VBS?

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2012, 03:12 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Does your church have a Vacation Bible School?

June 5th, 2012, 04:31 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Minde does, but it always runs the last week of Summer Rec camp. My girls do not want to miss that last week with their friends BUT I think I may volunteer to work at it this summer. The theme this year is Son Rise.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

June 6th, 2012, 06:06 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
No, because 99.9% of the kids in the parish go to the catholic primary school and have bible class every day as part of the curriculum.
June 6th, 2012, 09:52 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Yes, but 1) he's going to camp at his catholic school so he gets it daily anyway (his school is not the one affiliated with our church and his school doesn't have a parish to support it), and 2) the hours don't work for this working mama!

June 6th, 2012, 10:26 AM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
No, our parish does not. I'm sure some of the other parishes do but I haven't really seen anything about it - our kids have never gone.

"Authentic love is not a vague sentiment or a blind passion. It is an inner attitude that involves the whole human person. It is looking to the other, not to use but to serve. It is rejoicing when the other rejoices and suffers when the other suffers. Love is the gift of self." JPII
June 6th, 2012, 12:37 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Yes, ours does. But our kids are going to the other Catholic parish in our city for VBS this summer, because the dates work better for us!
June 6th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaidynsmum View Post
No, because 99.9% of the kids in the parish go to the catholic primary school and have bible class every day as part of the curriculum.
But VBS is during the summer when they aren't in school? I'm confused, they still go in the summer?

Ours does, school's out as of last week, so it is coming up...I think it is the week after Father's Day, I had hoped to send 3 kids this year, but number 3 hasn't figured out the whole using the potty 100% of the time thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchihuahua View Post
Yes, but 1) he's going to camp at his catholic school so he gets it daily anyway (his school is not the one affiliated with our church and his school doesn't have a parish to support it), and 2) the hours don't work for this working mama!
There was talk about that working mother thing at ours this year, they sent out a poll thing about if you would prefer it to be at night or day.

June 6th, 2012, 04:39 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Well, our parish doesn't but the "sister" parish does. And I don't know what we're going to do about it. The younger kids (like pre-school to middle school ages) are scheduled to go during the day and the high school kids are meeting in the evening. Since we have kids in both age groups that means we have to make a 15-mile trip FOUR times a day each day they go and figure out what to do with everybody else while we're waiting for the classes to be done. There's nobody who lives out our way to car-pool with. I'm really super irritated that they chose to break up the age groups like this, knowing that there are many families who would have to travel so far. Being a very rural parish, you'd think they would realize what a hardship that is. So, IDK if maybe not all the kids will go, or maybe some kids will go some days and other kids on other days. Or we'll just skip it and let the kids do the VBS at the Lutheran church right here in town.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 6th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Ours is only up to 4th grade, the older kids can volunteer at it though.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search