Needing to go to Confession...but not wanting to?

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 9th, 2012, 10:16 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I know I probably need to go to Confession, I haven't been in a while...I know it is recommended during Lent...and I had planned to go, I even had a day I was going to leave Adoration early (cuz my Adoration time is during our Confession) and then that week, and like never before or since I was the ONLY one in the Chapel. So it was stay or leave the room empty, which I don't do. So I stayed. And said I'd go the next week, and then I was like puking up my guts the next week or something. I think the last time I went was December. So I know I probably need to go. But for some reason when I'm there in the church, able to go (cuz I'm there for Adoration as I just mentioned)...I don't want to...anybody else ever just not wanted to go? Even if you knew you probably should go?

May 9th, 2012, 10:51 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I never want to, it's hard! But eventually I get so sick of carrying the weight of my sins around that I just make myself go. I always love how good it feels after!
May 10th, 2012, 05:01 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
It's easier for me when I know of something specific I need to confess, but when it's just general "stuff"... I feel silly like I'm going in there and saying the same thing over and over and he's just getting bored with me. Doesn't help much that when I walk in there he puts away his iPhone real quick. I know he uses it to read his breviary, but it's a little unsettling anyway! Going regularly to make a good confession is so important... I've just decided I'll go this weekend.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

May 10th, 2012, 09:38 AM
Julka
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
I never want to, it's hard! But eventually I get so sick of carrying the weight of my sins around that I just make myself go. I always love how good it feels after!
Ditto. You just have to 'force' yourself to go
May 10th, 2012, 10:04 AM
Nár lagaí Dia do lámh!
I know what you mean. for me I get so nervous before I go in, I almost pysch myself out of it everytime. Stupid anxiety but I always feel better after, which it what keeps me going back.
May 10th, 2012, 01:57 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I think much of it for me has to do with a good examination of conscience. If I feel prepared, I can do it. But if I feel like I haven't taken the time to really think about and be sorry for my sins, then I do talk myself out of it.

Do you have any Recollections in your area for Opus Dei? The spiritual disciplines for Opus Dei are certainly good to keep you mindful of going to confession regularly. I'm a newbie at this Catholic thing, but I'm trying to make confession a more routine thing in my life. It helps that our parish priest talks about the importance of the sacrament and the graces received, and encourages us to all be at confession, weekly, and daily if necessary. I could do much better at being there regularly. My DH has resolved to be there weekly because of his rigorous spiritual discipline, and I should take notes from him...
May 10th, 2012, 08:38 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Ditto to Shawna!! It's very hard! I went about a month before Lent and have been meaning to go again, I just haven't gotten to it. I've either been sick or not able to make it during the times they have it, etc.

I just have to do it. I always feel so much lighter somehow after I go. And certainly closer to God!
May 10th, 2012, 11:11 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I actually find if I go as soon as I do whatever it is I need to Confess, it isn't hard for me...if I wait, then it becomes like "Eh, I waited, I can wait another week." And eventually I don't go.

And it is kind of what Jennifer said too, this isn't something big that is weighing on me I need to confess, it is general "stuff."

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search