Happy Mother's Day!

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 10th, 2009, 01:06 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Happy Mother's day, everyone! I hope everyone is having a special day today!

Funny story - this morning just as we sat down for Mass DH thought maybe Nathaniel needed his diaper changed. We did a quick nose check but he smelled fine. After a minute it occured to me to check Mary. Her diaper smelled really bad. I had left my diaper bag in the car but sometimes the bathroom at Church is stocked with diapers and wipes. So I brought her to the bathroom... no diapers. So I carried her out to the car, grabbed a diaper, walked all the way back to the bathroom... and discovered the wipes were out too. So I wet down some paper towels and undressed her. There was no poop! LOL she must have had bad gas or something. So I put her all together again, and went back to Church, I had missed everything up until the Gloria all for a non-poopy diaper. LOL Happy Mother's day to me.

May 10th, 2009, 01:14 PM
Julka
That is SOOO funny! I have days like that, when I am SURE at least ONE of the girls has a poopy diaper, but neither one does! It's frustrating, haha. Sorry you missed a big part of the Mass!

Today at the end of Mass the main priest gave a little speech about how children are becoming an "issue" at the Mass because they run around and misbehave and distrupt parishoners and what not. He kept saying how the area at the back of the Church, where the entrance is, is "NOT a playroom". It kind of annoyed me b/c, what do they expect?? They destroyed the "crying room" and turned it into a small Shrine, where there already was one, so now all the kids are INSIDE the Church... WHERE are they supposed to be? He kept insisting the importance of kids attending Mass and how they should listen to the readings and pray, etc. but at the same time he didn't really give us an option. Natasha is horrible right now and being as there is no crying room, we just leave her at home... So I am not sure what he's proposing.

On a lighter note, a random girl I don't even know gave me a fresh red rose in the elevator and wished me a happy mother's day today! I don't remember seeing her before, or how she knew I am a mom, I have no idea. But there are some sweet people in this world!
May 10th, 2009, 01:19 PM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww that's so sweet about the red rose, I'm such a sap it brought tears to my eyes, LOL. How annoying about the comments from the priest. I honestly can't believe he would say something like that... like I'm sure parents are already embarrassed by their children acting up and to make a public statement like that is sure to turn young families away. And to say it on Mother's Day no less!!

May 10th, 2009, 02:20 PM
Julka
Aww, Lizzy, LOL.

Yes, that priest... I like him because he usually says it like it is, he doesn't beat around the bush. But today's little speech was just out of place, I think. I am sure a lot of people were thinking that too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search