Christmas :)

Teen Mommies Graduates

No longer in your teens, but want to stay in touch with your Teen Mommies friends? This is the subforum for you.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 21st, 2010, 08:24 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
What do you ladies usually do for Christmas? Do you go all out or just stick with basics?

Have you started your shopping yet? What kind of things are you getting for your LOs?

December is sneaking up too fast!
November 21st, 2010, 09:42 PM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
We just stick with the basic's.
I have only got an outfit for each of the kids, but still need to pay shipping (I won a GC to a nice place) but I'm scared it won't get here on time. Its coming from B.C. so it doesn't have too far to go, just a few hours but I'm worried about customs. I'm not able to pay shipping till Dec. 1st so I'm worried that's too late.
And I got Kieran a pair of Longies that are being made for her, custom right now.

For Seamus I'm not sure. We are having to sign up for Toy's for Tot's this year because we are super tight after dh's lawsuit and having to pay them $250/mo for that. It hit us hard. I don't know if they will let me sign up for it for Kieran cause I don't have her birth certificate. We never ordered it cause we don't need it till she starts school, but TFT requires it to get toy's for the child. I don't know what they'll do, but hopefully we can at least get Seamus signed up and then we could buy Kieran 2 or 3 things and be good.

We are going to look for a used old computer, like a window's '98 one for Seamus so we can get some learning games for him. Oh ya we did buy him a Bob the Builder computer game. And I won him a Frecklebox, personalized book.

November 22nd, 2010, 03:30 AM
Melanie.'s Avatar Totalimmortal
We keep buying Audrey things for Christmas and then giving them to her.

We've bought:
1 DVD player- opened
4 DVDs- have 1 left unopened
2 waffle print sets of pjs- unopened
1 fleece blanket sleeper- unopened
1 outfit- opened
2 Color Wonder marker sets- opened

So, I have no idea what else we're going to buy her and then plus her stocking that will have candy and other small things.
November 22nd, 2010, 04:16 AM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christmas Eve:
- Making a big dinner
- The kids get Xmas PJs and an ornament
- We read "The Christmas Story" from the kid's Bible
- Set out cookies and milk for Santa
- After the kids are asleep Andy and I put gifts and stockings under the tree, eat the cookies and milk, and hang out or sleep

Christmas Day:
- The kids open their stockings and then their presents
- I make cinnamon rolls, coffee, and egg nog for us
- We start getting dressed to head to my parent's house where my huge family shows up and there's a big dinner buffet and presents. We do advent too

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

November 22nd, 2010, 05:10 AM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
What do you ladies usually do for Christmas? Do you go all out or just stick with basics?

23rd- christmas with my mom, sister, boyfriend and grandparents
24th- the kids have christmas at their great aunts house
25th- big christmas with me, christmas at their dads then christmas at their dads girlfriends house
26th- christmas at their great grandmas house

Usually I go all out, last year was more tame, but this year i DEFINITELY went all out just because 90% of the toys they have right now are baby toys and I will be putting them into storage so I wanted to get them started with all new stuff.

Have you started your shopping yet? What kind of things are you getting for your LOs?

I'm done my shopping, stockings are stuffed lol. They are each getting a pile of toys, some things to share, dvds, a sled, pjs, hooded bath towels, robes, etc. For their big present from santa I got DK a dollhouse and Gauge a toolbench.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
November 22nd, 2010, 06:49 AM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii

Since I can remember, the whole family on my dad's side has always gathered at my grandparents house on Christmas Eve. My grandfather is having major back surgery this year though, so my aunt will be having it at her place... I go with Mikayla & my sister & nephews, then head home & if Mikayla isn't already asleep, then I get her in her jammies & let her open one present. Then when she wakes up, we open presents & go over to my sister's or mom's for a bit or supper Long story lol!

As for presents & stuff, I stick to the basics. I've never been one for all out.

I've started shopping, but like Melanie Mikayla gets half of her presents before Christmas & then I have to buy more

So far I've gotten her an Easybake Oven, a few games, a blanket with arms in it, & that's about it!! I've got to get more & stocking stuffers! She's a big girly girl so she'll be getting barbies, babies, etc...
November 22nd, 2010, 07:56 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
All the gifts are bought and wrapped.

I tried to stick to the basics, we really don't need anymore toys in this house. Jack got a few easy board games, cars/trucks, play doh, and a lot of other things I can't think of right now...

Christmas eve we go to SO's mother's for dinner and gifts with SO's brother's and their wives and kids. Christmas morning we open gifts at my house, then go to SO's grandmother's, and then my grandmother's for dinner.

November 23rd, 2010, 07:37 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christmas Eve-
Christmas at my parents house
Christmas at Dh's Aunts house
Go to my in-laws house to stay the night (I have to work 11-7 though so I will have to get the presents ready before I leave and then open presents as soon as I get home)

Christmas day-
Open presents
Go to my Aunt's house for brunch
Go to my Grandmas house for their Christmas
Go back to my in-laws for their Christmas dinner
Hopefully sleep because I have to work 11-7 Christmas night too...I hate my job.

As for presents we are not going all out. We have decided to go with four categories for presents and do one to a few presents in each categorie.

Something you need- We are either getting her hooked on phonics or the Horizon homeschool curriculum for preschool

Something to read- We got her 3 books

Something to wear- We are getting her a couple outfits plus one or two outfits for her present from Santa

Something you want- We got her the Green Tea set off of potterybarnkids.com

Santa is bringing her a bitty baby.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

November 23rd, 2010, 09:33 PM
kasie.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to kasie. Send a message via Yahoo to kasie.
We always watch A Christmas Story, and the original Grinch on Christmas Eve. Then Christmas morning we open presents first thing then have breakfast and kind of lounge around all day.

So far i've got him some Xbox games, a new bike, a few DVD's, some books, a new play kitchen and food, and his own MP3 player. Im going to pick up a few small things and some jammies.
November 29th, 2010, 01:32 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok finished shopping except for stocking stuffers

Taylor:
*Xmas PJs
*Ornament
*LaLaLoopsy doll
*Night and day Crayola glow station
*A Barbie
*Playdoh

Rylie:
*Xmas PJs
*Ornament
*Aquadoodle
*Color wonder dora stuff
*Dora sing along DVD
*Book

Seth:
*Ornament
*Xmas PJs
*Xmas outfit

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

December 8th, 2010, 10:35 AM
Veteran
Christmas eve we will be at my parents for a couple hours visiting with family.. then we will go home, read a christmas bedtime story.. once they are in bed we will do the santa stuff..
Christmas morning we will wake up & open presents.. have a good breaky.. head to my parents for more christmas and dinner..

so far we've got them..
Faith
- Cabbage Patch Style N Go
- Kids digital camera
- Littlest Petshop play yard
- little petshop toys for the play yard
- Moon dough

Katie
- a big baby
- a zhu zhu pet (she loves faiths so we got her one)
- a hippo block rocker
- a music band play
- acceseries for her baby

we still need to finish their stockings and pick up their jammies for christmas eve and some clothes!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search