Advent Traditions

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 26th, 2012, 08:34 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
Did you grow up observing Advent in any special way?

What Advent traditions do you practice in your own home?

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 3 and John Anthony, born May 24

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

Remember your resolution to lose weight or start working out? Click the blinkie to join us!

November 27th, 2012, 04:18 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Growing up, we always observed Advent by lighting the wreath daily at dinner and counting down the days with an Advent calendar. We also always picked a "tag" from the Giving Tree at church. I have continued these traditions with my own children. I especially like that they get so excited to buy for someone else. I am glad they realize that they are very fortunate and find satisfaction in helping those less fortunate.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

Last edited by LovinMommy; November 29th, 2012 at 06:28 PM.
November 28th, 2012, 05:18 PM
therevslady's Avatar Built for Birth
I grew up Baptist and the season was very shallow to me. My mother currently gets mad at me because she says I "celebrated Advent" when I was a kid. Obviously she doesn't get it. I remember making an advent calendar once at school that had a peppermint candy glued to each day on the calendar and there was a tree at the top.

We are going to get our Jesse Tree on Friday. We'll make ornaments every day to put on the tree. We did paper ones the past few years, but I kind of want to do something nicer this year that can be reused in the future. We also do our family Advent wreath and I let the kids make paper wreaths with fake candles to light each week. Our family also participates in the Advent Conspiracy and donates half of our Christmas budget to a charity each year.
[The Advent Conspiracy] - Advent Conspiracy
[AC] 2012 Promo - Basic on Vimeo

December 4th, 2012, 01:13 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Just a calendar and normal like decorating stuff, nothing else really.

Calendar. I'm also doing a personal "how I see Jesus in...." one person a day on facebook. Rock made a chain, he rips one off a day and writes something he did nice for somebody and then leaves it for Santa to give to Jesus, Idk why Santa knows how to deliver presents to Jesus, but I guess he does...

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search