Cycle update - 6/7

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads TTC Another LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2011, 09:06 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Where ya at?
Whatcha doing?
Any other thoughts?

I'm CD17, have spotted all but 3 days this cycle, and have the feeling that I'm in for another of my patently frustrating neverending cycles...I had very small amounts of EWCM yesterday and the day before, but nothing today, and my OPK has a test line that is almost stark white...so, I know that its going to be a while...its OK that this isnt THE cycle, but knowing that the cycle might take 2 months is frustrating...

I had so much hope after the M/C cycle was 31 days, so I'm a bit bummed to say the least that I'm hardly having any signs of O...I just know that my normal cycles are really weak, and was hoping that with all the changes in nutrition/having Kaiden/etc, that it would make a difference...hoping that I can get into my OB and get a progesterone draw and if this is another super weak O, that I can at least get on CLomid for next cycle (Clomid got me regular and a much better O last time)...cutting it close cause she is having a baby in July, so I need to see her before she goes on maternity leave...

So, I'm twiddling my thumbs...

Oh, and I'm using the same thermometer, but my temps are way way lower, what the heck?
June 8th, 2011, 12:29 PM
HarpersMomma's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm on CD 20 and 6 DPO. I Oed really early this cycle. The only other time that's happened in the cycle I got PG with Harper. We BDed the day before O, just like my PG cycle, and I'm hoping and wishing and praying that we get the same results! This is the first cycle where I've not had any symptoms. Usually my BBs are super tender from O all the way until a day or two before AF, but they're just barely sore if at all. I'm not even looking for symptoms this cycle. If it happens it happens. This is our 9th month of sort of trying, but not preventing. It only took us 7 months of doing this last time to get PG so I'm a bit discouraged. I've been taking my multivitamin everyday, as well as giving DH his, which is what I did on our PG cycle. I'm not sure what else to do differently if we don't end up PG soon.

Tonya - You're so dedicated and determined! I wish you the very best! I've been sort of stalking you, I hope you don't mind! If what you're doing works for you, I might have to get some advice!

June 8th, 2011, 02:11 PM
Courtney, that sounds great...its always a good sign when it is like your good cycle...fwiw, I didnt have sore BB on my loss cycle (it was a later loss, so it wasnt a loss because of the no sore BBs, if that makes sense)...I'm so superstitious about my Kaiden cycle, I want to do everything exactly the same to get the same result...

Stalk away, I like company
I'm just stubborn, not into failing at anything, especially this...
Little update - "normal" temp today, which looks high since my others were so low...
But, actually have real EWCM that is increasing - though my OPK is still negative, so I'm guessing that O could possible be on Saturday or Sunday at the latest...if it is on Saturday, that would be CD21, which is when I Oed on my Kaiden cycle! and its still early for me...so I'm gonna try to relax and enjoy the next few days...at least now, I do see O in sight...
June 9th, 2011, 02:09 PM
Celry's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm on CD17. No O in sight. I had a bunch of EWCM this past weekend, so was sure I was going to O, but no O. I think I'm winding up for a super long cycles with lots of attempts but no actual O. I was really hoping that after my chemical my body would continue to O early, but no such luck. Last month I Od on CD17, earlier than I ever had before. I'm not holding my breath right now. I don't expect to get prego until I'm doing acupuncture again. My sister uses the same acupuncturist and just saw her yesterday. The acupuncturist said she's waiting for me to come back. I think I'll be going back soon. I haven't decided yet if I'll do it this month or wait until July. I'm thinking I might wait until July.

I'm starting my strict diet again this weekend. I've been pretty good lately, but don't have everything in the house that I want. I'll be shopping tomorrow or Saturday and making sure I have all my wheat & dairy free options around.

Thank you peimum for my siggie

Dec 26 '08, BFP after 21 months thanks to acupuncture
Jan 14 '09, first u/s one strong heart beat
Jan 28, '09, second u/s, Surprise! two strong heart beats
Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

June 9th, 2011, 05:43 PM
Kate- that's so exciting

Val-boo for a stupid body, but yea for a good acupuncturist!!

Beware for a bit of negativity below:
I got a + OPK today, but it is BARELY positive...on the two cycles that I've gotten pregnant, I had a blaringly positive OPK.. .

not to mention that my EWCM is thick (wheres my RObitussin when I need it!!) and not that plentiful (compared to my pregnant cycles - I compare everything to them)...

AND, on top of that, I think I'm Oing from my right side (based on O pains) and both my pregnant cycles was left side pain (when I had my HSG, my right side was a crazy curly and long fallopian tube, the left side was short and straight and perfect)...

Needless to say, I'm not holding out much hope for this cycle, though we are trying...

But, I should be Oing on CD21, which is awesome for me on a natural cycle...
and, not getting it this cycle saves us a lot of money, cause insurance coverage starts on July 1 (have to conceive after July 1)...
And, this cycle would mean that the baby would have almost the same due date as Kaiden, and that wouldnt be as fun for Kaiden...

All that being said, would LOVE to catch it this cycle...but, am preparing for it not happening...
June 9th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Hopefully you catch that egg! I Od on CD21 with A&E.

I started getting these weird pains tonight. For lack of a better description, I'd say they feel like they are on my csection scar inside. I've been tracking all the weird twinges and things going on with my body each cycle this year. Looks like I always get this weird pain now a day or two before I O, so I might be having a somewhat normal cycle after all. I haven't seen any EWCM today though. Hopefully I get some. I'm in the same boat as Tonya where it wouldn't be ideal to get prego right now for insurance reasons, but I can't sit out a cycle if my body might work.

I'll be stalking everyone with a chart link

Aug 13, '09 Arya and Eiley are born on what would have been their great grandmother's 105th birthday
365 Days in a Roe

June 10th, 2011, 05:53 PM
Weird stuff...I got my blaringly positive OPK this morning - I never get it that much later, and by tonight, it was barely positive again...and, today O pains were on my good side...I got no clue...but my EWCM was definitely thicker than my good cycles and I didnt have Robitussin...so, it is what it is...

Val- I think I'm going to O on CD21 - thats what I Oed on for Kaiden also...CD21 is just a good day to O (AND, I have acupuncture tomorrow also so hopefully that is a good sign) Are you taking Vitex or EPO or anything for EWCM?
ps - am glad you are not sitting out these cycles - i need company

Last edited by fromustobaby; June 10th, 2011 at 09:20 PM.
June 12th, 2011, 08:17 AM
Oed yesterday - FF will get it right in a few days...
Here's to Oing on CD21, which is when I Oed for my Kaiden cycle...
If I did get PG this cycle, I'd be due 4 days before Kaiden's birthday
June 12th, 2011, 12:54 PM
Platinum Supermommy
yay for Oing Tonya fingers crossed!!!

June 12th, 2011, 06:46 PM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I saw in your siggy Tonya that you O'd!!! HOORAY!!!! When will you test???? HAHA, I'm such a pusher!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

June 12th, 2011, 07:03 PM
I love that Gwen is asking about testing only a couple days after O.

Tonya, that's awesome you Od and on CD21. Hopefully this is it for you.

My body is so frustrating. I'm on CD20 and I feel like my body has been trying to O all week, but just can't. Ugh! I'm not convinced I'll have a good O or LP this cycle. That's okay though. DH and I talked last night and he wants me to start acupuncture soon So I might be calling tomorrow to start gathering info on when she can see me since she has some goofy hours that are cheaper and I'd love to go to those if I can arrange someone to watch the twinado. I am still taking my Vitex and started EPO last cycle and am still taking that. Even if we weren't trying, I wanted to make sure that I keep doing what I know is good for my body. I bought a bunch of foods this weekend that I need for my diet, so I'll be back on that tomorrow. I've been pretty good lately, but have had a few things here and there that are wheat and/or dairy.

365 Days in a Roe

June 13th, 2011, 08:37 AM
I'm a POASer, dont even need any pushing...I'll test Sunday and Monday with the ICs...if I see anything close to a line, then I'll take the digis that Casey (thank you!) sent me immediately...otherwise, I'll take the digi on Tuesday, and I'll know by then if it was a good egg or not...honestly, last time, I had very distinctive light cramping in the uterus at around 6-7DPO (even though I was trying to talk myself out of being hopeful cause I didnt have sore boobs)...if I have those type of cramps again, I'll probably be getting a bit excited, if not, I'll probably be a bit down...

Its really ok - specially this time - if not...cause of Kaiden's birthday and the whole insurance thing...but I would be more than thrilled if it was - and I'm sure that I Oed on my good side, which makes me feel more hopeful...just so happy to have an early O, cause that was really the key for me with Kaiden...

Val, so excited that you are going full in so soon with the acupuncture...sorry your body is being stupid this time around...but, with the eating and acupuncture, you should be catching that good eggie soon!!
PS-Do you take Vitex the whole cycle, or just before O...I'm still taking it and wanted to know your thoughts...

Last edited by fromustobaby; June 13th, 2011 at 08:44 AM.
June 13th, 2011, 11:22 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
YAYYYYYY for O'ing Tonya
June 13th, 2011, 11:29 AM
Etph007's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celry View Post
I love that Gwen is asking about testing only a couple days after O.

Tonya, that's awesome you Od and on CD21. Hopefully this is it for you.

My body is so frustrating. I'm on CD20 and I feel like my body has been trying to O all week, but just can't. Ugh! I'm not convinced I'll have a good O or LP this cycle. That's okay though. DH and I talked last night and he wants me to start acupuncture soon So I might be calling tomorrow to start gathering info on when she can see me since she has some goofy hours that are cheaper and I'd love to go to those if I can arrange someone to watch the twinado. I am still taking my Vitex and started EPO last cycle and am still taking that. Even if we weren't trying, I wanted to make sure that I keep doing what I know is good for my body. I bought a bunch of foods this weekend that I need for my diet, so I'll be back on that tomorrow. I've been pretty good lately, but have had a few things here and there that are wheat and/or dairy.
I haven't checked in a while...but I just read your update in the last thread. I'm so sorry
June 13th, 2011, 02:53 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm not a Grad, but I have lurked here for some time now as I used to TTC with a number of you when you were all trying for your first and I really don't know many of the main board posters on my own board anymore, so I hope it's okay that I'm posting.

Tonya mentioned in my journal that a couple of girls here are going the TCM route and I've got my first appt tomorrow at noon. I don't know anyone else currently using TCM, so I hope it's alright if I poke my head in..?

Regardless, I wish you all the best of luck TTC #2.

June 13th, 2011, 04:36 PM
karenwalter's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tonya, I can't wait to hear (or see) the results

I know I'm not TTC right now, but it's fun to live vicariously through all of you

. Thanks .hOOdihoo.this. for another beautiful siggy!

June 13th, 2011, 05:53 PM
yes Nikki, definitely poke your head in anytime you want - I cant wait to hear updates about your appointment!! Please update when you get back...I hope that it goes great - also is Danny going with you...Val and I are using it right now, I think Hollie did...Val, ifyou get a chance, can you let us know the story about how you got your girls - how long were you trying/etc and what your TCM person said/did? I got here right as you got pregnant, so I never heard the story myself

Karen and Erin...thanks girls...am trying not to get my hopes up, but its hard...just want it so much...
June 13th, 2011, 06:02 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Unfortunately he's got a meeting too close to the time of my appt. It's ok, I'm still excited though!

I'd love to hear Val's story!!

June 13th, 2011, 06:47 PM
I had to google TCM. I couldn't figure out what it meant.

My story:
I stopped taking BCP in the fall of 2006. We were NTNP until March of 2007 when we officially started TTC. I wasn't temping, but had been keeping track of my cycles and they were sometimes as long at 60 days and sometimes as short as 30. I knew that wasn't normal, so I started temping in Nov 2007. I got prego in Feb of 2008 and had a miscarriage in March when I was 6w. I had talked to my OB/GYN earlier that year and she agreed to see me. When we met, she prescribed clomid. I did 4 cycles with clomid and progesterone. I showed an O spike on my charts every month, but it never looked amazing. She wanted to do more cycles, but I wasn't willing to. I talked to a bunch of people and asked for a recommendation from her. Everyone kept telling me about this specific RE, so I called and made an appointment. She did one more cycle with clomid, progesterone, a trigger shot & IUI. That was my first monitored clomid cycle. We did a bunch of bloodwork and ultrasounds. I had 3 good follicles when I triggered, but wasn't prego.

I decided to switch insurance for the next year knowing that it would cover some infertility stuff after the first of the year. Because of that, we took a break with the RE. I read a book called The Infertility Cure by Dr. Randine Lewis and was lucky enough to find an acupuncturist in my area who had been trained by Dr. Lewis. I started seeing her at the end of September. I started seeing a change in my cycles right away. Each month I was Oing earlier and getting a little longer LP. She would check my pulse in 3 points on my wrist and look at my tongue each apointment. Her acupuncture points were based on that and where I was in my cycle. I decided to jump all the way in and did the herbs she wanted me to and changed my diet. I always ate really healthy, but she wanted me to cut out dairy, wheat and refined sugar. She also gave me a list of foods she wanted me to incorporate into my diet. I had a laparoscopy, D&C, hysteroscopy (sp?) and a second HSG the day after Thanksgiving that year. I was prego a couple weeks after that surgery. So, overall I did acupuncture for almost 3 months and was TTC for 21 months.

My acupuncturist focuses on infertility. She treats other things, but that's her main thing and she really knows her stuff. She has a checksheet people have to fill out before their first visit and it's amazing how much she could tell about me based on random questions. My sister had absolutely no problems getting prego with her first 2 kids. She got prego with #1 the first month she tried and #2 came right after she stopped BFing. SHe didn't even get AF between the 2 kiddos. She was TTC off and on for about a year before she went to my acupuncturist. She was going off and on for a while, but not very serious about it. This year, she finally got serious and was prego within 2 months. She miscarried around 5w, and started going back to the acupuncturist. She went for 4 weeks and just found out this week that she's prego again.

I know that's probably a jumbled recollection. Let me know if you have any questions.

365 Days in a Roe

June 14th, 2011, 10:14 AM
Thanks Val
Was your acupuncturist into supplements...mine just says to eat well, and thats fine, and never even said what was "wrong" with me...I might ask next time, but seems like most do...

Nikki- Hope your appointment is great!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search