Ok, I'm here

TTCAL Cycle Groups

In Limbo, 6+ months, 2 week wait, 2 week wait to O.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Cycle Groups LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 24th, 2009, 03:20 PM
starrsgirl's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here actually because I finally sucked it up, looked myself in the mirror and accepted that we are having trouble getting pregnant. I didn't want to have trouble getting pregnant! I already know I have trouble staying pregnant so this was a club I wanted to stay out of.

But I'm feeling really discouraged and bummed about how long this is all taking. We first started TTC seriously August '08. I got pregnant the first cycle and had my 2nd loss at 10.5 weeks. We tried for a few months after the loss. Then, I had some meltdowns and we went back on the pill for a few months. I have been off the pill for going on 7 months now.

Lately, I'm frustrated because my ob/gyn doesn't want to see me until I have "tried" for a year...as in, counting from AFTER we stopped birth control again. It seems like so long especially when nothing is happening and we are doing everything perfectly by the book.

I'm at the point now where friends have gotten pregnant long after my loss have now had babies! That blows my mind. Anyway, I'm here and bummed and want to hang out with ladies that are as frustrated as me!

Missing 2 little beans (Aug 07, Oct 08)
Blog (Running with Emmett)

October 24th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Sue46's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Liz have you thought of changing Dr?

I'm sorry your here too.

October 24th, 2009, 07:41 PM
I'm active duty military so I get what i get. But, we are PCS'ing in Feb. So, I will get a new doctor automatically in Feb. It just seems so far away, ya know?

October 25th, 2009, 05:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
oh big hugs Liz. I think I remember that you were not sure if you were ovulating, and so you were going to try charting, did you ever do that? Not that it would be good if something was wrong with your cycle, but it would be easier to convince a Dr. not to make you wait a year for help. Want us to "make up" a chart for you?

I'm sorry you're here too. It's totally unfair
*Forever missing our three butterfly angel babies*
~December 08~ ~May 09~ ~September 09~
Proudly breastfeeding, pumping, and cloth diapering my little sweet pea!

October 25th, 2009, 06:26 AM
Sue46's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You are the active duty military member or is your DH? I know the member has no real choice in the matter but if your a dependent like me you can call tricare and request a new PCM.

October 25th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I am active...so yeah, I'm kinda stuck.

Also, Kristin, I'm a mouth breather. I tried temping for a few weeks and my temps seemed inconsistent. Then I read somewhere that mouth breathing could be the culprit. So then I got frustrated and quit. Do you think I should give it another go?

October 25th, 2009, 09:57 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I've never tried vaginally temping... but I've heard it works. I don't know, it seems kind of an odd thing to do first thing in the morning! I wonder if "under the armpit" would work..,

Anyways, how long did you try it out for? If it wasn't for a complete cycle, then I'd give it another go. It's possible that your temp was erratic just because it was the beginning of the cycle - or it could have been a sign that you didn't ovulate that cycle, which is important to know. It could definitely be mouth breathing too, I don't know too much about that. I'm just trying to think of what the Dr.'s might ask of you next year if you aren't pregnant yet - I suppose if they can't confirm your ovulation by temperature shift, they'd want to do it by ultrasounds or bloodtests. If you've already tried temping, than that's at least something you can tell them you've done.
*Forever missing our three butterfly angel babies*
~December 08~ ~May 09~ ~September 09~
Proudly breastfeeding, pumping, and cloth diapering my little sweet pea!

October 25th, 2009, 10:00 AM
No, I didn't try for a whole cycle...I just got randomly mad about it and quit...haha.

AF is due on Saturday...I suppose that would be a great time to start. Maybe if I focus on just getting the data down for 1 month, no matter what...I'll be able to see it through.

October 25th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Liz I agree with Kristin. I have not temped either but if/when i start i will be in the same boat as you (mouth breather). I would try for an entire cycle and not worry about what the data actually means for the first cycle. It would help you stop getting frusterated with what the temps mean and just get used to the act of taking the temp.

I hate that you are here but I am happy you have accepted where you are and can be ready to move to the next step (whatever that might be).

Thanks Chelsea (GraysMama) for my fantastic signature!

Life as it is...

Love your angel babies for making you the person you are!

October 25th, 2009, 01:56 PM
Kary♥RN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Kary♥RN Send a message via Yahoo to Kary♥RN
I am a mouth breather... As for my temps... they are just lower than the non mouthbreather.. I still get crosshairs... What I have found is I temp on the side I am laying on... (I am side/stomach sleeper) So what ever cheek is on the pillow that is the check I temp on.... brings my temps up... but you just have to remember that when you open your eyes!!

Thank you GraysMama For my BEAUTIFUL Siggy!!!

BFP 11/09/08 M/C 11/11/08 BFP 01/02/09 M/C 01/29/09 BFP 08/26/09 M/C 10/02/09 Missing our 3 Angles
October 25th, 2009, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kary♥RN View Post
I am a mouth breather... As for my temps... they are just lower than the non mouthbreather.. I still get crosshairs... What I have found is I temp on the side I am laying on... (I am side/stomach sleeper) So what ever cheek is on the pillow that is the check I temp on.... brings my temps up... but you just have to remember that when you open your eyes!!
That's really funny!!! I will try to remember that too!

October 27th, 2009, 11:05 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Whooda thunk you'd be pregnant when this post was first posted? WOOT WOOT!!

I had a funny feeling perhaps before the big guns were pulled out you'd get pregnant!

October 30th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Trish36's Avatar Mom of 4
Isn't it funny how things work...you were already pregnant when you were writing this.

Project 365 - 2012: http://trisha2012.wordpress.com/

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my gorgeous siggy!

November 2nd, 2009, 02:43 PM
Veteran
Hmm...I'm sensing a bit of a theme here....some people have come here and already been, or just about to be pregnant.....here's hoping for everyone else lurking and posting!
fingers crossed.
2 moggies, 1 dog, 4 chooks, a tankful of tropical fish
"Newbie" always remembered with love

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search