Cycle Group 2WW to O thread

TTCAL Cycle Groups

In Limbo, 6+ months, 2 week wait, 2 week wait to O.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To TTCAL Cycle Groups LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
August 7th, 2011, 07:42 PM
Celena's Avatar Proud JM hostess
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Of course you can jump in ANYtime!!!!

How are you feeling this cycle? What are you doing besides the obvious lol

August 8th, 2011, 06:15 AM
pepper73's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi ladies! I am waiting to O as well. I took soy this cycle (120 mg) so I have no idea what to expect. I hope I O by the end of the week as my BF & I are going our separate ways over the weekend to bachelor/bachelorette parties. If I O then, I will be very upset!

Celena, what does Vitex do?
August 8th, 2011, 07:46 AM
lindsey2000k's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via Yahoo to lindsey2000k
Hi ladies I am forcing my self to post to try and distract from whats going on here.

I am trying soy for the first time and started out with 160mg... I hope I can get some good news this month.

http://lindseysphotography.com/
August 8th, 2011, 02:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsey2000k View Post
Hi ladies I am forcing my self to post to try and distract from whats going on here.

I am trying soy for the first time and started out with 160mg... I hope I can get some good news this month.
I hope you get good news too Lindsey! You totally deserve it! How are you holding up?
August 8th, 2011, 03:21 PM
sweet.hun's Avatar We're Complete <3
Quote:

I hope it works for you! I was going to try Soy this cycle but unfortunately with the Flagstaff trip DH and I took it was not possible.

Always missing my 3 angels. 2/9/06, 3/12/11, 5/22/12
August 8th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Think4Yourself's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
OH- DUH! I posted in the wrong area earlier lol! I am on CD 20 I think I ovulated early. Here's my chart if any one is a chart stalker 313dde Ovulation charts on FertilityFriend.com Feeling very PMS'y and crampy so far so who knows.

August 8th, 2011, 09:26 PM
Send a message via ICQ to Celena Send a message via MSN to Celena Send a message via Yahoo to Celena Send a message via Skype™ to Celena
Vitex is a great general tonic for women especially for irregularities going on and infertility hormone imbalances as well as much more.

If I'
m going to do soy this cycle I better find my bottle of it! ASAP

August 9th, 2011, 05:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper73 View Post
I hope you get good news too Lindsey! You totally deserve it! How are you holding up?
I am still not doing so good. I feel like my heart has been ripped out. Its really bothering me that I dont know what happen. I don't think he just fell and died I think something happen while he was running up the steps. The visuals of the night keep running through my head and are haunting me. I am also having a really hard time going near the steps because I keep seeing him laying there.
I have a really busy week so not sure if that is a good thing or bad.

So far not noticing any side effects from the SOY so thats good. I think I am going to start my OPK's at 8DPO since I don't know if I will O early or late on the soy.

August 9th, 2011, 07:48 AM
Shadeauxe's Avatar It's me
I believe I will be in here starting tomorrow. Time to go renew my prescription.
August 9th, 2011, 10:32 AM
Caydence's Avatar Veteran
I have to ask, what exactly is Vitex?

I'm feeling ok this cycle. A little nervous. I have an appointment tomorrow morning with my OB about the miscarriages I've had. I think I O'd a couple days ago, which is right around the right time. Got lots of BD'ing in. Now waiting to see what sort of symptoms I get. I still have watery CM, normal for me a couple days post O.

How are all of you?

Lindsey, I'm so sorry about your sweet little puppy! My heart broke reading your post. How does that even happen?? My heart goes out to you. There's a place online, Rainbows Bridge Home Page...

"All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown"
Caydence & Chantry Expecting #1 & 2 with 4 angels
August 9th, 2011, 07:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So I'm thinking that the O is not going to happen this cycle... not too worried; sounds like it's pretty normal first cycle post loss... I've been taking this

Wish Garden

that my midwife recommended and I really have felt a difference in the last week. Everything just feels more "normal" than it has since my loss. I'm starting to have some pink tinged discharge so I think my body is gearing up for AF. Before my pregnancy I had a really regular 25 day cycle and I'm anxious to see what happens next! So I'm expecting to be hanging out with you ladies here for at least a couple more weeks!

August 10th, 2011, 10:47 AM
KaiyaRae'sMomma's Avatar Forever missing Kaiya Rae
Hi Ladies. I'm jumping in here. I'm in cycle #3 of TTC #2 after losing sweet Kaiya Rae. I'm currently waiting to O. We are DTD every other day until CD14 (so CD8,10,12,14) then every day CD14-16, then back to every other day until I don't feel like DTD anymore or we get a BFP or AF. If I don't get my BFP this cycle I get to start charting, yay! I promised DH we would try for 3 months with no fancy pants techniques or charting or anything, just DTD a lot, but that if we didn't get a BFP after 3 months, I would start charting to increase our chances. He agreed. Sooo...what are some non-obvious things I can do to increase my chances, that DH wouldn't see as part of TTC? Like grapefruit juice for fertile CM. Anyone have any good ones?

Thank you Alethia for my siggy!

Read my blog: www.grievingmomma.wordpress.com
August 11th, 2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celena View Post
Vitex is a great general tonic for women especially for irregularities going on and infertility hormone imbalances as well as much more.
Thanks!! Can you take it throughout the cycle?

Quote:
I am still not doing so good. I feel like my heart has been ripped out. Its really bothering me that I dont know what happen. I don't think he just fell and died I think something happen while he was running up the steps. The visuals of the night keep running through my head and are haunting me. I am also having a really hard time going near the steps because I keep seeing him laying there.
I have a really busy week so not sure if that is a good thing or bad.
I'm so sorry! I can totally understand how much harder it must be to not only have it happen so unexpectedly, but to also have so many unanswered questions. There is also, I'm sure, those feelings of "what if" that don't help either. I hope that keeping busy helps you, but remember it's also important to let yourself feel your grief. Too many people blow off the loss of a pet and say insensitive things like "it was just a dog" but they don't understand that our pets are not "just a dog" (or cat, rabbit, horse, etc)...they are truly family members and the loss cuts just as deeply as if we lose a human family member. All of us here understand and are here for you.
August 11th, 2011, 08:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caydence View Post
There's a place online, Rainbows Bridge Home Page...

"All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor. Those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by. The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent. His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown"
I lost my Golden Retriever 10 months ago and I still can't read this without bawling. It is so beautiful.
August 14th, 2011, 06:21 AM
How is everyone holding up in here?
I am CD 11 and opks are just being weird. I have noticed with the soy this month my temps seem really stable and not all over the plave.

August 14th, 2011, 05:18 PM
Lindsey sorry about your sweet puppy I know your pain sweetie. I hope that things are looking up for you.

Vitex is also known as Chastetree berry
What is Vitex or Chaste berry?
Vitex agnus-castus (chaste berry) is a well-known herb that has been used for centuries for hormonal imbalances in women. Vitex is one of the oldest phytomedicines. The ancient Greek physicians reported its use in suppressing the libido. Using medicines similar to modern indications, they recommended it as an aid in external wound heeling, complaints of the spleen, and for use in child birth. The English have used Vitex or Chaste berry to suppress the libido as did the Catholic Church, which had it placed in the pockets of neophyte monks to help in their vow of chastity. Early American physicians used it to stimulate lactation and as an emmenagogic. However, there is no contemporary scientific literature to suggest that Vitex or Chaste Berry actually does suppress the libido.

How can Vitex or Chaste berry help me in getting pregnant?
The key to getting pregnant, besides general health and well being, is ovulation and regular menstrual cycles. Vitex or chaste berry has an excellent track record in relieving complaints in women, caused by hormonal imbalances, known as Premenstrual Syndrome. It may also be helpful for women with PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) who do not have a normal menstrual cycle. These women thus donít ovulate or menstruate and cannot get pregnant. The condition when a woman does not have any menstruation at all is known as amenorrhea.

A large percentage of these menstrual problems are related to insufficient progesterone during the luteal phase of the menstrual cycle, which is called a luteal phase defect or corpus luteum insufficiency. A corpus luteum insufficiency is defined as an abnormally low progesterone level 3 weeks after the onset of menstruation. Insufficient levels of progesterone may result in the formation of ovarian cysts. In addition, some women suffering fro PCOS have too much prolactin, which can inhibit fertility. Vitex may help with both of these problems

How does Vitex or Chaste berry work?
Vitex or Chaste tree berry acts on the hypothalamus and pituitary glands by increasing luteinizing hormone (LH) production and mildly inhibiting the release of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH). This results in a shift in the ratio of estrogen to progesterone, with a rise in progesterone. The ability of chaste tree berry to raise progesterone levels in the body is an indirect effect, so the herb itself is not a hormone.

Lack of menstruation or amenorrhea caused by a lack of ovulation, suggests that the body is producing enough FSH to stimulate the ovaries, and that the ovaries can develop follicles. But here the body is not secreting enough progesterone that they may release that egg. In such women, follicular production of estrogen is sufficient to cause the lining of the uterus (endometrium) to grow and that the sloughed endometrium is able to pass through the cervical opening and the vagina, causing menstruation. Therefore itís possible that the problem is a dysfunction in the hypothalamus or pituitary glands. Vitex or chaste berry can be used in such women to alter the hypothalamus or pituitary function for treating amenorrhea (infertility).

Chaste berry is useful for reducing high prolactin levels. High levels of the hormone prolactin are commonly associated with leutal phase defect can also be treated with Vitex. It inhibits prolactin release by the pituitary gland, especially when you are under stress.

How effective is Vitex or Chaste berry?
Vitex works exceptionally well and you will notice tremendous relief around your third or fourth menstrual cycle after you begin taking the Vitex. But when using Vitex or chaste berry, donít expect immediate results. It may not have much effect until it is taken for at least 3-6 months. Remember that Vitex or chaste berry is not a hormone. Itís not the same as taking progesterone and you cannot expect a withdrawal bleed a few days as you would if you were taking progesterone or synthetic progestins.

How much Vitex or Chaste berry should I take?
Every woman is unique and so is her physiology. So the amount and form of Vitex or chaste berry you need wonít be the same as for someone else. Seek guidance from a licensed naturopathic physician, who would have extensive knowledge of herbs and botanical medicines. Vitex or chaste berry is very safe ad can be taken daily for up to 18 continuous months, unless pregnancy occurs. It is usually taken in the morning as a single daily dose.

As a general guideline, your daily dose could be:
60 drops of Vitex tincture, standardized to contain 6% agusides.
175 mg. or more of standardized Vitex extract, standardized to contain 6% agusides.

You can also take a blend which includes Vitex like Fertilaid for Women to help you balance your hormones and induce ovulation.

August 14th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Hey Celena,
After your ectopic did you notice a huge change in your body?
Ever since I have not been noticing EWCM like I use to have. I did not have to have the surgery and still have both tubes. I was going to have a HSG done but the DR said he really doesnt feel it is critial.

August 16th, 2011, 08:45 PM
Lindsey I have noticed some changes, but I don't know exactly when they started in the timeline of my losses... I hate that I lost a tube and I have stenosis in my right. BUT I can still get pregnant :-)

When I take DHEA and the soy iso's I do get decent CM, but not always. What all have you tried taking supplement wise?

I know taking robitussin (guasifin sp?) really does help

August 17th, 2011, 06:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celena View Post
Lindsey I have noticed some changes, but I don't know exactly when they started in the timeline of my losses... I hate that I lost a tube and I have stenosis in my right. BUT I can still get pregnant :-)

When I take DHEA and the soy iso's I do get decent CM, but not always. What all have you tried taking supplement wise?

I know taking robitussin (guasifin sp?) really does help

I did soy this month and tried Musinex for a couple days and then forgot to take it..lol I was putting it in my pill case so I would not forget but it made them all taste nasty. I was also having to blow my nose and sneeze way to much like everything was letting lose... expet my CM.. LMAO
Maybe I will try DHEA next month. I think I am going to be out this month since its now been 7 days since we have DTD. I have not Oed yet or had a positive OPK so I know I am still not 100% out yet.

August 19th, 2011, 09:19 AM
Mega Super Mommy
So here I sit, CD 10, hoping and praying that I O this cycle and that it turns into the stickiest BFP ever....

How's everyone else???

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search