Forgiveness

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
April 16th, 2012, 12:47 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
How good are you at forgiving others?

April 16th, 2012, 07:07 AM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I can be stubborn and it can be hard for me to forgive others, it's something I'm trying to work on. That and not letting go of the past are really hard for me.
April 16th, 2012, 07:15 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
Right now I am having a hard time with forgiveness.

April 16th, 2012, 09:18 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
This was sort of the theme of yesterday's Homily. There was a story about a woman who's son was murdered by a boy about his age. In Brazil I believe. He got 10 years in prison, she came for a lot of the 10 years and prayed for him daily right in front of him. She told him he took her son from her, so he had to become her son. When he got out they embraced as mother and son. I asked myself, "Could I do that?"

I've always considered myself forgiving...it had me asking what my limit was. I've had a hard time forgiving my most recent boss and letting it go and moving on, and what he did was nothing even comparable to what that mother went through (it was supposed to be a true story.)

April 17th, 2012, 03:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
ahhhh, forgiveness. It's so healing when you let it happen. I held a grudge, a HUGE grudge against my mother for years and years. It's a long story so, I'll spare you the details unless you want them. I stayed angry at my mom. Very, very angry. I hated her. Once I had my first daughter, that anger festered and built up because I LOVED THAT LITTLE BABY and I didn't think that my mom loved me the way a mother should love her child and I let her know it. We didn't speak for a year. After my 2nd DD was born, I realized that I was holding onto something that was never, ever going to change. It was impossible to change it because it was in the past. I realized that if I wanted to be a better mom, and not a bitter, angry woman, I needed to find a way to forgive my mom. She loves her grandchildren and I felt awful denying them someone who loved them. And, if I am going to teach my children forgiveness, I have to lean how to do it myself. It's hard. It's very, very hard but, I don't hate my mom. I love her and I forgive her. With God's help, of course.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search