What do you do?

TTCAL Cycle Groups

In Limbo, 6+ months, 2 week wait, 2 week wait to O.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Cycle Groups LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 10th, 2009, 07:18 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
What do you do when you feel you are at you wits end? Or haven't you gotten their yet? Last cycle I told DH how hard it was getting to keep ttc... We had hit our 13 month.... with 2 losses. Now I sit her 14 months 3 losses later now. What do you tell yourself? Do you have to keep talking your self into going on? I am almost done this M/C. I will be in the 2ww to Ovulate. The Dr has said continue to try.. But... I am tierd, I am scared to go through a 4th loss. And at this point... 3,4, 5.... am I just going to keep counting?

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
September 10th, 2009, 10:26 PM
Mega Super Mommy
A wise person just told me that you just do it. You don't think about giving up. You just stop thinking about it so much and just do it. She has almost given up the idea of having kids and has decided nothing except that for the next few months they are taking a break from it all. And just going to enjoy each other and the life they have right now. Kim is a good example of that. They took the summer off and I am sure it was refreshing not to temp and stress all the time. Just convince yourself that it is not going to happen for a few months and that its ok for it not to. Once you taken a break mentally I hope you will come back refreshed and ready to give it all you've got. Actually what i really hope is that the mental break will yield you the surprise BFP we are all waiting on!

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

September 11th, 2009, 03:27 AM
Boble's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
for me.... over the last couple of months I have realised something that has been very refreshing. After 16 months of ttc and 2 m/c's I have realised that there is nothing I can do to make it happen. I have done the natropath thing, the acupuncture thing, the chinese herb thing.. I have taken my elevit religiously as well as evening primrose oil. DH has taken menevit.. only worn boxer shorts and keep his bits away from hot stuff (other then me lmao)... i have temped and used OPKs and we have done it at the right time month after month.... and, it hasn't made a lick of difference.

So.. for me, knowing that after ttc for 16 months and knowing that I have tried absolutely everything to make it happen.. and it hasn't... i now realise that I just need to sit back, relax... enjoy (if you know what I mean) and wait till it happens for me.. yes, it gets frustrating and yes.. i wish it happened 15 months ago ( hehe).. but, realising this has made things nicer and easier to live with.

When people say to me "it will happen when it happens" i just want to slap them.. so im not going to say that.. but, it will be my turn soon.. so, until then.. I need to look forward to the things I can do while not preg (for example... our local races is coming up in 2 weeks and man am I going to enjoy that and have a few drinks)... early oct I have a wedding to go to.. (again, im going to enjoy that) and my dh's bday is also in october... I will find something fun to do in November.. and we have christmas in December... so.. im letting go... im not letting ttc rule my world anymore. Im going to live life to its fullest again and im going to enjoy my bfp when it comes my way

I hope this rant helps

(side note... i still temp, because my cycles range from 29 days to 35 days it saves my sanity a bit not thinking that I *could* be preg if my af is "late" when in fact I have only just O'd. and I have just recently started taking my elevit again after a 2 month break... dh is back into his boxers and taking his menivit lol... so, we are still doing some of it.. but we did have a 2 month break from it all)

Thank you kiliki for my gorgeous siggy!
September 11th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Platinum Supermommy
For me it helps to have something else to focus on. If I can look forward to something in the future (like a trip or an event) I can focus on that date instead of my cycle dates. I think that living my life around TTC for 18 months has prevented me from living my life. I'd love to plan a winter holiday, but I don't think that we can afford it this year (thank you very much Mr. Recession). Right now I'm just trying to keep busy with things to do at home (and there's always something to do at home).
September 13th, 2009, 05:57 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Yeah, I feel the same way. Eveytime I have a loss I keep saying ....I can't do this anymore...but then I kick myself in the butt and say 'you can't give up'. But it is so hard. I've given myself to the end of this year. If even with the drs. help nothing comes out of it, I don't think I will continue trying anymore. I guess DH won't ever have to worry about birth control...hahaha.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

September 14th, 2009, 03:40 AM
charm's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am still trying to figure out how to keep going I feel like I am going insane at the moment the only positive things I have today is I went to another forum its a clothes forum (authentic forum) and I spoke to a girl who I have known for about a year when I was there last I knew she was struggling to conceive ( She had tried ivf unsucessfully a number of times)well I just found out she has a 4 week girl after 3 m/c and that gave me hope I believe it can't get worse really it can't UP and BETTER is the only way!!! I am praying positive thinking will do the trick next time.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/267688
2 Angels as of 3/9/09 DD 10 DS 9 DD Born 20th June 2010

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search