Do you get sad?

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 8th, 2012, 11:52 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Sometimes when I'm confronted too much in one time period with issues like abortion just being OK with people I like and such it bums me out. Do you ever get sad about those kind of issues?

March 9th, 2012, 05:45 AM
Julka
I couldn't be friends with somebody who is pro-abortion. I also don't read abortion debates because some peoples' views just make my blood boil. But yes, to answer your question.
March 9th, 2012, 10:37 PM
I have a hard time coming up with any reason I can't be friends with somebody, but I do know that my friendships with people of viewpoints like that, can only go so deep.

March 10th, 2012, 08:45 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
I know how you feel. I struggle with that every day. I will never be ok with abortions, people lying, and all this negativity. All I can do is hope that I am living the best way I know how. Teaching my daughters to be good girls and love God. And have a good marriage.

If these different situations happen, I try to do my best to talk to that person but in the end it is their decision and at least I know I tried to help them.

March 10th, 2012, 07:02 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The choices and beliefs of others do make me sad in all aspects of life, from religion to parenting, but I can only control myself and trust that God will take care of the rest
March 11th, 2012, 10:30 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, but then I think about the disciples. When Jesus died on the cross, they must have felt SO hopeless and defeated. Like evil had triumphed. When I feel overwhelmed by it all, I try to remember that the story doesn't end there! Evil doesn't win in the end! Death doesn't win!
March 11th, 2012, 08:39 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, I feel sad about this kind of thing and I try not to read much about anything pro-abortion, or about how children are being hurt at any age. It breaks my heart. Especially knowing that some people would have chosen to abort their child if they found out the baby has the chromosome anomaly she does. All babies are gifts from God, and they are made they way He has chosen, for His reasons. But not everyone shares this view.
March 11th, 2012, 11:07 PM
Yeah, that last comment you made there is really hitting home to me right now as I have felt frustrations since January that all my midwife focused on about Terra's ultrasound was her spot on her heart is a soft marker for downs syndrome. My reactions was really SO!? IT'S SOMETHING ON HER HEART, DOWNS IS NOT MY CONCERN, in my head. I know downs and heart defects are often linked, hence the soft marker...but the idea that something is wrong with her heart is SO MUCH more troubling to me than the idea of her having downs. I've known people with downs, sweet wonderful people who I'm glad were in the world...of course I can say the same of heart defects, but there isn't a surgery that needs to be done to fix downs syndrome, there is for a heart defect, and surgery is a scary thought on my baby .

March 12th, 2012, 08:06 AM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Soft markers are very often false though, aren't they? Are they 100% certain there's something happening with your baby's heart? I'd find that more important information than having the doctor be concerned about Downs. So many of them just don't understand.

My OB, or rather the receptionist who works in her office, can be really negative too. Once she found out I have a daughter with a chromosome anomaly she started pushing for amnio. I said no. I will do the NT scan but I do not want to risk my baby with an amnio. I only have a 1% chance of this child having any chromosome issues. She did say it's not just for termination, and actually they push it because if there are any health issues they need to have more medical staff on standby when the baby's born. STILL, I'm NOT risking my child. Amnio scares me. I wish anyone who is in the business of helping babies be born would be positive about it and not go looking for problems that might not even be there.
March 12th, 2012, 09:18 AM
Yeah, the amnio test for downs (their concern in my case) doesn't even provide enough info for me to have considered it. It doesn't answer the question "Yes" or "No" and it risks my kid, so why on earth would I consider this?

And no, they aren't sure, which is why I have the ultrasound later this month. I'd be all done with ultrasounds already if we knew she was fine, but since she might not be I have one on the 26th to check.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search