2013 Check In

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By LovinMommy
  • 1 Post By AimeeD041727
  • 1 Post By AmyLM

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
January 2nd, 2013, 03:51 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Who's hanging out? How's 2013 starting out for you?

January 2nd, 2013, 07:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I'm here. January 2 is my daughter's birthday, so we always have a great start to the new year! Fingers crossed it continues to be as good as it was today seeing my baby grow another year!
LJD3Tdance likes this.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting

January 3rd, 2013, 11:44 AM
jhmomofmany's Avatar Look! A Dancing Banana!
Send a message via Yahoo to jhmomofmany
I'm here! I had absolutely the worst, lamest New Year's Eve ever thanks to a terrible night at work... pretty well summed up my feelings about 2012 in general. It can only get better from here, I hope!

Robert: 18 Raechel: 17 Daniel: 14 Joseph: 12 Thomas: 10 Mary Mae: 6 Lucy Marie: 4 and John Anthony, 1!!

Always Missing our Angels: Hope (7-8-06 @36w) and Francis (7-4-12 @12w)

I've lost 60 pounds, and I'm stronger than ever! No gimmicks, no BS, just exercise, nutrition, and support from the awesome Fitness and Weight Loss board here at JM!! Click the blinkie to join us!

January 4th, 2013, 01:02 AM
Just_Marie's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know, so far the past three days have been kind of rough, hope it takes a turn for the better
January 4th, 2013, 07:40 AM
Julka
I am around. Been sick thru New Year's Eve, but otherwise I don't have anything to complain about I hope 2013 is a great year!
January 6th, 2013, 05:13 PM
wildchihuahua's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm here. Had a lame new years eve, which is actually how I wanted it.

However, DH came down with the flu on the 2nd after we'd been hanging out all day on the first. So, we've been a man down all week and weekend. He's starting to feel better, but we're all on tamiflu (since I'm preggo, and DS#1 has asthma) which has not been fun. Oh well, just another bump in the road. lol

January 7th, 2013, 09:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhmomofmany View Post
I'm here! I had absolutely the worst, lamest New Year's Eve ever thanks to a terrible night at work... pretty well summed up my feelings about 2012 in general. It can only get better from here, I hope!
Well out with the bad, and in with the good then!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarieJ View Post
I don't know, so far the past three days have been kind of rough, hope it takes a turn for the better
I'm sorry Marie. You deserve some happy days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julka View Post
I am around. Been sick thru New Year's Eve, but otherwise I don't have anything to complain about I hope 2013 is a great year!
Feeling better now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildchihuahua View Post
I'm here. Had a lame new years eve, which is actually how I wanted it.

However, DH came down with the flu on the 2nd after we'd been hanging out all day on the first. So, we've been a man down all week and weekend. He's starting to feel better, but we're all on tamiflu (since I'm preggo, and DS#1 has asthma) which has not been fun. Oh well, just another bump in the road. lol
We went through our illness the week before Christmas...now we're all getting colds, but no puking thank God. I can only handle so much of that. Well...in the kids, obviously in the pregnancies I personally have handled a whole lot of it.

As for me, 2013 is starting out pretty well I would say. I'm a little stressed about things, but that is just because Christmas is a belt tightening time...and well, we got bad financial news in the mail to start the new year, besides the money, everything is pretty good.

January 8th, 2013, 06:11 AM
AimeeD041727's Avatar PowerPuffGirls
I check in from time to time. I will be 30 weeks this week! Started my two week appts last week. Can't wait for my little man to get here!
LJD3Tdance likes this.

January 9th, 2013, 05:54 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm here! 2013 has started out so far, so good. I'll be 35 weeks tomorrow and am looking forward to the end of this pregnancy and meeting my little boy. My little girls are excited about their baby brother. I'm just praying for a safe and uneventful delivery!
LJD3Tdance likes this.

Mom to 3 beautiful kids
Expecting our newest baby girl, diagnosed with Down Syndrome with Verifi, October 2014!
January 16th, 2013, 02:18 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm around and 2013 is shaping up to be pretty great and maybe sad too. I sense that my Mom might not be with us much longer, maybe another year or two if we're lucky...maybe a few months. She's been sick for 14 years, so it's not like the realization is a big shock...it's just sad. We're gonna try to make a few extra visits there, going up next weekend and again in early Feb.

But there is also lots to look forward to. My sister is having a baby and my inlaws are taking us all to the Mayan Riveria in April, all inclusive. EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK! That's me being excited. Too bad you can't see the dance that goes with it.
January 17th, 2013, 08:44 PM
Super Mommy
I am just checking in after a long absence, so maybe no one remembers me...but, I'm here!
The year has started out great, other than still not getting much sleep at all with Vincent. The holidays threw a wrench in his schedule and it has been a nightmare with him not wanting to go down until 2 and 3 in the morning. And, not particularly loving to nap well either. Last night, he slept well....my 7 year old offered his rosary for Vincent's sleep! I forgot to ask him to do the same tonight though!

Guess that's my update....I should probably go write a novel on the prayer request post though, cause all that doesn't belong here!
Hope to get reacquainted!

January 21st, 2013, 12:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShawnaCAN View Post
I'm around and 2013 is shaping up to be pretty great and maybe sad too. I sense that my Mom might not be with us much longer, maybe another year or two if we're lucky...maybe a few months. She's been sick for 14 years, so it's not like the realization is a big shock...it's just sad. We're gonna try to make a few extra visits there, going up next weekend and again in early Feb.

But there is also lots to look forward to. My sister is having a baby and my inlaws are taking us all to the Mayan Riveria in April, all inclusive. EEEEEEEEEKKKKKKKKKKK! That's me being excited. Too bad you can't see the dance that goes with it.
What you won't video the dance for us ? That sounds pretty cool. Sorry about your mom though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama4life View Post
I am just checking in after a long absence, so maybe no one remembers me...but, I'm here!
The year has started out great, other than still not getting much sleep at all with Vincent. The holidays threw a wrench in his schedule and it has been a nightmare with him not wanting to go down until 2 and 3 in the morning. And, not particularly loving to nap well either. Last night, he slept well....my 7 year old offered his rosary for Vincent's sleep! I forgot to ask him to do the same tonight though!

Guess that's my update....I should probably go write a novel on the prayer request post though, cause all that doesn't belong here!
Hope to get reacquainted!
Welcome back!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search