Anniversaries

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By AMDG

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 29th, 2012, 06:11 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
How do you normally celebrate your anniversary?

June 29th, 2012, 06:55 PM
bellasky's Avatar Blessed
DH and I go out to dinner normally. We usually celebrate two anniversaries: 1) Our wedding anniversary; 2) The anniversary of the day we first met.

June 29th, 2012, 07:52 PM
Julka
Depends on the year Last year we went on a romantic dinner cruise. This year (with a baby..) we did nada.
June 29th, 2012, 10:10 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We like to try to get away for a night, if we can. So far we've done so most years.
June 30th, 2012, 05:10 AM
Mega Super Mommy
We also celebrate two anniversaries - our wedding anniversary and our first date anniversary. Our first date anniversary happened to be yesterday (12 years since our first date) and we celebrated by taking our kids plus a friend to the restaurant we ate at on our first date. It was cute. For our wedding anniversary, we try to go away overnight, but that doesn't always happen. This past year, my husband wasn't even home; he was away on a business trip, so we celebrated on Face Time and my girls and I had a lovely dinner! LOL!

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

June 30th, 2012, 05:25 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
We have two anniversaries, because of the church and the state marriages. We did nothing to celebrate the most recent one, just really couldn't. Normally we go to dinner, we sometimes bring the kids though.

June 30th, 2012, 09:18 AM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
Our dating anniversary and wedding anniversary are the same. We started dating on May 8, 2002 and got married on May 8, 2003. We usually go to the restaurant where we had our wedding reception. It's the only restaurant in the area with liver pâté. I do love me some liver pâté.

June 30th, 2012, 10:10 AM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Quote:
Originally Posted by LiamsMother View Post
Our dating anniversary and wedding anniversary are the same. We started dating on May 8, 2002 and got married on May 8, 2003. We usually go to the restaurant where we had our wedding reception. It's the only restaurant in the area with liver pâté. I do love me some liver pâté.

DH and I met on May 6, 2005 and then got married May 6th 2006 - BUT we didn't even realize it until just a few weeks before our wedding when the girlfriend I had been out with the night I met DH pointed it out to me!
We don't usually do anything - we've gone out to dinner but not usually on the exact anniversary. This year we were in Hawaii!! Probably the best anniversary I'll ever have it was a trip DH won through his work and just happened to fall over our anniversary.
LJD3Tdance and LiamsMother like this.

"Authentic love is not a vague sentiment or a blind passion. It is an inner attitude that involves the whole human person. It is looking to the other, not to use but to serve. It is rejoicing when the other rejoices and suffers when the other suffers. Love is the gift of self." JPII
June 30th, 2012, 04:27 PM
Platinum Supermommy
We go to dinner and we bring the kids with us!

Mom to 4 beautiful kids! 3 on Earth and 1 in heaven. Our little girl, Matilda Hope had Down Syndrome. She was born with TMD, a disease that is like leukemia. She fought that and beat it. Then, she had liver failure. She beat that, too. On October 17, 2014 she had NEC, necrotizing enterocolitis. My baby went to Heaven on October 19, 2014. She lived exactly one month.
June 30th, 2012, 04:39 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
We've done something different just about every year depending on how old the kids were and whether we were "in funds". Now that we have two teens in the family we feel comfortable going out on a date w/o needing to hire a babysitter, so maybe we'll get out for dinner this year.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 1st, 2012, 12:12 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
the last two years we've had a private chef come to the house and cook for us, this year we won't be here, otherwise we'd go out someplace nice

Lucky mother to five!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search