Helping Your Fertility

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads TTC Another LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 15th, 2011, 06:17 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Are you doing anything to try to help yourself conceive?

It took us 21 months last time. I'll probably eventually go back to my acupuncturist if I don't conceive, but I want to wait until A&E are weaned so I can do the herbs as well. In the meantime, I am drinking lemon water, taking geritol and a few other vitamins, and avoiding as much wheat, cow dairy and sugar as possible. I'm also eating specific foods my acupuncturist said would help with my fertility issues and drinking lots of teas.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 16th, 2011, 06:40 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm kinda doing whatever until K is one (cause I have a feeling that AF is nowhere near close so I'm gonna enjoy my Valentines Day sugar and Kaiden's b-day sugar), then I'll start getting serious about fertility...ideally, I'd like to have him down to 3 nursing sessions per day by then - right now we are at 4-5 (but that has lately been including a night one since he's been a bit sick)...so we will see...

On my good cycle (it was after 2 rounds of CLomid), I Oed early (CD21 - which was early for me without CLomid)...had reduced sugar intake, was taking major B vitamins as well as prenatal...I had more EWCM on that cycle then I'd ever had before and I think thats how we got him...

Plan for me is reducing sugar, getting back of the vitamins - my B vitamins and taking Geritol instead of prenatal, trying Brandi's lemon water every day...a woman that my husband works with who I put a lot of value in her advice recommended an acupuncturist in town (who she says can do wonders for fertility) and I'm thinking of calling her soon to try to start getting AF back...

How long did you do acupuncture before you got PG with the twinado?
Also, what did she recommend as far as food (you are vegetarian - right/?) to help with it?
January 16th, 2011, 07:02 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I did acupuncture for about 3 months before I got prego. I can't remember when I started, so can't say for sure how long it was. I started seeing results right away. I O'd earlier each cycle. I O'd CD21 with A&E. My LP, which was always short, lengthened out with acupuncture and herbs.

You should read The Infertility Cure by Dr. Randine Lewis. I read so many fertility books while ttc, but this is the only one I bought. I've had it out recently looking at it. It has loads of great information on not only acupuncture, but also diet and vitamins. The foods you should be eating depend on what your diagnosis is. I have Kindney Yang and Spleen Qi deficiencies. Basically it means that my BBT is low (usually 96 something before O), I O late and my LP is short. It goes through why those things go together. It suggests that I eat alkaline foods, lightly cooked instead of raw veggies, things like wheat grass and to avoid cold foods and drink, and to not drink fluids within 30 minutes of my meals. There's all sorts of other great information along with femoral message to redirect blood flow to the uterus and breathing techniques. The book covers information for all sorts of fertility issues, not just what I've put here. It's like my little fertility bible.

I am not a vegetarian, but eat very little meat. I don't know about other "deficiencies" but not eating meat isn't a huge factor with mine. The book suggests I eat a little, mainly organic. It says I should avoid dairy, which I already do. One thing it suggests for me is organ meats. Yum I don't mind pate or liverwurst, so I do eat those occasionally.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 20th, 2011, 08:28 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thanks for the information...I should look into that one for sure...the only one I bought was Taking Charge of your Fertility, but I kinda knew most of that stuff just from being around here for a while...I had a fairly normal LP (around11 days) but for the last few years, my O took forever, 30 days was the shortest and 70+ was the longest (I will say that they 70+ was when I was training for a marathon or an Ironman, so Oing on CD30-32 with a 43 or so day cycle was my norm)...

Now Im really interested in what the acupuncturist would say

Was wondering about vegetarian thing cause I'd heard you talking about tofu and most people who eat meat dont eat tofu...LOL!

I was vegetarian for 3 years (2006-2009), but previous to that, I had stopped eating beef/chicken in 1998...I was fine not eating chicken/beef but found that my running times went up (as in slower times) significantly when I stopped eating fish (like 1 minute per mile on a 5-10K no matter how much I trained), and I gained 10 pounds out of nowhere...

I started craving salmon when I was first pregnant with K and have continued eating it...weird thing is that my running times (I run shorter distances now granted) have gotten a bit faster then they were even though I'm no where near the shape I was when I was seriously training...and I lost those 10 pounds that I couldnt lose when I stopped eating fish, so I was wondering if there might be something to that...

come to think of it...in 2006 when I stopped eating fish was around when my cycle started getting off in the first place..so I'm wondering if maybe my body needs the protein in fish?? maybe that might help my cycle regulate?
weird...
(ok, I tend to ramble..sorry)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search