TCM Update (incredibly long - more like a book than a post - my normal)

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads TTC Another LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 24th, 2011, 05:28 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Good appointment...I liked her, and I think we are on the right track in that it incorporated everything that I was expecting to be incorporated...

We got there right on time, and I filled stuff out, then I went back into her office to discuss what was going on...she looked at my charts and said that it looks like a lot had changed since before Kaiden, so we are going to go by the two after Kaiden cycles...we talked about why I was there, and talked about the way I am (got a goal and totally focus on meeting it)...she said that getting a meditation CD, or doing anything I can to relax would probably be a good thing for me, but my lifestyle is helpful cause I dont have outside stress...

Food: she said it was amazing what I was eating and that it would do nothing but help me...the only thing about that was that she encouraged me to not quite be as strict as I was being, to let myself enjoy a meal out if I needed to because relaxing and enjoying is important too...I'm still gonna stick by my meal plan but we did go out to eat afterward and I had a piece of sushi (with white rice)...

So, the issues...
1. Spleen Qi - which I thought for sure...what surprised me was that she also thought I was just barely Kidney Yang (but that it was mostly due to the Spleen Qi deficiency)...
2. Liver - I had thought I was a bit liver, but was surprised a bit that she "diagnosed" it...the reasons were by spotting from last cycle, my pink/watery AF (which is what this cycle has been), saw-toothed chart, dry skin/brittle nails, and yellow tinge to tongue...all this stuff definitely fit me...so, we are going with it...
She also wanted to nourish blood because my AF has been pink/mucousy...

Anyway, we then talked more, I mentioned that I'd been waking a lot at night, but that I thought it was cause my tooth hurt, and she said that she can work on that also...

We also talked about supplements, and she said that she would recommend Usana multi-vitamin and fish oil, and besides those, she would do Royal Jelly and Wheat grass (from a health food store)...what I thought was nice was that she didn't push the pills on me, she told me to go to the website and order that way cause it would be cheaper...

She asked if I wanted to do an appointment today, since Matt was there with Kaiden and they seemed fine, I said sure...

She definitely did different needles (and more of them)...mostly legs then 4 in my stomach area, and only 1 in each hand...she turned on music, put a heat warmer on my feet and left to make me the herb formula (she mixes it herself and then you have the option of doing whole (to brew as a tea), ground down to a powder that you can mix with water, or ground down and then put into capsules (bad thing about that is that you need to take a LOT of pills to get the full amount of herbs)...I picked the capsules (cause I dont like things that taste bad)...

While she was gone, I fell completely asleep - and had very real dreams - even though it was only 30 minutes...I have NEVER fallen asleep like that before...I really liked it (think the foot warming really helped)...

And, she told me exactly what she was thinking and exactly what she was doing...she was very matter of fact, and thats very me (I dont need warm and cuddly, I need something that works)...

Anyway, I got 200 pills and it was only $36 (which I think is a good deal)...only bad thing it that she wants me to take 6 pills 2x/day (OMG that is a lot of pills!)...anyway, what is in it is:
1. Bu zhong yi qi tang (this is the base herb) - to raise qi
2. shu di huang - blood builder (cause my blood this AF hasnt been much and has been pink/mucousy)
3. xu duan - tonify liver/kidney yang
4. gou qi zi - liver
5. tu si zi - kidney supplement

She said that I can keep up the Vitex, but she wasnt the biggest fan of it, and that if I see a lot of spotting after AF last cycle (thats really all we had to go by), I might want to stop it to see if that helps...

ANyway, I liked the appointment...
I actually have direction now, which I like...
And, we are probably going to do one more before O, and then one after O...

The only thing that I can concretely say is that my tooth (which I've had a dentist x-ray 3 times, and have drilled and filled 2 times - they keep saying that there is nothing wrong with it even though it has been uncomfortable on and off for years) which has been hurting for a month (which is why I dont sleep that well at nigh latelyt) had been feeling better yesterday cause I put a prescription fluoride treatment on it (from my dentist), and it was starting to hurt this moring, and was noticeably hurting (not my normal terrible hurt, but definitely not comfortable) by the time I was at the appointment...it stopped hurting about 2 hours after the appointment...I am definitely not going to say that the acupuncture worked on that, but in a few days, if it is still not hurting, then I will be a very happy camper...

Anyway, thats the story...she said that everything looks pretty good, and we will see from my chart what happens from here
June 24th, 2011, 07:19 PM
Coley's Avatar Platinum Supermommy

Soooo glad you had such a fabulous appt!! She sounds like she's exactly what you need and a much better fit to your personality. One of the things Randine said in her book was how important it was to find a doctor that you feel comfortable with. It sounds like you may have finally done that.

I honestly wouldn't be one bit surprised if your tooth pain is gone due to your session. I'm telling you... Danny felt results after his very first session and you've seen how quickly I've been responding to mine.

Oh I'm so for you!!!

June 24th, 2011, 08:51 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm a goof! I read your other post first and wanted an update and it was here! Glad you found someone you like and that gives you the info you want and deserve! You're timing for starting with her couldn't be more perfect!!!

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 25th, 2011, 09:08 AM
KCMomma's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Oh Tonya I'm soooo happy for you!!! This lady seems right up your alley!!! I couldn't believe how relaxed I was after just one session with my AL! And it just gets better. Do you feel overall more positive too? I know I did! It helps knowing too that you have a plan now. I'm totally like that! Well, I sure hope it all works for you and I totally agree with her about letting yourself live every now and then! Yes, stick to your diet but if you really want a bowl of ice cream...by God have it!!! Good luck this cycle!! And please, kup!

Thank you Julka for my beautifully, perfect siggy!!

June 25th, 2011, 12:01 PM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCMomma View Post
Do you feel overall more positive too? I know I did!
Gwen, I totally feel more positive and relaxed

Tonya, it is crazy how much alike our acupuncturists are she is exactly the same I think I countedmy needles and there were around 23 I also fell asleep!! I am so glad that she worked out and you liked her!!! I take both wheatgrass and royal jelly and they are helping!!! They are the only supplements that I am taking

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

June 25th, 2011, 06:11 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tammy!!! So glad you are back...now is THE time

Gwen, I feel content...like in my insides, does that even make anything close to sense? Its the only way I can describe it...

Megan- I got my wheat grass today (I got pills, OMG, the recommend 7 pills 3x/day) - they are nuts, I'm gonna try to do 3 pills 3x/day, but thats the best I can do...funny thing is that Kaiden loves the wheat grass pills...he ate three of them today straight - take that little boy who refuses to eat your vegetables, HAA!! I got Royal Jelly pills also, cause that was all they had...

Can not believe how many pills I'm taking:
Herbs: 6 pills 2x/day = 12 pills/day
Multi (ordered it but havent gotten it yet - though I have to admit, the more I read, the less sure I am that I'm actually going to take these right now, they have WAY too high of a percent of some things in them (for example:
Quote:
Mega Antioxidants

Serving Size: 3 Tablets

Amount per serving %DV*

VITAMIN A (AS BETA CAROTENE) 15000.0 IU 300%

VITAMIN C (AS CALCIUM, POTASSIUM, MAGNESIUM, & ZINC ASCORBATES) 1300.0 mg 2170%

VITAMIN D (AS CHOLECALCIFEROL) 450.0 IU 110%

VITAMIN E (AS D-ALPHA TOCOPHERYL SUCCINATE) 450.0 IU 1500%

VITAMIN K (AS PHYLLOQUINONE) 60.0 mc 75%

VITAMIN B1 (AS THIAMINE HCL) 27.0 mg 1800%

RIBOFLAVIN 27.0 mg 1590%

NIACIN (AS NIACIN AND NIACINIMIDE) 40.0 mg 200%

VITAMIN B6 (AS PYRIDOXINE HCL) 27.0 mg 1350%

FOLATE (AS FOLIC ACID) 1000.0 mcg 250%

VITAMIN B12 (AS CYANOCOBALAMIN) 60.0 mcg 1000%

BIOTIN 300.0 mcg 100%

PANTOTHENIC ACID (AS D-CALCIUM PANTOTHENATE) 90.0 mg 900%
- anyway, if I do decide to take them, I will take 1 pill/day of each of the two bottles not the 3 that they recommend): 1 of each = 2 pills/day
Fish oil (got it from Vital Choice which I heard was the best): 3 pills/day
Royal Jelly: 1 pill/day
Wheat grass (not doing the 7px3): 3 pills 3x/day = 9 pills/day
= 27 pills per day...good lord!

So far, my temp was messed up this morning cause Kaidens freaky jumper toy that we never put away started going off at 5:30am randomly and it woke me up and then I had to pee, so I temped then...not too worried, it probably would have been right around 97.0 is I'd temped at my normal time (7am)...good thing though (and way TMI), I have had solid poops, and good ones...I judge things by poop, and these are good, so hooray

2 weeks until the real action begins so I'm trying to figure out a way to just relax for the next two weeks, will see how that goes
June 26th, 2011, 07:04 AM
Micksbabe's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
7 pilss 3x a day I only take 5 and I dissolve them in 12 oz of water and then drink it!! My royal jelly is mixed with honey, so it is like taking a tsp of honey everyday which isn't to bad!!

I am also doing the supercharged hormone diet (it is a book) it helps to detoxify your body and helps to put your hormones back in sync I know you are already eating extremely healthy though

Thank you Bokkechick for my gorgeous siggie

June 26th, 2011, 07:29 AM
Hooray for normal poops!! If there's anyone who can relate to that particular part, it's probably me!

June 26th, 2011, 11:53 AM
Dóchas's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Dóchas
Don't you just love normal poop lol
So glad you had a great appointment it really sounds like found found a great acupuncturist. Here's hoping that it all works out for you.
We need an acupuncture bfp storm soon.

[SIZE="3"]

June 26th, 2011, 12:34 PM
Amen to that Becks!!!

June 26th, 2011, 06:57 PM
NortheastWifey's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Tonya, I am soooooo glad your appt with the new woman went well! That makes SO much of a difference! She sounds awesome. And I think content is the perfect word to describe how I felt after acupuncture, too. Eeek! I'm so excited for you! I think all of this is really going to help.

Hollie
June 26th, 2011, 08:25 PM
Tammyms's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh man Tonya your pill schedule sounds like mine! I'm still on a ton of stuff and TCM guy has me on 2 herbs... the names are too long, but one of them for fertility he wants me taking 2 pills 3x's per day, and the other one will help with PCOS issues specifically and he wanted me taking 5 pills 4x's a day! My stomach couldn't handle that many so the PCOS ones I'm doing 3 pills 3 times a day for now... but after just 1 day of taking them my EWCM is there like it's never been before! And part of what the pill does is loosen up mucus, so score!

Make a pregnancy ticker
June 27th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Wow! I don't envy you girls with all your pills... but I'm sure ya'll don't envy me with all my herbs though!!

Tam - Lookin' through your charts, I saw you got your BFP after 3 months of acupuncture. Hopefully it's quicker this time... but definitely no longer! 3 months seems to be the magic number with TCM stories.

Content really is the perfect word... I remember using it to describe how I felt to the Dr. after my 2nd session.

I'm so for all of us! The TCM buddies seem to be multiplyin' by the minute!!! WOOT WOOT for all natural fertility solutions!!!

June 30th, 2011, 03:21 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Glad that seems seem to be heading in the right direction!!

July 5th, 2011, 01:28 PM
CandaceDianne's Avatar Lilyan's Mommy
glad your appointment went so well and your results are wonderful!

Born June 5, 2010
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search