July Chit Chat Thread

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Just_Marie
  • 1 Post By LJD3Tdance
  • 1 Post By AMDG

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
July 3rd, 2012, 12:51 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Can we chat it up this month? What's going on? How are you all keeping cool?

July 3rd, 2012, 10:56 PM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish it would finally get hot enough to worry about keeping cool, lol
Jaidynsmum likes this.
July 5th, 2012, 10:43 PM
What's the weather like there lately? Not that I'd know whatever you mean when you refer to your temp in C, but I can pretend

July 6th, 2012, 10:51 PM
I did the conversion for another board, yesterday was hot and it was 66*F, we're supposed to get to a scorching 88 tomorrow-never gets hotter than that
July 6th, 2012, 11:10 PM
posted in H2H
July 8th, 2012, 12:31 AM
Jaidynsmum's Avatar Dreams do come true....
Send a message via MSN to Jaidynsmum
I'd like it to be dry, never mind hot
July 8th, 2012, 09:24 AM
I'm tired this morning, mega playdate planned here after lunch, four moms and 13kids under six
July 11th, 2012, 06:45 PM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
This week is kicking my fanny. I should have known there would be a lot of paperwork, etc. to go through for job training. I wonder how many trees gave their lives just so we could go through copy after copy of Policy and Procedure. But tomorrow after a couple hours training in the a.m. I will go to the home I'll actually work in and start getting acquainted there. I'm excited about that but also a little nervous.

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

July 11th, 2012, 10:20 PM
I'm so glad you're working Jennifer
July 12th, 2012, 06:33 AM
Super Mommy
Trying to stay out of the heat as much as possible. I can tell things are beginning to gear up for the start of labor, but I probably still have weeks to go. I'm great at those prodromal labors that last weeks :-/. Major nesting mode right now though, but it's helping me feel more mentally geared up. Midwife brought the birth tub by this week, so, that lit a fire under me to get this house ready. It's nice to have the energy for once though! I've been missing it since about the 26th week or so.

July 12th, 2012, 03:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
I did the conversion for another board, yesterday was hot and it was 66*F, we're supposed to get to a scorching 88 tomorrow-never gets hotter than that
66 is unthinkable for July for me But 88 I could imagine...not this week though

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama4life View Post
Trying to stay out of the heat as much as possible. I can tell things are beginning to gear up for the start of labor, but I probably still have weeks to go. I'm great at those prodromal labors that last weeks :-/. Major nesting mode right now though, but it's helping me feel more mentally geared up. Midwife brought the birth tub by this week, so, that lit a fire under me to get this house ready. It's nice to have the energy for once though! I've been missing it since about the 26th week or so.
Yeah aren't they special. I'm great at those too!

Oh and Julia, send your rain on over here, I'll take it
mama4life likes this.

July 13th, 2012, 07:31 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
July is flying by! Time for DS#1 to start his trips to grandmas' houses, so it'll be quieter than normal. The school year is just around the corner!

July 14th, 2012, 04:03 PM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
One of the attorneys I used to work with is pregnant and going on maternity leave the end of august. My old boss called to see if I temp while she is out. So...I'm going to be going back to work on a temporary full-time basis for 12 weeks. In the process of trying to find a nanny that we can trust and can pay a reasonable amount to come watch our kids during that time.
Just_Marie likes this.

"Authentic love is not a vague sentiment or a blind passion. It is an inner attitude that involves the whole human person. It is looking to the other, not to use but to serve. It is rejoicing when the other rejoices and suffers when the other suffers. Love is the gift of self." JPII
July 15th, 2012, 03:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchihuahua View Post
July is flying by! Time for DS#1 to start his trips to grandmas' houses, so it'll be quieter than normal. The school year is just around the corner!
I'm not ready for school to start back up, don't talk about that!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMDG View Post
One of the attorneys I used to work with is pregnant and going on maternity leave the end of august. My old boss called to see if I temp while she is out. So...I'm going to be going back to work on a temporary full-time basis for 12 weeks. In the process of trying to find a nanny that we can trust and can pay a reasonable amount to come watch our kids during that time.
Do you want to do it? I mean like is the idea exciting to you, or are you just doing it as a favor?

July 16th, 2012, 07:33 AM
AMDG's Avatar Margaret
Quote:
Originally Posted by LJD3Tdance View Post

Do you want to do it? I mean like is the idea exciting to you, or are you just doing it as a favor?
I guess neither. I'm not really excited about it but it is a good opportunity for me to keep my foot in the door, so to speak, with the legal community. It is also a great chance for me to make a good chunk of money in a short amount of time and then be done with it. I'm not really doing it as a favor - they would make it w/o my help - but it would really make things easy for them because I can just jump back into my old job w/o any need for training and I already know everybody in the office, know how things work, know what is expected of me etc.
I'm nervous about leaving the kids but I just keep telling myself - 12 weeks will fly by. Also, every 5 years DH gets 4 extra weeks of paid vacation from his employer that he has to take all at once. He is going to take the month of Nov off and so we will just need a nanny at our house for 8 weeks. And, he will get a chance to be a stay at home dad and all that goes along with that should be interesting and I know the kids will LOVE it.

"Authentic love is not a vague sentiment or a blind passion. It is an inner attitude that involves the whole human person. It is looking to the other, not to use but to serve. It is rejoicing when the other rejoices and suffers when the other suffers. Love is the gift of self." JPII
July 18th, 2012, 04:38 PM
GL to him then and you as well.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search