MIA

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 28th, 2012, 03:36 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I have been living a crazy life of having some nursing issues...I don't know when things will be enough back to normal I'll be around more, things are improving...but...anyway, if you want to know what's going on and keep Terra and I in your prayers here's the post in my DDC:

http://www.justmommies.com/forums/f1...t-my-mind.html

June 28th, 2012, 05:48 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
poor baby and poor mommy. I hope whatever the problem is, that it will get sorted quickly. Prayers!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

June 28th, 2012, 07:28 PM
Super Mommy
Oh, bless your mama heart! I can't believe what you're going through right now! I pray pray pray that someone will listen to you and you can get some help on this one! I can't imagine how helpless you must feel. May Our Mother of La Leche, pray for you!

Is she having any other unusual symptoms that don't seem associated with the nursing problem? Is her color good? Is she sleeping way more than you remember your other babies sleeping? Do you always have to work hard waking her to eat? I would push hard on this one, and don't stop until you find a doctor who is really willing to work with you! God bless you!

June 28th, 2012, 11:57 PM
The doctor is a moron...OK, maybe that's not the most Christian statement, especially since I actually like him most of the time. He just didn't worry when he should have and is worried when he shouldn't be. Terra QUIT EATING Sunday, and what he heard was Terra was eating less than normal. She QUIT not was eating less. That lasted THREE DAYS and now she is eating every hour, NOW he's worried. I may go nuts cuz it hasn't even been an hour since I started feeding her last and she's sitting in my lap crying, and the only thing that seems to help is feeding her.

I personally think she's crying right now cuz her tummy hurts cuz she hasn't pooped since Saturday night. I understand that CAN be normal, but NONE of my kids have ever done that, I think my milk doesn't work like that. She's never done it either BTW, she normally poops SEVERAL times a day. She's had a TON more gas since then. I think if she pooped she'd go back to 3 or so hours between feeds. However, I'm afraid to do that since the doc is now worried about her weight. When we check her on Monday I'm hoping she'll have gained enough he can drop it without sending her to get all poked with needles and stuff.

However, other than the no pooping, and now more frequent feeding, she's totally herself, alert, great color, good cry, strong, etc. And she's eating great now, and I know she's getting something cuz she's spitting up a little every now and then, not enough that I think she has reflux or anything, I think she's just over eating...I'm trying to not over feed her, but again not being able to talk to a baby it is hard to decide what to do sometimes. *sigh*

June 29th, 2012, 12:51 PM
Super Mommy
*sigh* They are all such unique little puzzles aren't they!? I bet she will poop very soon , and it'll be a doozy! Not all of my kids have done that, but I have had one or two that did and it of course had me on edge waiting. It sounds like her little system is just trying to work some things out after that long stint of not eating well. It's so great that you've been persistent to continue nursing, and I'm sure that is paying off. It's so hard though when you are trying to figure out if they are wanting to nurse or are overfull....I hate that dilemma. I have had so many moms look at me like I'm crazy because I don't just offer the breast every single time they squeak, but it's because I know that nursing can sometimes make their gas/digestion worse. And it's obvious when they're crying in pain and projectile vomiting after every feed. Anyhow, I hope that things level off soon and you and Terra can find a groove that works for you both. IMHO, I think that a mama's gut is way more accurate than your doctor's concerns 99% of the time. Try not to feel more nervous simply because of what he's saying...I know that's hard. He's going based off of statistics and charts...he's not hanging out and watching her all day like you are. Hang in there mama!

June 29th, 2012, 05:10 PM
The good news is once I forced her to go for a big two hours between feeds obviously her a tummy quit hurting fro over eating, and she spaced her feeds back out to normal. So now other than the fact that I lost the ability to say I'm using LAM, we're back to normal like nothing happened...well still no poop.

June 30th, 2012, 11:22 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Praying things get sorted out--I also highly recommend that she is only weighed on one scale so you know exactly what she weighs--onesie and diaper only. Even if you have to weigh her daily at home.
July 2nd, 2012, 02:36 AM
Well, in about 6 hours she'll get weighed at the doctors office again, so hoping she's gained enough he can be happy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search