a STONES post

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To The Pagan's Learning Circle LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 26th, 2011, 08:34 AM
Bella Nyxe's Avatar Serenity in Moonlight
I thought we could have a place to learn and talk about stones. all kinds. im on the hunt to know whatmy stone is so ill post a few cool sites and hope some one (and more) will discuss this with me im so new at this and want to learn as mucha s i can.

right now I only have a crystal, BUT... I found this site about cleansing your stones:
Cleansing Your Stones

have you cleansed your stones?
what kind do you have?
how did you do it?
how often do you do it?

POOP! i think i put this in the wrong place? should have i put this in the shadows forum? ugh. of course Jackie is leaving for a few weeks and i mess up NOOOOOOOOO dont gooooooo

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

September 26th, 2011, 08:45 AM
I found a quiz! may not be truth but it would be fun

never mind, it sucked!

found a new one:

Which Mystic Gem Stone Relates To You? | Quizfarm.com

my results:
You Scored as Emerald
Positive yet caring, sensitive and simply divine, emerald-types have the qualities of a perfect friend. They value loyalty and inner contentment, and have time to stand by and listen when someone has a hardship to face. They also seem to have a good memory aswell, as it is something the gems themselves promote

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

Last edited by Bella Nyxe; September 26th, 2011 at 08:56 AM.
September 26th, 2011, 12:20 PM
Mitra Shonu's Avatar ~Seeking the Way~
My results:

You Scored as Athemyst
Like the healing and symbolic properties of the amethyst you have a strong and clear mind. Blessed with an inner calm and peace you are not one to break and fall mentally. Being such a clear minded person, assuming you are one ;-), you may possibly have some strong psychic links.

A very special THANK YOU to Bokkechick for my gorgeous new siggy!

September 26th, 2011, 12:31 PM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
LOL Bella (still here today so far! lol), don't worry, this is fine here

You Scored as Ruby
Ruby, resembling love, wealth, wisdom and purity. Ruby-types tend to think with their heart and not their heads, sometimes resulting in wild desicions, but constantly following love and romance. Ruby-types also tend to have a fair judgement and sweet and good feelings for many things.

It is my birthstone

Also, I have crystals and it's always a good idea to research how to cleanse and charge each crystal, as some can be damaged by the sun, or water, or salt.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

September 29th, 2011, 05:15 AM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
I got amethyst. I do like amethyst, I have tons of it, but I prefer clear quartz, selenite, fluorite, lepidolite, rose quartz, apophyllite, and celestite.

Don't ask me to choose a favourite!!

I have many many crystals including hematite, angelite, spectrolite, citrine, fuschite, different calcites my favourite is cobalto calcite, quantum quattro, infinite stone, moldavite, kunzite, sugilite, amazonite, ruby, garnet, emerald, pyrite, chrysocolla, larimar, different chrysoprases, blue chalcedony, dioptase, strawberry quartz, smoky quartz, shaman stones, lingam stone, cinnabar quartz, siberian blue quartz, pink lazurine, malachite, aventurine, unakite, azurite, spirit quartz, fire opal, herkimer diamonds, red jasper, snow quartz, atlantisite, stilbite, peacock ore, merlinite, different tourmalines, abalone shell, aquamarine, lapis lazuli, clear opal, and oh loads more I just can't remember off top of my head!! I've been collecting them for years. I have a mix of tumblestones, eggs, angels, diffusers (central shape plus points for healing/magick), natural points, natural rocks, and natural formations, plus jewellery and pendulums. Some of them are even laboratory-made. I have clear quartz points EVERYWHERE.

My favourite crystal is my huge shaft of selenite which I have in my room in the hope of it assisting lucid/psychic dreams.

In terms of cleansing them, it's the crystals ending in -ite that you can't cleanse with water as it does get into the cracks and crevices and undermines the integrity of the crystal. That includes not cleansing with angel sprays or gem elixirs.

For those crystals you can also cleanse with: fire (place in middle of a grid of four t-lites); incense/smudge (hold in wafting smoke); sound (using a Mayan bell, Indian bell, ting-sha, rattle or drum). However as this doesn't PHYSICALLY clean the crystal but only ENERGETICALLY cleanses it, you do need to also wipe the crystal to remove any dust.

You should also dedicate your stones, simply by holding them to your heart and saying "I now dedicate this crystal to the highest good and fill it with my love, light and compassion".

Stones you find along the way are just as valid to work with as crystals, for example pebbles on the beach, and even shells. Cleanse and dedicate them in the same way. The only disadvantage is that where you can look up crystals online to find out their properties, random stones you have to work this out intuitively, perhaps by meditating with them.

To attune to a crystal and begin to assimilate its properties:
Hold crystal in receiving hand for 5-15 mins, sitting with eyes closed in quiet contemplation.

To meditate with a crystal for messages/insights:
Hold crystal in receiving hand for 20-35 mins, sitting with eyes closed in quiet contemplation. It can be helpful to place two clear quartz points pointing at your feet and one pointing at your head, and visualise putting roots down into the earth before meditating. Have a glass of water to hand for grounding.

I would recommend having a journal/piece of paper and pen handy to write down any profound messages/insights/visions you receive, but equally don't be worried if it doesn't: sometimes it takes a few days to assimilate the vibration and THEN you might get a sign, coincidence, stroke of luck, or psychic dream.

To use a crystal for healing:
Lie down with crystal on corresponding chakra - red/black/brown = root chakra; orange/beige/creamy = sacral chakra; yellow/gold = solar plexus chakra; green/pink = heart chakra; blue = throat chakra; purple = 3rd eye chakra; clear/white = crown chakra. It is best to have two clear quartz points pointing at your feet and one pointing AWAY FROM your head to drain any negative energy - otherwise you risk it just circulating round you and then the healing effects may only be temporary. Do this for 15-30 minutes. I usually get an impression when the healing is done, or the crystal will fall from where I've placed it.

More another time.

September 30th, 2011, 06:22 AM
YOU are a wealth of information and are very greatly appreciated! Thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Valkyrie View Post
I got amethyst. I do like amethyst, I have tons of it, but I prefer clear quartz, selenite, fluorite, lepidolite, rose quartz, apophyllite, and celestite.

Don't ask me to choose a favourite!!

I have many many crystals including hematite, angelite, spectrolite, citrine, fuschite, different calcites my favourite is cobalto calcite, quantum quattro, infinite stone, moldavite, kunzite, sugilite, amazonite, ruby, garnet, emerald, pyrite, chrysocolla, larimar, different chrysoprases, blue chalcedony, dioptase, strawberry quartz, smoky quartz, shaman stones, lingam stone, cinnabar quartz, siberian blue quartz, pink lazurine, malachite, aventurine, unakite, azurite, spirit quartz, fire opal, herkimer diamonds, red jasper, snow quartz, atlantisite, stilbite, peacock ore, merlinite, different tourmalines, abalone shell, aquamarine, lapis lazuli, clear opal, and oh loads more I just can't remember off top of my head!! I've been collecting them for years. I have a mix of tumblestones, eggs, angels, diffusers (central shape plus points for healing/magick), natural points, natural rocks, and natural formations, plus jewellery and pendulums. Some of them are even laboratory-made. I have clear quartz points EVERYWHERE.

My favourite crystal is my huge shaft of selenite which I have in my room in the hope of it assisting lucid/psychic dreams.

In terms of cleansing them, it's the crystals ending in -ite that you can't cleanse with water as it does get into the cracks and crevices and undermines the integrity of the crystal. That includes not cleansing with angel sprays or gem elixirs.

For those crystals you can also cleanse with: fire (place in middle of a grid of four t-lites); incense/smudge (hold in wafting smoke); sound (using a Mayan bell, Indian bell, ting-sha, rattle or drum). However as this doesn't PHYSICALLY clean the crystal but only ENERGETICALLY cleanses it, you do need to also wipe the crystal to remove any dust.

You should also dedicate your stones, simply by holding them to your heart and saying "I now dedicate this crystal to the highest good and fill it with my love, light and compassion".

Stones you find along the way are just as valid to work with as crystals, for example pebbles on the beach, and even shells. Cleanse and dedicate them in the same way. The only disadvantage is that where you can look up crystals online to find out their properties, random stones you have to work this out intuitively, perhaps by meditating with them.

To attune to a crystal and begin to assimilate its properties:
Hold crystal in receiving hand for 5-15 mins, sitting with eyes closed in quiet contemplation.

To meditate with a crystal for messages/insights:
Hold crystal in receiving hand for 20-35 mins, sitting with eyes closed in quiet contemplation. It can be helpful to place two clear quartz points pointing at your feet and one pointing at your head, and visualise putting roots down into the earth before meditating. Have a glass of water to hand for grounding.

I would recommend having a journal/piece of paper and pen handy to write down any profound messages/insights/visions you receive, but equally don't be worried if it doesn't: sometimes it takes a few days to assimilate the vibration and THEN you might get a sign, coincidence, stroke of luck, or psychic dream.

To use a crystal for healing:
Lie down with crystal on corresponding chakra - red/black/brown = root chakra; orange/beige/creamy = sacral chakra; yellow/gold = solar plexus chakra; green/pink = heart chakra; blue = throat chakra; purple = 3rd eye chakra; clear/white = crown chakra. It is best to have two clear quartz points pointing at your feet and one pointing AWAY FROM your head to drain any negative energy - otherwise you risk it just circulating round you and then the healing effects may only be temporary. Do this for 15-30 minutes. I usually get an impression when the healing is done, or the crystal will fall from where I've placed it.

More another time.

♥ღ ☽O☾ ღ♥
☽.☆
.☆ ☆

☆. . ☆ ☆~☆ ☽☆. .

September 30th, 2011, 01:08 PM
Carwen*Angel's Avatar Fly away on my zephyr
Send a message via MSN to Carwen*Angel
What sorts of information do you want? How you can use crystals in magick, healing, for divination? Or like crystal properties or geology type info?

October 20th, 2011, 03:54 AM
Cherished1's Avatar On an extended babymoon
Very cool quiz!
I got Topaz
Not like any other, topaz-types love to stick out from the crowd! They tend to have their own style and make their own decisions and they're rarely afraid to show it. They tend to have many successes because of their own ingenuity and most show their feelings on the outside. They are their own person and many have great imaginations.

Our Amazing Water Birth Story
October 31st, 2011, 12:13 PM
MidnightMaiden's Avatar )O( Blessed Be )O(
I got Ruby

Ruby, resembling love, wealth, wisdom and purity. Ruby-types tend to think with their heart and not their heads, sometimes resulting in wild desicions, but constantly following love and romance. Ruby-types also tend to have a fair judgement and sweet and good feelings for many things.

Thank you jaidynsmum for my siggy

November 8th, 2011, 05:36 PM
myfavoriteshoes's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Skype™ to myfavoriteshoes
I got ruby too.

July 15th, 2013, 12:18 PM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
You Scored as Garnet
Fired-up, full of energy and rearing to go, garnet-girls (or guys :-P) are blessed with inner passion and strength. They would rather not give up on what they want and are generally very exciting people :-). Also, tell me if Im wrong, but the garnet-type personality is often accompanied with good health, as which the gems themselves promote.

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

July 16th, 2013, 06:43 AM
Amaranth Dhanya's Avatar aka Hillarie
Send a message via Yahoo to Amaranth Dhanya
I got....
Emerald.

~My thanks to *Kiliki* for the siggy and Lucy S for the blinkies~
July 19th, 2013, 10:57 AM
Earthy.Mama's Avatar .*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.
I got emerald this go round...

Positive yet caring, sensitive and simply divine, emerald-types have the qualities of a perfect friend. They value loyalty and inner contentment, and have time to stand by and listen when someone has a hardship to face. They also seem to have a good memory aswell, as it is something the gems themselves promote.

Co-Host July 2014 DDC

December 24th, 2013, 07:48 AM
-LovingLife-'s Avatar Ani LeDodi veDodi Li
I totally forgot that I had taken this quiz before, and posted my results on here lol. But I took it just now and got the same results: garnet. Haha.

Jontae
wife to Richard
mommy to
Caleb, Rachael, Ezekiel, Kerryn, and 5 angel babies

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search