Question about FRERs

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTC #1 Grads TTC Another LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 20th, 2011, 03:47 PM
amazing_love's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
i tested this morning and you know how it is when you are trying really hard to see that second line. Well i was looking really hard in different lightings. I'm only 9 DPO so i figured it would be really light if there was one. If i held it at just the right angle in just the right lighting it seemed as though i could see a very faint 2nd line but i couldn't ever get a good look at it because it was so faint. I've assumed it was where the second line was supposed to be if there was one, you know? I know with some tests i could see where the second line would be but it wasn't really a pink color. So i guess my question is with the FRER tests has anyone else noticed this type of thing when its negative?

October 20th, 2011, 05:06 PM
fromustobaby's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
this time around I got my positive at 8DPO (with an Answer - same as FRER)...two DAYS later, I got my HCG and it was only 29...the FRERs are super super sensitive right now, so, if I were a betting person - I'd say that you are PREGNANT
October 20th, 2011, 06:03 PM
But if they are super sensitive wouldn't that mean it would have already shown a positive if i was pregnant?

October 20th, 2011, 07:44 PM
So i went on twoweekwait.com in the pee stick picture section there are soooo many pics of different brands and it looked like a lot of people got really faint positives with FRERs around 9-11 DPO so i'll probably try a dollar tree test tomorrow morning.

October 21st, 2011, 07:01 AM
if you are really early as you are, its probably accurate that it show that faint if you are pregnnat,,, which is possible! yay! KUP!
October 21st, 2011, 10:21 AM
gonna warn you, my dollar tree test wasnt an actual positive till 14DPO...I was freaking out cause the Answers were getting darker, but the dollar tree was negative forever...

Krista-
Can you still see the line on the FRER still?
The EPT digital is super sensitive...so for me, it is the end all be all...if you see any sort of line on that FRER, take an EPT digi, and I bet you will get a pregnant...
October 21st, 2011, 01:02 PM
Really? Good to know! I saw some people got + really early with the dollar trees so i figured it should be about the same. Same sort of result this morning with the it.. i had to look REALLY hard and i think what i've been seeing is the clear line where the second line would be. I can't ever really see pink for sure its soooooo light. I'm probably going to wait a couple days and use another FRER on Sunday. That will tell me for sure. By then i'll be 12 DPO and if i am pregnant it should definitely show darker. My eyes are tired of squinting so much! haha

Well i threw the test away because i figured no point in keeping a negative test. I checked probably 5-8 hours later that day and it looked the exact same as right after i took it. Why?

BTW ladies who are needing more tests- I bought a pack of 2 of the FRER at Target for a great price. It included an extra test as well so it was actually 3. The price was $8 and then if you go to the first response website you can print off a coupon for $2 off which made it $6 for 3 tests!!! $2 per test!!

October 22nd, 2011, 12:13 PM
good luck with the FRER tomorrow...and that is a GREAT deal on FRERs~!
October 23rd, 2011, 04:56 AM
rmarie9509's Avatar Liam's Mommy
Send a message via AIM to rmarie9509 Send a message via Skype™ to rmarie9509
clear blue digitals at walmart are only 8 or 9 dollars and really sensitive too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search