December chit chat

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Retired Pumpers LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
December 6th, 2010, 12:55 AM
shortlette's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
come on in girls .... what's going on? anyone got any news?

Thanks Jaidynsmum for my siggy
December 6th, 2010, 10:39 AM
mutleysweet's Avatar a May 2009 mommy :D
hi everyone!

sorry i have been on and off lately when it comes to logging in jm. i've been so busy with work, studies, and being a full-time mom. i have a lot of school work due so i dont have time to post.. but i lurk sometimes

we're celebrating christmas at dh's aunt & uncle's place which is about 12 minute walk from our place. we're looking forward to christmas. it's a different feeling when you have a child and it's quite nostalgic

how's everyone?
December 7th, 2010, 02:26 AM
Hey Iryn ... it's good to hear from you. It sounds like you are really busy. I hope you're happy. How is Tristan? He must be a real little man now.

We're good. Enjoying our summer (not missing the snow in Europe one bit) and settling into our new lives. Duncan has started volunteering with the Ambulance system one day a week which he's enjoying but he's also having fun staying at home with the boys two days a week.

December 7th, 2010, 07:21 PM
amberrose22's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to amberrose22 Send a message via Yahoo to amberrose22
Popping in to say hi. I've been so inactive I don't have enough room to catch everyone up! Libby turns 18 mo on Xmas day. She's such a super little girl and VERY very smart. SHe can say probably 50-100 words already which is WAY above average. She still amazes me everyday!

DH may be getting a job offer. If he does, we pretty much plan on abandoning my job and our house to move from Iowa to South Carolina. It would be a huge change for us but for the better. SO keep your fingers crossed for us! Hopefully if he gets it, I get to be a SAHM and he even agreed if he's making enough $ he'd be ok with having another baby. Before this, his answer was always "hell no!"
December 8th, 2010, 01:18 AM
Hey Amber - it sounds like Libby is doing great ... must be all that breastmilk Ollie is also a real talker ... so much more than Alex was at this age. I'm convinced that it's because he's just trying to keep up with his older brother.

I hope everything comes through with the job and move. When will you know? I hope you don't have to wait too long.

December 8th, 2010, 11:11 AM
kerian's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hey ladies!!!!!

so nice to see you all here!

Iryn, wow sounds like you really got your hands full.

Amber, i am so glad things are going well for you and DH! holding thumbs for you!

Charlette, so glad to hear you settled in there and loving it!

we are doing well. Kyla is just so stinking cute!

well gotta go make some blinkies for Charlotte, lol!

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful siggy

December 9th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Pitridge's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey girls. A quick note, so much to do so little time. We are doing good, Alex is doing great, he has grown 5 inches in 4 months He's talking up a storm in both languages, very smart kid (which sometimes it's not good) But what I am loving the most is how sweet he is, all the hugs and kisses that I get from him, it melts my heart and it makes all the stress of moving ho away.

December 12th, 2010, 07:12 AM
Patty, how is the packing going?

December 13th, 2010, 11:34 AM
It's going....I still have tons to do, but the people renting the house were nice and said that if I did not get everything done it was ok with them, so that's a relief. I'm loosing my mind......I hope that in a week, I'll be stress free

December 13th, 2010, 12:11 PM
when do you leave?
are you excited to see DH?

December 14th, 2010, 12:27 AM
hey Patty. I hope the last few days go ok. How are you doing with your mum there? I hope that she's helping and not hindering

December 14th, 2010, 03:59 PM
I leave on the 19th. I'm excited to see him, I miss him.......

My mom is here, she only helps with Alex, she does not help with the packing. Help with Alex is nice but help packing would be much nicer.

December 15th, 2010, 12:26 AM
that's really close! Safe travels ... I still haven't found out my friends address for you. I sent her a message on FB to get her address for a christmas card but she never wrote back

December 15th, 2010, 12:39 PM
mutleysweet's Avatar a May 2009 mommy :D
hope everything goes smoothly with the packing, patty! good luck with the travel!

how are the christmas preps going, girls?
December 21st, 2010, 09:15 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
hi ladies! good to get an update from everyone! patty - update us when you can about the move!

i have been SUPER busy! i have been at my new job for 7 months, and i love it. but i'm away long hours, so my time at home with jacob is limited and jam packed. sometimes i wonder how i balance it all, but it somehow works. jacob is doing great!!! he is still my little peanut (~23 lbs now at 22 months), but he's gotten taller. he was diagnosed with severe lactose intolerance. it's very severe. he was sick for a month with lots of tests before they figured out what was wrong. now that we eliminated all dairy/lactose from his diet, he is fine. it's an adjustment, but i've discovered a lot of nice alternatives (rice milk cheese, soy yogurt). and his pedi said he could have 1/2 lactaid chewable every once in a while (like on christmas day so he can indulge in the meal my mom cooks!). he is talking up a storm, stringing 6-7 word sentences together. funny for a kid who only had 1 word at 15 months! he's also very interested in letters and numbers - he got mommy's brains.

oh, and we're still BFing! morning and bedtime. i would like him to wean at 2, and i think i'll have to encourage the process. i'd love for him to self-wean, but 2 years is enough for me! plus i have baby fever (and things have been much better with DH), so i'm hoping to convince him to try for baby #2 this summer!

i hope everyone is enjoying the holiday season!!!
January 5th, 2011, 12:08 AM
thanks for the update Katrina ... sorry it has taken me so long to reply. How scary it must have been when Jacob was sick and you didn't know why. He tolerated cow's milk when you first introduced it didn't he???

Good luck with your baby fever!

January 5th, 2011, 09:50 AM
tela's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by shortlette View Post
thanks for the update Katrina ... sorry it has taken me so long to reply. How scary it must have been when Jacob was sick and you didn't know why. He tolerated cow's milk when you first introduced it didn't he???

Good luck with your baby fever!
he didn't have digestive issues when i introduced cows milk after a year, but he did break out in pretty bad eczema around his mouth (more indicative of a possible allergy than a lactose intolerance). the pedi said the lactose intolerance would have developed eventually, but that it was likely exacerbated by a stomach virus. he may outgrow it, he may not. his is so severe that he cannot handle yogurt. he got a hold of the sitter's son's milk sippy a couple weeks ago. 1 little sip caused 2 giant explosions that afternoon. and it causes his poor bum to be raw! so long as we stay away from lactose, he is healthy as can be!

just curious since they're about the same age - how big is ollie now?
January 5th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tela View Post
just curious since they're about the same age - how big is ollie now?
Ollie is a monster weight wise. 14 and some kg ... so that must be about 31lbs. He's always been solid though - we was 9lb 12oz at birth

January 8th, 2011, 05:30 AM
Hey girls! How's everyone doing?
I still haven't move, I'm back home with my family, I will leaving to go to Belgium in a week. Alex is having the time of his life, which I love, but it will be hell when it's just him and me all day....
How was everyone's x-mas?

January 8th, 2011, 05:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pitridge View Post
Hey girls! How's everyone doing?
I still haven't move, I'm back home with my family, I will leaving to go to Belgium in a week. Alex is having the time of his life, which I love, but it will be hell when it's just him and me all day....
How was everyone's x-mas?
Hey Patty! I was thinking about you the other day and wondering if you were in Belgium yet. At least it will just be a short, cheap ride to go stay with your family for a break.

We had a great Christmas in the sun ... here's a link to pics on Facebook

A Kiwi Christmas | Facebook

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search