Ladies I need your eyes! Update post 12!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads TTC Another LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 4th, 2011, 06:21 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think I may be gearing up to O but haven't used many OPKs so I need some opinions. Here is a pic I blew up right at the 3 min. The control line is the left one and the test is the right line.

Here's another pic:

And a pic 15 min. after the test. The instructions say not to rely on anything after 5 min.

So, ladies, do these look positive to you? I have a little EWCM and we are going to BD and use preseed just in case. I never had much CM the first time we ttc, so I'm hoping things will be better this go around. Thanks!

Last edited by MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy; March 5th, 2011 at 04:52 PM.
March 4th, 2011, 06:23 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
I think if you don't tomorrow you are super close. That's how mine looked recently when I was trying to track my cycle.

March 4th, 2011, 07:42 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG Casey!!!! I'm so excited for you - we are cycle buddies AGAIN!!!!!!!!!
WOOOO HOOOOOOOOO!!!!

PS-that looks positive to me for sure!!
PPS-Have you taken many OPKs before this, were they all light?

March 4th, 2011, 07:59 PM
Thanks girls! I really hope I O! My 100 opks I ordered came in today so when I got off work at 8pm I tonight I couldn't resist and had to take one! its been so long since I've taken an opk I really don't remember much about them. When I wasa ttc the 1st time I think I had several false positives because of PCOS and I'm praying that doesn't happen this time.

Tonya I really hope we do turn out to be cycle buddies!!! This is so exciting!!!

March 5th, 2011, 04:55 AM
if you still have your BBT, you could temp to be sure???

March 5th, 2011, 06:12 AM
Today I slept in so I didn't temp, but starting tomorrow I'm going to start temping. I have no CM today so far so who knows what's going on with my crazy body. I have already nursed Marina 2 times today so I don't know if that's going to delay O or not Either way we did BD last night just in case. I start metformin on March 21st if my doc will write me a script for it (which she said she would last time I saw her). I've been exercising on my days off and eating better so I hope that helps too. How often should I take an OPK and how many a day? How are yours looking today Tonya?

March 5th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
not to hijack your thread, but I'm curious about OPKs....I only did it once and didn't do it long enough to see a positive. If there is a faint line, that means negative right? Is there always a line throughout your cycle, regardless?

March 5th, 2011, 07:40 AM
jensma's Avatar Katie: mommy to Ty & Em
It's close Casey! Too weird that you and Tonya would starting Oing again at the same time!!

Have Faith, Expect Miracles

SHHHH!! Don't mention Pregnancy on FB please!!
March 5th, 2011, 07:53 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyz View Post
not to hijack your thread, but I'm curious about OPKs....I only did it once and didn't do it long enough to see a positive. If there is a faint line, that means negative right? Is there always a line throughout your cycle, regardless?
If it's faint then yes it's negative. With most brands it has to be as dark or darker than the control line to be positive.

Casey when you have taken opks did you normally get days of positive opks or just one? I have pcos too and I wasn't sure if getting many days of positives would have to do with that.

March 5th, 2011, 08:00 AM
I was getting too many days so I just quit. I'm hoping that my body will go back to a normal cycle PP. I'm exercising and trying to be healthy so hopefully that will help. Plus I will start met soon and that's supposed to help regulate the cycle too. Thanks for the eyes ladies

March 5th, 2011, 08:20 AM
Mine are back to negative...LOL, I'm so excited that we are both getting back on schedule!!

I'd say to start temping to be sure that you O (I want to, but I dont want to use the Kaiden butt thermometer and it is my only reference!!)

March 5th, 2011, 08:56 AM
LOL! I don't think I would want to use the butt thermometer either! I'm hoping you get to skip temping altogether, even though I do love chart stalking, lol! I took one opk today and it was a little lighter and I will take another this evening and post pics.

March 5th, 2011, 04:51 PM
Okay, here are todays pics! I think if I actually did O then we have a really good chance!
Here's the 11:30am pic

And my 7pm pic

I think I will hold off on the temping and just relax if this is an actual normal cycle. If AF comes then I will start to temp. I really hope my body is getting back to normal!

March 7th, 2011, 06:46 AM
MommaLee's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck to you.

Lyz - I have always gotten a faint line on opk's....I've never had a stark white one before.
March 8th, 2011, 05:07 PM
Sorry for not seeing this one...I really hope it means that you Oed Casey, this is so exciting!!!

March 10th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
it's so exciting to see you girls TTC I hope you both get your BFP quickly!!

March 11th, 2011, 05:25 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Holy Crap!! I didn't realize how close we were in CD's!

for both of you! How great would it be to catch it on the first try?!?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search