House cleaning

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jhmomofmany

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 14th, 2012, 12:58 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
How much time do you spend cleaning your house every day?

June 14th, 2012, 02:56 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At least an hour a day.
June 14th, 2012, 02:56 PM
Julka
I don't know exactly how much time it takes.

Certain things like making beds, washing dishes, and putting clothes away are my daily cleaning chores. Other things (dusting, changing sheets, sweeping, mopping, bathrooms, etc etc.) are on as-needed basis.
June 14th, 2012, 03:53 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
I'm not sure. If you include dishes and laundry it would be hours and hours but I guess that isn't really house cleaning. I have a cleaning schedule that I follow for the most part but of course there are always extra things that come up. Basically, I don't know but it seems like a lot

"Authentic love is not a vague sentiment or a blind passion. It is an inner attitude that involves the whole human person. It is looking to the other, not to use but to serve. It is rejoicing when the other rejoices and suffers when the other suffers. Love is the gift of self." JPII
June 15th, 2012, 06:02 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Mine varies a LOT from day to day. But probably only an hour yesterday.

June 16th, 2012, 04:25 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
okay, I'll be the "bad" mom... lately I've spent as close to zero time as possible on housework. Most of the daily chores are divided up among the children, and I'm just letting everything else slide for now. I know it's wrong, but I'm just too tired to care about things that aren't absolutely necessary.
LJD3Tdance likes this.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 16th, 2012, 11:54 PM
SavaAngel's Avatar Mama to AJ & Katie
Send a message via AIM to SavaAngel Send a message via Yahoo to SavaAngel
I haven't felt well in a long time so I have let A LOT slack. I am trying to do more (in and out of the house) now that AJ is home from school for the summer. But I try at least an hour. Sometimes more if I am feeling well enough. I have a lot of organizing to do and painting the kids rooms on top of the everyday daily stuff. I am also trying to start a new cleaning schedule to try to keep up with other stuff better!

AJ (age 7) & Katie (age 2.5)
PM to see if I am available to make a siggy - decisions will be made on a case by case basis.

Katie's: BELLY PICS~ U/S PICS

June 17th, 2012, 09:07 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We have a regular cleaning schedule that includes 6 people in the house. We each have a few different chores each day - so we each spend about 20-30 minutes cleaning house every day. I'm not counting regular things like laundry and dishes, or barn chores. Our cleaning schedule is heavier on Monday and Tuesday, until Friday the only thing we do is clean bedrooms and vacuum upstairs. Saturdays are for Dad's chores (he divvies 'em out.) and Sunday we rest.

Mama to:
Nick, 19
Abby, 17
Gabe, 15
Isaac, 13
Mary-Kate, 12
Sam, 11
Henry, 10
Molly, 8
Mark, 7
Greta, 5
Cecilia, 4