Nfp question

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Julka

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 11th, 2012, 10:14 PM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Hi ladies. While I no longer am, my dh has decided to become Catholic. We had to take a nfp class and now he's all for it. When we were ttc dd1 I did charting,temping,etc but I didn't know what the difference is between the two?

October 12th, 2012, 05:07 AM
Julka
When you were charting & temping, what did you do during the fertile periods? NFP is Natural Family Planning, so if you're avoiding a pregnancy, you would abstain during the fertile period. Where couples who chart, but don't necessarily follow NFP, use some method of protection (birth control) during the fertile phase.
October 12th, 2012, 05:51 AM
hearts.0nfire's Avatar STPR lover
Well while I was charting and temping we were trying, but I was planning on using it after this baby to prevent. To be honest I didn't pay much attention in the class, but he's acting like those two things are completely different. Also he refuses to now use birth control since the class talked about how it was wrong to use any form other than abstinence.

Last edited by hearts.0nfire; October 12th, 2012 at 06:00 AM.
October 12th, 2012, 11:01 AM
Julka
Well, yes. If he decided to "become Catholic" (which I am not sure what you mean by that? Is he baptized? Is he taking RCIA classes?), but putting an end to birth control is a step in the right direction since the Church does teach against it.

If you are using NFP to avoid, you would abstain during the fertile period. The other method is FAM (Feritility Awareness Method), I believe it's called. Couples who use FAM typically use a form of BC during the fertile time.
LiamsMother likes this.
October 12th, 2012, 12:46 PM
LiamsMother's Avatar Amanda (Amahnda)
For the method of NFP that we use, the main thing I look at to determine fertility is my cervical mucus. I only add the basal body temperature when were ttc to verify that I have ovulated, but it's not a necessary part of my nfp method. The cervical mucus and sometimes the temperature, I input in a chart. So, that's what I mean by "charting", writing down in a chart, all of my fertile observations.

October 28th, 2012, 01:37 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
I'm confused by your question. I think maybe I'm just missing something, or maybe he is missing something. But to me you described a form of NFP, which you used for TTC and he thinks that is totally different than the form you use when TTA? I think most forms of NFP can be used for both...but like I said, I'm confused, so...maybe don't mind me?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search