UPDATE: Progesterone draw - Lots of HPTs - DIGI in post #27

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads TTC Another LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 11th, 2011, 10:47 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Since I'm a control freak compltely number obsessed person...and need to know everything, I just talked my way into a progesterone draw at the REs office...

FWIW< I dont think I'm pregnant, my HUGE sign with Kaiden was incredibly sore boobs (starting at 6DPO), like - I would remember if my boobs felt that way again sore - and my boobs arent sore at all...so...

I really just want to see how strong my ovulation was...completely unmedicated, I was usually a 6-8 (which is weak)...and my Kaiden cycle, I had a 10 (which is much better)...if I'm under 10, I know that it was weak...if I'm under 5, then it was super weak...

But, at least I'll find out

Last edited by fromustobaby; March 14th, 2011 at 01:29 PM.
March 11th, 2011, 10:58 AM
Platinum Supermommy
interesting!! looking forward to hearing how it goes

March 11th, 2011, 01:45 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm interested too. I just use my LP to know how strong or weak it was. My 6d LP last month showed just how low my progesterone must have been. I can't wait to hear what your # is and how long your LP is. Prego symptoms can be completely different from one pregnancy to the next so you never know.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 11th, 2011, 02:43 PM
My new insurance sends out to another lab so I wont get to have my results until Monday...boo!!\
my previous insurance I would have been able to get the REs lab to run the blood draw and would have gotten the results this afternoon...

Val...thats the weird thing, my progesterone and LP weren't perfectly correlated...I had a 13 on a medicated cycle and had my shortest LP ever...and on one where my prog was 8, I had a 12 day LP (longest)...
March 11th, 2011, 05:52 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hoping for for good news Tonya!

March 12th, 2011, 04:19 AM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hope you get great numbers on Monday!!!

March 12th, 2011, 05:21 AM
I was reading the other day that there are 3 different for LPd. One of those was your body/lining not responding correctly to progesterone. Sounds like that is what you had during the MA cycle.

Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

March 12th, 2011, 06:26 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Hope you get good news Monday!!

March 12th, 2011, 03:07 PM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Interesting...can't wait to find out.

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

March 12th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celry View Post
I was reading the other day that there are 3 different for LPd. One of those was your body/lining not responding correctly to progesterone. Sounds like that is what you had during the MA cycle.
Really, that sounds really interesting...do you have a link??

I took my temp today at 7am (when Kaiden woke up but Matt took him and let me keep sleeping) and it was 97.91...then I took it at 9am (when I woke up for real) and it was 98.39...doesnt that seem like a crazy big jump for just 2 hours?

Anyway, I got 2 2-packs of Answer tests tonight at the store...I couldn't pass up the deal, a 2-pack for $7.99 AND a $1.00 rebate on the box...WHOO HOO!! So, now I'll probably start testing cause I actually have tests...BUT, not tomorrow...cause we have to be up at 4am to drive to BFE for Matt to do a marathon, now that should be fun - but at least it will keep me distracted!!

And, Monday they will let me know my progesterone!!

PS-No symptoms, no sore boobies, nothing...but based on the temp, I think I Oed, so I am pleased about that
March 13th, 2011, 07:30 AM
I think this is the link. I'm working on an iPod, so I'm not sure if that's what I read on my laptop of not.

365 Days in a Roe

March 13th, 2011, 05:29 PM
Yea, I definitely think that was it...thanks!

Well, Matt QUALIFIED for Boston - WHOO HOO!! So, he was in a good mood...but Kaiden is a wreck from getting up at 5am (4am not counting spring forward)...oh well...dont think I will get uninterrupted sleep tonight...

I broke down and took an HPT (the ANswer one), not cause I had any signs (I have none, not even sore boobies), but because I could (and I have the patience of a fruit fly)...and it was stark white negative, tried everything I could think of to see a line and there was just nothing there...not too bummed since this was the first PP-O...

anyway, will probably take another tomorrow...but looking over the chart, I'm wondering if I'm actually 8DPO today - since I usually O 2 days after my first + on an OPK??

Its just fun to have something to obsess about again

Oh, and I get my progesterone numbers tomorrow also!! My guess is that they will be an 8...let's see how close I am
March 13th, 2011, 05:40 PM
Your post cracks me up because it reads like something I would have written. I wouldn't test just because I don't want to waste my money, but I have the patients of a fruit fly as well

I hope your progesterone comes back high and that it just was too early to test.

365 Days in a Roe

March 13th, 2011, 05:41 PM
ChristinaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Good luck Tonya! I hope you get great numbers tomorrow!!!

March 13th, 2011, 06:35 PM
MarinaAndCharlie'sMommy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good luck tomorrow. I've been researching LP defect since mine was only 7 days. Here's a good site that I found on it, it talks about the causes and treatments. What is a Luteal Phase Defect or LPD? I think if mine is short this cycle then I will start trying some B6. Didn't you take it last time you were ttc? If so how much and how often? Hope you get a surprise BFP and high progesterone results!

March 14th, 2011, 06:29 AM
OMG You Psycho! I see you tested yesterday!!

You are too much girl!!!

March 14th, 2011, 09:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina'sMommy View Post
Good luck tomorrow. I've been researching LP defect since mine was only 7 days. Here's a good site that I found on it, it talks about the causes and treatments. What is a Luteal Phase Defect or LPD? I think if mine is short this cycle then I will start trying some B6. Didn't you take it last time you were ttc? If so how much and how often? Hope you get a surprise BFP and high progesterone results!
Some people find that a complete B vitamin, which includes B6, works better for them than B6 alone. Neither seemed to help me much.

365 Days in a Roe

March 14th, 2011, 09:58 AM
On my Kaiden cycle and this cycle I took a B supplement...
Still havent gotten my progesterone number back so IDK about that yet...

Ok guys...I'm a bit overthinking/freaking right now...I found an EXPIRED (like 4 month expired!!) IC, and there is a definite line on it - VERY VERY VERY light line...took an Answer also, slight hint of a shadow...but I swear I am imagining things (I will guarantee most of you wont see anything on the Answer)...
This is with upped contrast and saturation...

Here's the thing...when I was 10DPO with Kaiden, I took a test, and said it was negative - but then when I got my + the next day, I looked at it again, and there was this shadow line...so, I've probably gotten the shadow on BFN cycles...but not gone insane examining it - but this time I am...did I mention that I AM COMPLETELY OVERTHINKING EVERYTHING RIGHT NOW...

Oh, and I might just be 9DPO...gaaack!

ok, that picture sucks...I need to take a better one...BRB...
March 14th, 2011, 10:03 AM
I see the line on the IC.

If you caught it on the first PP-O... you're gonna be... like... Womb of the Year!

March 14th, 2011, 10:06 AM
ChristinaR's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH MY GOSH!!!! I see the line too! That will be so amazing, I can't wait till you get your draw back

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search