Prayers please....***Updated with preliminary results in post 12***

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 16th, 2012, 11:11 AM
Lolly13's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I don't feel like typing out the whole story but after receiving a call on Tuesday from my doctor, I am awaiting amnio results on little one.... I went through this with Drew and he is perfectly healthy, so I am staying 'relatively' calm but I am still stressed. I know God has a plan, I just don't like waiting to find out what it is..... Thanks!

Thank you to Natasha for my incredible siggie!

Last edited by Lolly13; March 21st, 2012 at 09:12 PM.
March 16th, 2012, 01:43 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Prayers for you as you wait! Please keep us posted!
March 16th, 2012, 08:21 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Prayers! I hope everything is OK!
March 17th, 2012, 10:47 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying for great things

Lucky mother to five!

March 18th, 2012, 11:52 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm praying everything is okay!

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
March 19th, 2012, 06:38 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Praying hard hun x
March 19th, 2012, 05:21 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Have you typed out the whole thing somewhere else? I'd love to know what's up. I turned down the amnio option this pregnancy. *hugs*

Prayers coming for good news tomorrow.

March 19th, 2012, 10:20 PM
No, I haven't typed it all out in one place...Rather it is a combination of posts dating back to being pregnant with Drew. I'll give an abbreviated (if possible) version for you.... When I went in for my 18 wk scan with Drew (my 17mo old) I had many issues...He had echogenic bowels, was behind in growth, I had low fluid and they thought he had a 2 vessel cord. I was referred to a perinatologist 3 hrs from where I live and I went there a couple days later for a level 2 u/s. The findings were confirmed and in the mean time my blood work for the afp came back elevated for downs, trisomies AND neuro tube defects. With all the 'issues' it was highly recomended that I have an amnio because I live in a rural area where a special needs child would require airlift to a larger facility. If issues had been confirmed then I would have just planned delivery there instead. Anyway, amnio revealed baby to be perfectly healthy and although he continued to have growth issues the echogenic bowels resolved and they 'found' the 3rd vessel of his cord. I was monitored for growth (he was in the 2nd percentile) until it was determined that he should be induced at 36.5 weeks. So I went in for induction...as soon as I started contracting his heartbeat plummeted and they could not get it to resolve. I ended up with an emergency c-section due to a placental abruption that nearly took us both. I thank God that we were in the hospital when the abruption occured or he would not have made it and I might not have either..... but by the grace of God he came out screaming and perfectly healthy.

Fast forward to last Tuesday and my OB called to inform me that my afp came back giving me a 1:13 chance of baby having downs. Normal for my age would be 1:117. He had me come in for a repeat u/s to look for a nasal bone and 3 bones in the 5th digit (which he found!) however, baby had echogenic bowels still which is a marker for downs. Combined with my afp and my history he strongly recommended an amnio again. So I did it and am still awaiting the results. I realize with only the one marker on u/s odds are good that baby is OK, but I am getting more and more anxious the longer it takes for me to hear from them. Like I said...I can (probably!) handle the results, but the waiting is torture for me!!! Thanks to everyone for the prayers. I will update as soon as I hear anything.

March 20th, 2012, 09:06 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs and prayers!!

March 21st, 2012, 12:13 AM
See, and downs is what they wanted me to do the amnio about, but the results of the amnio wouldn't be conclusive, so I didn't feel like it was worth doing. They told me all they could do was give me one of those 1:240 numbers...and I was like, well the hospital can do that when she's born...except with certainty. (BTW, I'm not judging your choice there, just explaining that I was totally not seeing the point in my case...we were at a much higher than 1:117 number to begin with for me, but of course I probably refused the test that gave you that number, so who knows where I'll be in May/June.)

And waiting is TOTALLY torture, I was feeling like all I'm doing is waiting the other day as I waited to find out if I failed the 3 hour glucose test and had gestational diabetes again, plus waiting on next weeks ultrasound to check out Terra's heart (the marker she has for downs, as well as just being something on her heart as well.) As the 10 weeks between the two ultrasounds has gone, on I've felt more and more impatient to just get some kind of answer "a spot on the ultrasound" is like saying "I saw a car that's the same color and make as your husbands upside down in a ditch." when you don't know where he is...there are a million of that car, but...it could still be his...so I have tried to completely not worry, but waiting sucks. Your waiting has to suck even more because it is more specific. Hang in there

March 21st, 2012, 07:24 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Sending thoughts and prayers your way!

March 21st, 2012, 09:18 AM
The preliminary results are in and they show NORMAL. There is a 'chance' that the final results could still detect an anomaly but my OB said he has never seen it happen. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers....

LJ, my doctor told me that the amnio gives a greater than 99% certaintity regarding downs so I consider that pretty conclusive.... the AFP (bloodtest) is what gives the ratio or chance of a defect (such as 1:117). In my case, the reasons to test centered around knowing how to continue my prenatal care and to prepare for delivery because there are no facilities equipped to handle special needs children within 3 hours of here. It is a hard decision to screen or test for various things...the fact is that nothing provides any guarantees to us that we will deliver healthy children. I pray your u/s next week shows that the issues with your little one's heart have resolved. Technology is both amazing and terrible! I think advances in technology cause us to worry more as they reveal 'normal' stages of development that haven't been well documented. Sometimes ignorance is BLISS!! Thinking of you!

March 21st, 2012, 06:16 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That's wonderful news!!
March 21st, 2012, 09:58 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Great news!
March 21st, 2012, 10:38 PM
Glad you got good news

March 22nd, 2012, 07:56 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Wonderful news hun x
March 22nd, 2012, 10:15 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
yay!

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search