide by because that's more of a controlled religion than just an eclectic mix and match path.

6.Are there any of Scott Cunningham's Laws that you disagree with? Why? Are there any you don't understand?
The blood & money.

Wow, I sound evil

No, blood is something that is very powerful that can be used in rituals. You can't get your "energy scent" much stronger than blood. Many women use menses blood, especially for their garden, they will walk through their garden and allow the menses to touch the garden. Some individuals will prick their finger (no, NOT because of Charmed ) and use a drop of their blood to enhance the energy of a spell or ritual.

With the money, there are people who work with police departments to help find people. This is no different than a detective being paid to find a kidnapped child. Individuals also receive monetary compensation for readings. This can be a way of life, not only is it beneficial to the reader to strengthen their connection with the Divine, but it's their income and it's benefiting the receiver as well to gain insight.

Charging ridiculous prices - not good. Being a fake - not good. But, you find this in any profession

7.What is your favorite law? Is this because Scott Cunningham was a good writer, or because of the sentiment?

I don't follow any written laws. Karma I guess is the best one, but not the Three Fold Law, just regular "energy comes back".

8.Do the Rede, the Golden Rule and the Laws fit your morals/ethics? Shape your morals/ethics?
I'm sure my morals and ethics can be reflected in a lot of what any religious laws say, but I don't abide by anything written to shape my morals and ethics. I know what's right and wrong already
9.Is the Charge of the Goddess also an ethical/moral guideline? Why or why not?

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search