Stop it! Stop it! Stop it!

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
October 28th, 2012, 01:43 AM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Oh my gosh I don't like myself at the moment, ugh!

I'm upset and I know I shouldn't be. I shouldn't be and I am. So now I'm upset with myself for being upset...that's awesome isn't it?

Tonight was the dinner auction for the kids school. I knew the $650 I was willing to bid on Courtney's class project was probably not enough, but gosh darn it did I want it so bad that I wanted $650 to be enough...it went for $850. I just absolutely need to figure out how to go with $1000 next year and hope that is enough. One of the 5th grade ones went for $3600 so it might not be, but I want it to be!

I wish I didn't want it to so bad. It isn't like a cure for cancer. Something awful didn't happen, I didn't win an auction item. I had a good night, my first "date" since Terra was born. We enjoyed time just the two of us. We mingled with other parents, which I so desperately want to do more often.

We saw the teachers, the priest, etc. having a good time. It should just be a happy thing, and I gave the school $70 for two photos and a dessert. And yet, I find myself down. I know it will pass, I just wish I didn't feel so down about something that shouldn't mean this much. I wish I wasn't like that. Though I am a little comforted that when one of the 6th grade classes auction finished the two ladies who were having a bidding war were sitting right next to me and the one who lost, broke down in tears right there, and I have not, nor will I most likely, cried, so I'm not alone. I bet though, she went to sleep fine, and I sit here alone not sleeping cuz when I'm emotional I have a hard time doing that. I'm sure I'll sleep fine tomorrow, but tonight...I wanted that Angel .

Oh well, here's to hoping the 4th grade one is even better.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search