Baptismal Gown

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 7th, 2009, 05:34 AM
Julka
Have you saved your child's Baptismal gown/clothing they wore for the special day?
July 7th, 2009, 05:54 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, when I was pregnant with Nathaniel I bought a gender neutral baptismal gown (hard to come by these days) and both the kids have worn it. It's a very plain gown, but it has a lacey coat type thing that ties over it to dress it up for a girl, so Mary wore both layers with the bonnet.

July 7th, 2009, 06:07 AM
Julka
Both of my girls have used the same baptismal gown which I purchased when I was pregnant with Natasha, I think. It's very girly, a white dress with lace and everything, very beautiful. But girly. So if we have a boy next, I will be buying a different more boyish gown. But I am keeping this one anyway! And if we have a girl, she can use it too.
July 7th, 2009, 10:37 AM
Proud Happy Single Mom
Emily actually wore the baptismal gown that I wore when I was baptized.
July 7th, 2009, 11:32 AM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
The gown AJ was baptized in is also the one that my SIL, DH, SIL's 3 kids and AJ have all been baptized in. MIL is going to get all of the kids first names monogrammed on the inside in pink and blue depending on gender. MIL has it at her house.

PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

July 7th, 2009, 08:28 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
My maternal grandma died 3 weeks before our oldest was born. When going through her things my mom found the baptismal gown that she and all my aunts and uncles were baptized in and so both of our boys have been baptized in it. It is very old and thin and a little discolored but I am so thankful to have something special to put my kids in for there baptism.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search