Log In Sign Up

Prayer request


Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Julka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
May 24th, 2012, 07:28 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 59,137
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
This particular board I don't think will understand, but I'm having a horrible time deciding what to do about my current pregnancy situation. I get TERRIBLE pregnancy depression. For most of the pregnancy it is fairly easy to control by doing something like taking a nap. For the final 3 weeks it gets worse daily to the point where I'm screaming at Nick or sobbing in bed or something every day at some point pretty much. And over nothing really. So I feel there is no good reason to let myself go overdue since I had a medical induction with number 2, a depression induced induction with number 3 and even though it wasn't an induction, they helped my labor along with pitocin with number 4 and all of them went fine so I know for my body it doesn't react badly. So I went into today fairly comfortable with the idea of setting up an induction on my due date or the day after. That gave her a whole week to decide to come on her own, and neither of my other girls have ever needed that whole week, so hoping that since she is also a girl, neither would she (I know it doesn't work like that, just go with me). And then I found out I couldn't do that...so what I could do is schedule one for Monday...and now Idk if I'm letting other people's induction opinions get in my head or what, but I'm really conflicted on if I want to do it or not.

So just pray for me to make the best decision for my whole family. Cuz this doesn't just effect me and it doesn't just effect Terra.

As for the opinions that I know are coming this is what I want to say: If you tell me I shouldn't have an induction, that just makes me want it more. So if you're going to do that, don't bother. Feel free to leave your opinion, but just know because you don't believe in induction doesn't mean I care, it isn't you dealing with this situation.
__________________




Reply With Quote
  #2  
May 25th, 2012, 05:28 AM
Julka
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
As for the opinions that I know are coming this is what I want to say: If you tell me I shouldn't have an induction, that just makes me want it more. So if you're going to do that, don't bother. Feel free to leave your opinion, but just know because you don't believe in induction doesn't mean I care, it isn't you dealing with this situation.
I find the quoted really rude, to be honest. If you don't care what we think, don't share your conflicting situation with us. Just ask for prayers for your birth and leave it at that. But typing a whole essay on your "problem" and "conflicting situation" and then telling us to stuff it is really out of place. You do it quite often and it really rubs me the wrong way. The whole, "I've made up my mind and I don't care what you think." This is a board where people do care, Christen. And just because people offer advice, doesn't mean they are judging you. You know yourself best, you know what works for you best. If you made up your mind on your birth, then that's great. Ask for prayers for a smooth labour & delivery without that rude little bit at the end.

Last edited by Julka; May 25th, 2012 at 05:36 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
May 25th, 2012, 03:05 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 15,647
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
You don't say why you can't be induced on your due date or the day after, but I'm guessing it's because they more or less can't fit you in. Terra is full term now so being induced on Monday makes no difference in her development and from what you say it seems the best option.
I can't be against induction as 2 of my 5 pregnancies were induced, you have to do what is right for you and if that means that you get to meet Terra on Monday then that's what God intends for you.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
May 25th, 2012, 07:20 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,397
You know I'm usually anti-induction without a very good reason, because I've just seen too often the chain of events that often goes along with it and results in c/s.

But your mental state and depression are what I would consider a very good reason. You already know that your body seems to respond to it well. If it will help you, do it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #5  
May 26th, 2012, 12:41 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 59,137
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
I find the quoted really rude, to be honest. If you don't care what we think, don't share your conflicting situation with us. Just ask for prayers for your birth and leave it at that. But typing a whole essay on your "problem" and "conflicting situation" and then telling us to stuff it is really out of place. You do it quite often and it really rubs me the wrong way. The whole, "I've made up my mind and I don't care what you think." This is a board where people do care, Christen. And just because people offer advice, doesn't mean they are judging you. You know yourself best, you know what works for you best. If you made up your mind on your birth, then that's great. Ask for prayers for a smooth labour & delivery without that rude little bit at the end.
But I don't have to type it elsewhere cuz I don't get beaten down by people elsewhere on JM. That's why I typed it here. I find the fact that it is this board that I see the judgmental comments made on to be totally confusing. I was saying just don't this time because when somebody tells you they're at rock bottom, kicking them is wrong. And yet it happens to me here, and just here. I have had people PM me about things that they were judged on here that they didn't get why they were being judged on, I don't understand why I would have to be so point blank about not wanting judgmental comments but since it has happened to me here more than once, I decided to say it. I obviously was saying I hadn't made up my mind also. I don't though want you (the board) to make up my mind for me. Telling me you disapprove of my choice doesn't help me make up my mind, it just makes me mad at you. (All yous were general yous in there.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaidynsmum View Post
You don't say why you can't be induced on your due date or the day after, but I'm guessing it's because they more or less can't fit you in. Terra is full term now so being induced on Monday makes no difference in her development and from what you say it seems the best option.
I can't be against induction as 2 of my 5 pregnancies were induced, you have to do what is right for you and if that means that you get to meet Terra on Monday then that's what God intends for you.
Yeah, it's my midwife can't do it. I obviously could do it, but she can't. That was the plan I went in with, until I found out she wouldn't be able to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
You know I'm usually anti-induction without a very good reason, because I've just seen too often the chain of events that often goes along with it and results in c/s.

But your mental state and depression are what I would consider a very good reason. You already know that your body seems to respond to it well. If it will help you, do it.
And the first time I had induction that's exactly why I really didn't want it. Everyone I knew who had one in real life at that point ended in c-section. My first one was a medical induction though...so I eventually did go along with it, though I did hold out on them as long as possible.
__________________





Last edited by LJD3Tdance; May 26th, 2012 at 12:47 AM.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:44 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0