catch up time!!

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Retired Pumpers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 14th, 2010, 09:02 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
This was my idea and I haven't put any pictures. So here are some.

Alex cleaning

October 14th, 2010, 11:29 AM
mutleysweet's Avatar a May 2009 mommy :D
@patty: wow look at those cute pajamas! alex is really smart look at him pile up his toys to get to the tv
October 15th, 2010, 06:09 PM
CalFan's Avatar Blue State of Mind
Ok, ladies, the party can start because I am here.

It's so great to see the pics of our not-so-little ones again! You are all going to laugh your butts off at me, but guess what is still sitting on a shelf in my basement? Yes, my friend, confidant, and soulmate, my pump. I just haven't been able to part with it. I listed it on craigslist, and then never responded to any replies... I just holds such a special place in my heart.

For your viewing pleasure: a video. Douglas' latest thing is whispering "Mommy" and then arguing with me over who's Mommy I am. He's a bit possessive...

We're doing good. We bought a house a few months ago; I'm working and LOVING my job. Douglas is doing great in daycare and talking up a storm. He's trouble though. Oh boy! We have our hands full!

October 16th, 2010, 12:45 AM
shortlette's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey Cheryl .... so pleased you found us here!!

Get over it and sell that pump!!!!!!!!

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy
October 17th, 2010, 11:19 AM
Cheryl!!!!!!!!!!!!! Woohoo!!!!!!!!!!Missed you girl Nice to see an update from you. i can totally relate about not being able to sell the pump. I have NO intention of selling my reliable PISA. Dh and I are going back and forth on when our next baby would be but I am bent on breastfeeding the second time around and if it doesnt work out, going longer on EP. I can't wait for that, actually.

How does it feel to be working again?
October 17th, 2010, 12:35 PM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
aw Patty!!! he is so cute!!!!! love the hair!!!

Cheryl!!!!!!!!!!! how you doing?
dont worry about the pump thing. i still got mine. and i am totally weird. i still got one frozen bag in my freezer. i stopped pumping 16 months ago. eeeek! i feel like everytime i see it, it reminds me of what i did. and how i far exceeded my expectations.
ok, after reading this i know i am a freak!!!!!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

October 17th, 2010, 02:34 PM
CalFan's Avatar Blue State of Mind
Patty, I meant to say that I am so jealous of Alex's super-dreamy eyes.

Iryn, I love, love, love working - I think it helps that I've found a job that perfectly matches my skills and crazy job history. They're also very family-friendly, and DH and I commute together! Woot! Are you working?

Kerian, you know, I would have loved to have saved some frozen BM. Douglas had the worst diaper rash ever due to several courses of antibiotics for ear infections. I knew BM would have cleared it up, but I didn't have any.

Douglas does really well at school, but he does get sick a lot. Technically this is ear infection #3, but it's lasted 6 weeks now. We keep having to change antibiotics. I know Kyla was sick a lot too. It's so hard, isn't it?

Ok, you may think this is totally weird, but do you ever get phantom let-downs? Every now and then when I'm snuggling with Douglas I get what feels like a let-down, but no milk, of course. It's so strange!!

October 18th, 2010, 09:13 AM
Cheryl, that video is so stinky adorable He's so big. oh yeah! I'm so glad you are back!!!!!!!!!!! Missed you.
Iryn, he's a daredevil

October 18th, 2010, 11:34 AM
@Cheryl: Yep, working as well.. And studying. Having one year of maternity leave and then suddenly all these things happening at the same time. I was totally overwhelmed at first, but now I'm doing fine

@ Patty: he's such a cute daredevil

@ Kerian: I read about Kyla's ear infections before in facebook. How's it going with your little princess? Did she get the operation you were talking about? Did it suddenly get better?

(It really sucks when our babies are sick. Tristan has a fever today as well. )
October 18th, 2010, 11:41 AM
it totally sucks when they are sick. Kyla had over 6 courses of antibiotics in 2 months. she kept getting chest infections and bronchial pneumonia. finally one doc suggested we test her ears and they were totally filled with fluid. when she had her tubes put in, he said her ears were filled with pus, and that was after a week of antibiotics. 6 months later and hasnt been back to the doc yet. best thing we ever did.
Cheryl it is so hard!!! and letting her go in for the op was the hardest thing i have ever decided to do. but boy has it been a life saver.

and yes, i do get phantom letdowns. weird hey?

October 18th, 2010, 12:57 PM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hi everyone!

i LOVE seeing how grown up all our toddlers are!!! until recently, i tried to pop on here a few times every week. but my job has gotten super busy. i barely have time to eat lunch anymore! anyways, i LOVE my job, busy as it may be. in my limited time at home, jacob is running and climbing everywhere. seriously, the kids driving me nuts standing on the coffee table and jumping on the beds! he is a spirited toddler, and i love him to bits! he is my life. he is still BFing morning and night. i can't believe we will hit 20 months next week! he only nurses for 5-10 min. i know he's not getting much milk b/c i went away overnight and skipped 2 feedings without too much discomfort. i may encourage the weaning process when he turns 2. i may keep going with the flow.

anyway, i miss you ladies, and i'm glad to get updates here!
October 18th, 2010, 01:23 PM
OMG, it's so awesome that he is still BF, WTG! I love it
I hear ya on the climbing, Alex is doing the same thing, it keeps you on your toes, doesn't it?
I'm glad that some girls are coming back and updating. I have miss you all so much.

October 19th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Katrina!!!!!!!!!
how are you?
Jacob is so cute!! and WTG on still BF. truly amazing!!! we weaned at 22 months, it was time for us. and it was easy, no pain at all. glad to hear work is going well!!!!!!

October 19th, 2010, 12:27 PM
Wow i missed you girls as well! can't believe its been awhile. and WTG Katrina!!! you should post new pics of Jacob
October 19th, 2010, 12:51 PM
Katrina-have I said how jealous I am that you are still BF?

October 20th, 2010, 12:46 AM
shortlette's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
great job Katrina!! I went to a conference a couple of weeks ago and that was it for us. Ollie hasn't asked and I haven't offered.

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy
October 21st, 2010, 03:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Hey girls! I am glad to see everyone! Luke is doing great- he will be 16 months tomorrow, and is just learning and growing so much! He can say about 15 words and knows some sign language too. He is running and climbing all over the place! I can't believe it has only been 4 months since I stopped BFing/Pumping because it seems like it was so long ago. I have just recently reeorganized and I put away all the baby stuff. I was kinda sad but I hope to be getting it back out in a year or a little more.

Expecting Baby #3, due September 9, 2014!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search