Log In Sign Up

How old were your kids when...


Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By AMDG
  • 3 Post By AMDG

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
June 7th, 2012, 10:40 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 58,848
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
How old were you kids when you got them Baptized?

(In months, days, years, whatever is appropriate)
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #2  
June 8th, 2012, 08:14 AM
Julka
Guest
Posts: n/a
Natasha, 3 months. Veronika and Sebastian just under 4 months.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
June 8th, 2012, 08:53 AM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,397
Most were about a 1 month.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #4  
June 8th, 2012, 09:04 AM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: San Antonio, Texas
Posts: 1,488
Both of mine were about 2-3 months.
__________________









Reply With Quote
  #5  
June 8th, 2012, 10:56 AM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver metro area
Posts: 2,988
We always do the baptism the 2nd sunday after the birth so somewhere in between 8 and 14 days.
JoyfulChaosMama likes this.
__________________


"Authentic love is not a vague sentiment or a blind passion. It is an inner attitude that involves the whole human person. It is looking to the other, not to use but to serve. It is rejoicing when the other rejoices and suffers when the other suffers. Love is the gift of self." JPII
Reply With Quote
  #6  
June 8th, 2012, 11:53 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 963
My 4 kids were baptized shortly after we converted. They were 4,3, almost 2, and 6 weeks.

When this baby is born, we're hoping to have him baptized after a daily Mass later that week if possible, unless a Sunday comes first.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
June 8th, 2012, 12:18 PM
Julka
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDG View Post
We always do the baptism the 2nd sunday after the birth so somewhere in between 8 and 14 days.
Do you do some sort of an after party after? In DH's family, it's expected that we invite everyone to a restaurant after for dinner (everyone as in close relatives & friends), and baptising that early would never give me enough time to send invitations, book a restaurant, etc. let alone, our parish asks to call them a month in advance to book the baptism date!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
June 8th, 2012, 12:30 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Denver metro area
Posts: 2,988
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
Do you do some sort of an after party after? In DH's family, it's expected that we invite everyone to a restaurant after for dinner (everyone as in close relatives & friends), and baptising that early would never give me enough time to send invitations, book a restaurant, etc. let alone, our parish asks to call them a month in advance to book the baptism date!
Our parish is very small and so the priests know us, know when we are due and we don't really have to book anything. My DH just calls one of the priests on his cell to tell him the baby has been born and the baptism is set up for a week from that Sunday. DH's family does expect a party and a big fuss but now after three kids they have kind of gotten used to it. We invite them to the baptism and we invite them to come to our house for lunch - that DH makes. We never even do a cake. Every other grandchild on DH's side has had a party at a rented out all or in a restaurant but DH's family already thinks we do things all messed up - this is just one more to add to the list. We don't really have the money for a big party anyway so doing it so fast actually takes the pressure off from having to spend lots on a party.
__________________


"Authentic love is not a vague sentiment or a blind passion. It is an inner attitude that involves the whole human person. It is looking to the other, not to use but to serve. It is rejoicing when the other rejoices and suffers when the other suffers. Love is the gift of self." JPII
Reply With Quote
  #9  
June 8th, 2012, 02:27 PM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Scotland, UK
Posts: 15,647
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
Ceilidh- blessed at birth
Elijah - 5 months
Rheiya - 6 months
Lucas - 10 months
Jaidyn - 3 months

Getting people from all over the country together on a specific day is a pain! For Lucas we had people coming from Australia, hence why he was nearly a year old!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #10  
June 8th, 2012, 04:34 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Eagle, Idaho
Posts: 58,848
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Courtney was just over a month, Rock was just over a month, LJ was just under 2 months, Amber was just over 2 months, Terra I'm hoping will be just under a month...I still don't have it worked out though.
__________________



Reply With Quote
  #11  
June 8th, 2012, 05:04 PM
Julka
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDG View Post
Our parish is very small and so the priests know us, know when we are due and we don't really have to book anything. My DH just calls one of the priests on his cell to tell him the baby has been born and the baptism is set up for a week from that Sunday. DH's family does expect a party and a big fuss but now after three kids they have kind of gotten used to it. We invite them to the baptism and we invite them to come to our house for lunch - that DH makes. We never even do a cake. Every other grandchild on DH's side has had a party at a rented out all or in a restaurant but DH's family already thinks we do things all messed up - this is just one more to add to the list. We don't really have the money for a big party anyway so doing it so fast actually takes the pressure off from having to spend lots on a party.
That makes sense I think you should do things how you feel is best for your family. It's interesting - your parish is very different than mine! Also, the cost thing... thankfully in DH's family, people bring money in envelopes to the Baptism reception, among with gifts (clothes for the baby, little Baptism keepsake stuff, etc.) but everyone brings $ so the event sort of pays for itself... otherwise, we wouldn't be doing the restaurant thing for sure!
Reply With Quote
  #12  
June 9th, 2012, 04:51 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 1,232
Both my girls were three months old.
__________________

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Reply With Quote
  #13  
June 9th, 2012, 07:01 AM
Pautzie's Avatar Veteran
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Central Florida
Posts: 108
Carter- 4 months
Addison- 2 months
Ansley- 3 months
Weston- we are hoping to have him baptized at the end of this month or next month; so 2-3 months; both Godparents and ourselves have to take the "baptism class"; it's been more than 3 years since we took one
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #14  
June 9th, 2012, 03:31 PM
Ever's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,236
Kailyn was about 4 months.

This baby will probably be baptized around 2-3 months or so.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #15  
June 9th, 2012, 10:14 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Lincoln, NE
Posts: 796
Liam was 10 days old. I think we'll probably do the same for this baby.
__________________









Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:28 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0