Losing to the world

Forum: Catholic Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Catholic Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
September 12th, 2007, 11:27 AM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Do you ever feel you are losing yourself to the world, the minutia of the everyday that can distracts and distance you from prayer, or obligation, or spiritual study and reflection?

Do you ever feel despair that your children will be lost to the world, the nonCatholic forces in media and schooling and peers and relatives and everything else that have more say than you do?

For those with agnostic or atheist spouses - do you ever worry that their laziness or rejection of the divine is something that rubs off on you?

All of these things are things that I think about. I'm a constantly lapsing Catholic who keeps trying to be true to the faith, but the more I read about real Catholic families, or real Catholic linving, so unlike my own family and life, the more I feel like its a losing battle.

I lurk around boards and visit Catholic blogs for inspiration, but lately, its just illustrating how far I have to go as a true Catholic.

September 12th, 2007, 12:27 PM
ShawnaCAN's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It sounds like a certain ugly somebody is whispering his lies in your ear. "You can't conquer yourself, you're too weak. Don't even try. This is a waste of time and effort cuz you'll never make it anyway. The world is too powerful, all is lost. Nobody hears your prayers. Your prayers don't do anything. Waste of time. There's no such thing as miracles. There's no hope for you or your family. You're already lost. "

((((((MamaB))))) See it for what it is, Satan is trying to discourage you and make you give up hope! You know what that means? Your effort is getting you somewhere. Whether you feel it or not, you are getting closer to God and His enemy doesn't like it. So tell the devil to take a hike when you start to think like that. "Get thee behind me Satan!" Say it out loud if you need to. And then carry on, keep striving, Christ has already made up what is lacking in you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyheJ480LYA

September 13th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Shawna is totally right!! WHenever I feel like I am being attacked spiritually, it is when I am trying very hard to get closer to Christ. See, the devil doesn't care what your doing as long as your not trying to get close to God, or anything. The minute you make advances toward God, Satan will come at you. He will tell you lies about your faith. He will try to break up your marriage(this seems to be a personal favorite of his attack on me lately) He will go at your children. He doesn't care. He wants you fail. He wants you most of all to LOOSE ALL HOPE. That is his specialty. Don't give in. Remember that the battle has already been won. Go with what your heart tells you. Your heart knows. Because your heart holds the Holy SPirit within you. Gosh, I need this advice myself! Thank you.

I am a REAL catholic who is the biggest mess most of the time. My faults are many...many more then I have let on on this board. But I refuse to give up. And I know that I am forgiven. (time to go to confession girls) Don't let the REAL catholic women on this board scare you into thinking that they are something "better" then you. Everyone here has problems. Everyone here is like anybody else out there...just, we got the actual body and blood every sunday to sustain us! We, as Catholic women, are ahead of the game....well, thats how I see it anyway. Hang in there. Jesus wants you to know that HE is on your side, and HE wants you to NOT GIVE UP.

BECK
September 13th, 2007, 08:05 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Shawna is totally right!! WHenever I feel like I am being attacked spiritually, it is when I am trying very hard to get closer to Christ. See, the devil doesn't care what your doing as long as your not trying to get close to God, or anything. The minute you make advances toward God, Satan will come at you. He will tell you lies about your faith. He will try to break up your marriage(this seems to be a personal favorite of his attack on me lately) He will go at your children. He doesn't care. He wants you fail. He wants you most of all to LOOSE ALL HOPE. That is his specialty. Don't give in. Remember that the battle has already been won. Go with what your heart tells you. Your heart knows. Because your heart holds the Holy SPirit within you. Gosh, I need this advice myself! Thank you.

I am a REAL catholic who is the biggest mess most of the time. My faults are many...many more then I have let on on this board. But I refuse to give up. And I know that I am forgiven. (time to go to confession girls) Don't let the REAL catholic women on this board scare you into thinking that they are something "better" then you. Everyone here has problems. Everyone here is like anybody else out there...just, we got the actual body and blood every sunday to sustain us! We, as Catholic women, are ahead of the game....well, thats how I see it anyway. Hang in there. Jesus wants you to know that HE is on your side, and HE wants you to NOT GIVE UP.

BECK
September 16th, 2007, 02:26 PM
mudholemama
(((((((((HUGS)))))))))

I will pray for you, MamaB. All of this reminds me of the story of Job. We are all Human. We are all weak
at one point or another. Unfortunately, Satan knows our weaknesses. I'll pray that God gives you
strength to push forward. God Bless!!!
September 16th, 2007, 08:16 PM
little_pockit's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to little_pockit
Quote:
Unfortunately, Satan knows our weaknesses.[/b]
yes, he does. but God knows your strengths! pray pray and then pray again for God to help you with your weaknesses and your strengths, such as being a great mother and your Faith, will carry you through. i like to remember "footprints" and Rosary helps me quite a bit.

September 17th, 2007, 09:12 AM
lizzy27's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We all have our crosses to bear, our struggles with sin and temptation. You are a REAL Catholic if you keep trying to seek God and to do His will for you. Cling to Him, to His Church, to the Sacraments!

Let's all pray for each other!

September 17th, 2007, 09:45 AM
mamaB's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
You ladies are wonderful I thank you for the kind words and encouragement.
September 18th, 2007, 11:25 PM
LJD3Tdance's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to LJD3Tdance Send a message via Yahoo to LJD3Tdance
Quote:
Do you ever feel you are losing yourself to the world, the minutia of the everyday that can distracts and distance you from prayer, or obligation, or spiritual study and reflection?

Do you ever feel despair that your children will be lost to the world, the nonCatholic forces in media and schooling and peers and relatives and everything else that have more say than you do?

For those with agnostic or atheist spouses - do you ever worry that their laziness or rejection of the divine is something that rubs off on you?

All of these things are things that I think about. I'm a constantly lapsing Catholic who keeps trying to be true to the faith, but the more I read about real Catholic families, or real Catholic linving, so unlike my own family and life, the more I feel like its a losing battle.

I lurk around boards and visit Catholic blogs for inspiration, but lately, its just illustrating how far I have to go as a true Catholic.[/b]
My spouse is in fact Catholic, but sometimes I wonder if he just says that to make me happy. I mean I think he believes in God, but it isn't important to him. I worry our children will see that. I worry about how it affects our marriage and how it affects me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search