Cycle check 5/24

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads TTC Another LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 24th, 2011, 10:26 AM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wanted to start a new update page...
Where ya at in your cycle?
Whatcha doing this time?
ANy other random thoughts?

I am so happy to have gotten AF...we were "preventing" this past cycle, though it wouldnt have mattered since I had a crazy low temperature 6 day LP - there would have been no way to get pregnant with a healthy egg out of that one...but, even with all that, I actually Oed on CD25, even after a M/C and HCG that didnt drop to zero for weeks...so, I'm really excited that I could possibly O like a normal person this coming cycle...

As for this cycle, we are full on, pulling out all the stops...what I've been doing:
1. no sugar (since the day after my M/C)
2. no fast acting carbs(since the day after my M/C)
3. no wheat (since the day after my M/C)
4. Geritol complete for my vitamin, drinking it in lemon water
5. Starting at CD4, am doing vitex (I ordered the one Val suggested from Amazon, but I dont know how long it will take to get here)
6. B-vitamin complex by RawOne (I took this when I got PG with Kaiden, so I consider it good luck)
7. temping every day
8. acupuncture once/week (I might have more of them when I am close to Oing, will ask her on Saturday)
9. Baby Hopes OPKs starting on CD12...
10. TMI, "getting off" every other day (with or without Matt) starting on CD4 (I did this on my Kaiden cycle cause I read that it helps blood flow to the uterus, and hey, it worked)

For timed BDing, we are going to do the night that I get the + OPK, and then 2 days after (in the morning) - so about 36 hours apart...

Random thoughts, I'm hoping that it happens soon, getting pregnant and then losing it makes me miss it all the more...

Last edited by fromustobaby; May 24th, 2011 at 10:28 AM.
May 24th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm on CD15 and I forgot to do my OPK yesterday...I had some extra CM but this morning I have a - OPK and barely any CM. I will check the next few days but if I get a - I probably O'd yesterday.

I think I'm going to get some hormone balance supplements and try those. I'm all out of whack these days

May 24th, 2011, 02:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Cd 24, i think i'm about 6 dpo (got an almost positive on cd 16) but we didnt bd at a good time so i'm not pregnant

I've decided the ideal time for me to get pregnant for me is after August bec/ last time i got pregnant in July (end of July), and was due in April.... at Christmas i believe i was around 22 weeks. I dont want to be more then 20 weeks at this Christmas bec/ i'de like to travel since we couldnt last year and i wouldnt feel comfortable traveling after about 20 weeks (and thats if i'm not on bedrest or anything)... Ideally i'de like to be due sometime in the late May - July time frame then i would (probably) deliver sometime between Feb and April. In a perfect world i'de have #2 2-2.5 years after M (can you tell i've been thinking about this a lot lately?)

May 24th, 2011, 06:24 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
CD1 I'm okay since it happened so early. I didn't have a good feeling about being prego. I think we're going to be more careful about actively preventing and then ttc in the fall. I hate to wait, but it just makes more sense with our insurance. I plan on going back to my restricted diet in a few days. Tomorrow is our 9th wedding anniversary and I'm having ice cream Here's our plan

1) Geritol instead of prenatal along with folic acid, PABA, royal jelly, EPO (before
O), Fish oil (twice/day), Trade Joe's green vitamin, Spirulina, grape seed extract & calcium
2) lemon water
3) peppermint tea
4) try to avoid most wheat, sugar and dairy
5) acupuncture starting in late summer/early fall if my cycles are still messed up
6) vitex
7) femoral message and acupressure points until O
8) temping
9) eating as many foods as I can off my acupuncturists list of key foods for my conditions
10) No eating or drinking cold foods or beverages
11) warming my feet in water every night

The last 2 are because my bbt temps tend to be low. My acupuncturist wants my body to get teh most out of the foods I put into it and not have to use any energy to warm them up first. The feet warming is relaxing and also promotes blood flow.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

Last edited by Celry; May 24th, 2011 at 06:27 PM.
May 24th, 2011, 09:00 PM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
10 DPO here and based on my normal LP of 12 days, AF should show on Friday. I'm relatively sure I'm not pg so if AF does come I'll at least be glad that my LP is back to normal since the m/c. This week has been so busy and I keep forgetting to call my acupuncturist to reschedule the appt I missed last week so I'm going to make sure to do it tomorrow and see what he says. I'll also be awaiting the results of my hormone testing and we'll see if my ND has any other recommendations based on that.

Valerie, I have heard about Royal Jelly for fertility. What is it supposed to do?

Here's my plan for the next cycle:

1) Prenatal, EPO (before O), Fish oil (once/day), Spirulina, baby aspirin (once/day)
2) lemon water
3) try to avoid sweets, added sugar and fast carbs
4) acupuncture
5) vitex
6) using CBEFM
7) Listening to guided meditation tracks for fertility/conception starting CD1

Hollie
May 24th, 2011, 10:28 PM
I need to work on the no stress thing a LOT...the two times I've gotten pregnant were the only two times that I wasnt stressed at all about TTC...I think it made a difference...any tips there?

Val-
share the knowledge...please...I ordered the vitania vitex from amazon, it should be here soon...I'm all ears for anything else you guys might recommend...
May 25th, 2011, 01:50 AM
Mega Super Mommy
good luck to everyone this cycle *hugs*
May 25th, 2011, 06:05 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Valerie...absolutely love the new siggie!!!!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

May 25th, 2011, 06:53 AM
Tonya, the vitex was something my ND said would help bring my hormones into balance, specifically estrogen and progesterone. But it also takes a few months to really get into your system and work, so don't be disappointed if you don't see any changes right away. And she specifically said to use the VITANICA brand because she had seen things get worse for people on a different brand.

I have a stress problem, too. Although mine isn't necessarily related to ttc. I think I just get stressed out in general easily lately. The guided meditation tracks do seem to help. Here is a link to some. Some are pregnancy specific, but a couple others are conception specific. And you can find others through Google and on iTunes. http://www.brainplayground.com/hypno...cy/childbirth/.

Valerie, I love the new siggy, too. So sweet!

Hollie
May 25th, 2011, 11:35 AM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Royal Jelly is what a queen bee is fed. It's supposed to be awesome for egg development. I can't remember where I initially foudn out about it, but it's something my acupuncturist was glad I was taking and she told me to continue taking it.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

May 27th, 2011, 10:08 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am still waiting on my 1st PP AF and waiting to O.....

I feel really stupid... but what does all that stuff do?!? should I be drinking lemon water etc?!?
May 27th, 2011, 08:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mummy2SummerNAshton View Post
I am still waiting on my 1st PP AF and waiting to O.....

I feel really stupid... but what does all that stuff do?!? should I be drinking lemon water etc?!?

Oh don't feel stupid. I don't know that I NEED to be taking most of it really. But I'll list my reasons for what I'm doing.

1) Prenatal
2) EPO (before O) - I'm not sure if I'm going to do EPO or not yet, but it's supposed to help make your CM more fertile.
3) Fish oil (once/day) - I take this even when not ttc. Has essential fatty acids (EFAs) that are good for you.
4) Spirulina - My acupuncturist thinks I have blood deficiency, so this is supposed to help, and it's just an overall good health supplement.
5) baby aspirin (once/day) - helps thicken endometrial lining.
2) lemon water - I do this when not ttc. Good all natural detox for the body.
3) try to avoid sweets, added sugar and fast carbs - these can throw off your hormonal balance. A lot of things can, but these do especially when overdone - which I have a tendency to do - the sweets anyway. I don't really eat fast carbs anyway.
4) acupuncture
5) vitex - I'm using this on the advice of my naturopath to get my hormones regulated. we suspected that they were before my m/c and now taking to regulate things after that.
6) using CBEFM
7) Listening to guided meditation tracks for fertility/conception starting CD1

Hollie
May 29th, 2011, 06:39 PM
Hollie,
that explains it very well - thanks...

Have some news here...
I finally got on an insurance plan that has maternity, but the maternity part doesnt start till 30 days after the policy goes into effect on June 1...date of conception has to be after June 30...

We can "afford" a baby without insurance, but obviously, its better with...

So, we will be barely trying this month - if it happens, then this was the baby that was meant to be (we didnt have insurance when we got pregnant with the one we lost), and then going full out next cycle, when I'll have full insruance...if we arent pregnant by August, then I can hopefully talk my way back into the RE helping out - though I'm really hoping that my cycles are regulated before that...
May 29th, 2011, 08:25 PM
That's great that you got insurance, Tonya. It always seems like there has to be something sticky with it for everyone, though. But you have a great attitude about everything. I'll be keeping an eye out for updates anyway.

Hollie
May 30th, 2011, 11:01 AM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Great news about the insurance Tonya! Hope you get that BFP June 30th!!

We're still waiting to TTC again. Hoping for a June or July 2012 baby.

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

June 1st, 2011, 09:26 PM
HarpersMomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I am on CD 13. Haven't really done any temping or anything this cycle so far. I had some O like cramps today and watery CM. We BDed this evening, but who knows? We had a really bad storm roll through here last week and it caused a lot of damage to our property so I haven't had much time to think about TTC. It's a good thing, though. I really thought I was PG last cycle, but ended up having a really short LP. It's gone from 15-16 days to 11-13. We're just going to be relaxed about this cycle since we have so much going on. If it happens, it happens. Of course, I'm secretly REALLY hoping that we have a surprise, but it doesn't seem like we have much luck with anything lately :0( Anyway, good luck to everyone! I hope we see some BFPs very soon!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search