Valerie (Celry)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads TTC Another LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 27th, 2011, 07:07 AM
LuvMyToriBug's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just wanted to say that your girls are sooooo flippin cute!! Is it easy to distinguish between the two now? I have just always wondered if I had identical twins, if I would know which one is who.

January 27th, 2011, 11:07 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks They're lucky they are so cute because the love trouble

I usually don't have a problem telling them apart. They trick me every once in a while, but if I see both there is no question. I looked at Eiley just yesterday morning and had no idea who it was for a few seconds I think that most twin moms can tell their babies apart by looking at both of them. My family still can't tell them apart and even DH still has issues some times. Most people will pick a facial feature to know who is who, but when they go through a growth spurt the feature will change and then the person can't tell again. I get a lot of people telling me one or the other has lighter hair, or one is taller etc. Most of the time the thing they are using isn't even different between the two kids. Eiley does have an ear that is different and Arya has a line from one of her pupils that goes down her iris. You can only see the line if her pupil is small and she's in the sun. Their head shapes before helmets also gave it away. I could tell who was who from behind, but I can't anymore. If I don't think about it, and just say a name when one approaches, I'm usually right without looking.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 27th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
are you nervous to think you could get pregnant with twins again???

January 27th, 2011, 01:15 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyz View Post
are you nervous to think you could get pregnant with twins again???
Nope. For a couple reasons. The first being that identical twins just happen. You do not have a higher chance of having a second set after having one. You only have a higher chance of having twins a second time if you've had fraternal twins. While we don't want 4 kids, and the pregnancy and first few months are insane, having twins is amazing. I LOVE watching their little bond. Every singleton out there is really missing out on that type of bond. Arya was choking a couple weeks ago and Eiley knew before DH or I. It was spooky. They do things like that all the time. They are little buddies, runing around the house, calling each others names. They could say the other ones name before mama or dada.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

January 28th, 2011, 05:14 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celry View Post
Nope. For a couple reasons. The first being that identical twins just happen. You do not have a higher chance of having a second set after having one. You only have a higher chance of having twins a second time if you've had fraternal twins. While we don't want 4 kids, and the pregnancy and first few months are insane, having twins is amazing. I LOVE watching their little bond. Every singleton out there is really missing out on that type of bond. Arya was choking a couple weeks ago and Eiley knew before DH or I. It was spooky. They do things like that all the time. They are little buddies, runing around the house, calling each others names. They could say the other ones name before mama or dada.
awwwwwwwwwwwww
January 30th, 2011, 09:27 AM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Twins sound awesome! I think I want a pair now, lol! Seriously, your girls are gorgeous.

January 30th, 2011, 11:11 AM
ChristinaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Aww they are so stinkin cute Val! I can't wait to give Brevan a sibling so he can have that type of bond as well. So cute!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search