June Chit Chat Thread

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ShawnaCAN
  • 1 Post By wildchihuahua

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2012, 03:20 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
We've had some good chit chat threads in here in the past. How's everyone's first week of June gone? Anybody have anything going on for the rest of the month that's interesting?

DH made the comment that St. Anthony was mocking me yesterday, jokingly. I can't find ANYTHING lately, but I find the stuff I couldn't find 6 months ago...sort of...like I couldn't find the stockings at Christmas, except Rock's and Amber's. Randomly I find mine the other day, but not the other missing ones? I know they were together! And then we had these instructions for one of Rock's Christmas presents that couldn't really be used in the cold, and I can't find them, so last night while looking for something else I'm missing I find them...IN SPANISH? I feel like I've gone and lost my mind...any chance St. Anthony cold help me find THAT?

June 7th, 2012, 06:52 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well I found out today that I've got placenta previa. There's still lots of time for it to move, but if it doesn't I'll have to have a stinky ol' c/s instead of a home birth. I really don't want a c/s! Move placenta, move!!!!!
June 7th, 2012, 07:05 PM
Julka
Do you have full placenta previa, Shawna? I had a partial one with Veronika but thankfully it moved towards the end, so no c/s was needed. Did you have a c/s with any of your kids?

Nothing much here. We're switching bedrooms and giving Sebastian his own room and changing the office into our master bedroom/office so everything will be sort of squeeshed a bit, but hopefully still fit like we planned.
June 7th, 2012, 07:10 PM
It's not a complete previa, so I have lots of hope that it will move in time! I've never had a c/s and it's NOT on my bucket list. LOL
mama4life likes this.
June 7th, 2012, 10:36 PM
That's not good news at all Shawna. I'm sorry. There was this discussion back on the home birth board back in 2010 when I was considering having one and was visiting the board about what people who don't believe in ultrasounds do if they have that, like is there any way to know was the conversation. It made me think of that because there was no resolution in the conversation back then.

I was also just talking to a friend who had her first c-section before and she was not loving the recovery, which I'm such a wuss, I know I would not love the recovery.

Cool on the own bedroom thing Julia. I don't even want to think about when we move Terra out of our room, but that'll be a while so I don't have to think about it now.

I hope your placenta does move Shawna!

June 8th, 2012, 09:07 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Move placenta, move!

My nephew is finally getting baptized this weekend (he's almost a year and his parents have been trying to plan it since he was born). DH and I are the godparents, so I'm really excited about that. Any ideas for good gifts? DH picked up a child rosary, but I'm not sure.
LJD3Tdance likes this.

June 8th, 2012, 12:04 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchihuahua View Post

DH and I are the godparents, so I'm really excited about that. Any ideas for good gifts? DH picked up a child rosary, but I'm not sure.
We like to print off the pic of their patron saint....name saint or whatever, and frame it. That's an easy go-to for a baptism gift .

Shawna...hope that placenta moves! I agree with you that I'd be so upset if I found out I had to give up a home birth for a c-section. It's in the Lord's hands though!

As for us, tomorrow, our littlest is turning 2, so we're doing the BBQ thing with some friends and their kids. And then this next week is just full of craziness, prepping for the youth conference we're hosting this weekend at our parish. Lucky for me, I have very little to do besides just be on call where DH needs me. He's got all the heat for this one cause he's the one in charge of the whole thing. Would love some prayers that everything comes together in an orderly way. Oh, and I'm feeling enormously pregnant. Tired and lazy, and don't want to move. And I still have at least 8 weeks to go.
June 8th, 2012, 12:21 PM
Oh yeah, and we're going to Calgary tonight sans kids. CHRISTOPHER WEST tomorrow!!!! Yay!!!
June 8th, 2012, 12:59 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Shawna, I'll say a prayer the placenta moves!
DH's birthday is tomorrow. Just yesterday I found out I have mono I have felt horrible for weeks - horrible is honestly my new normal. I don't think I remember what it feels like to have energy during the day. Nothing I can do for mono but rest but try telling that to my 4 year old, 3 year old and 18 month old cause they don't really get it.

"Authentic love is not a vague sentiment or a blind passion. It is an inner attitude that involves the whole human person. It is looking to the other, not to use but to serve. It is rejoicing when the other rejoices and suffers when the other suffers. Love is the gift of self." JPII
June 8th, 2012, 04:42 PM
Mono isn't any fun for sure. I mean I think mono would actually be the end of me...cuz being tired just from life right now is all I can handle (cuz tired makes me cranky) so if I added mono...wow...GL there!!! It lasts for too long

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search