What a weird place..

Teen Mommies Graduates

No longer in your teens, but want to stay in touch with your Teen Mommies friends? This is the subforum for you.

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Teen Mommies Graduates LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 27th, 2010, 03:54 PM
briena's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to briena
teen mommies board has become! I don't know half of those ladies, can't keep track of who is who, who stays and who gos lol. I give up. I also just feel too old to be on there but the 20 something board was boring when I tried to go there lol. I know you are all lurking in here! Come out and say hi and give us an update

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dakota is TALL. Next to many 5 year olds I have seen, she is the same height or taller, towers over 3 year olds LOL. Shes in ballet but I have a feeling I will be pulling her out soon, because she doesn't listen or dance while we are there, switching her over to gymnastics which Gauge will be doing with her just for a few months. I would like to get them both skating this year too. She is really smart, and really funny, if you're on my facebook you might see my status' daily lol. My friends son comes home from kindergarden with songs hes learning and other things hes learning, and DK already knows it all just from what me her dad and her grandparents have taught her, she almost has the full alphabet down and is starting to learn to write her name. And of course she knows her first and last name and where we live. She also has a really good memory, she remembers things that I forget, she remembers things that happened this time last year! She remembers peoples names really well too.

Gauge is REALLY smart. But you have to watch him to see it. He is 2.5 but doesn't talk yet, hes on a long waiting list for speech therapy. All he will say is mama and dada. He can talk though and knows a LOT of words. He will talk with his mouth closed or like make the sounds of the syllables with his mouth closed. We actually have heard him say a few things out loud but you would never be able to get him to repeat it. he has said "no yucky" kitty, kota, cookie, and a few other things that really surprised me but he has only done it when he didn't notice himself doing it. He knows his colors and letters and numbers though for the most part. Oh, and his shapes. If you ask him to point out any of them he will. And recently he started humming songs which is really cute LOL. I think hes my silent genius. And hes really obsessed with trains and tools. He will spend hours alone in his room with his trains, if DK wont bug him lol.

And as for me, finishing up my 3rd semester of school! I am kind of taking a semester off because I'm just burnt out from all of this social work, but I also have to rack up some volunteer hours before I can go into placement. And I will be in one class, but thats only one day a week. Then come summer I will hopefully be in placement if everything works out. Then when DK starts kindergarten in September I will be staying home for a year with Gauge until he starts school, I need to get him talking and potty trained since he shows no interest in either one so far. If he isn't by that point we will have the time to work on it.

Thank you Jaidynsmum for my siggy!
November 27th, 2010, 07:06 PM
beckii's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to beckii Send a message via Yahoo to beckii
Hey Brie It's amazing how much Gauge & Dakota look alike (at least from what I see!). That's so great they're doing well, by the sounds of things you've got a couple smarty pants on your hands I didn't know you were in school for social work, awesome! Do you like it?

We're doing pretty average over here - Mikayla's will be 5 in January, & she starts school next September. She's a smart cookie herself, & manages to surprise me everyday still by saying or doing something I didn't think she could. The girl's got some attitude on her though, sometimes I feel like I'm living with her father. She's a big girl too, tallest in her preschool class & heaviest by far lol.

I'm good too! In my first year of nursing, I'm only taking 3 classes instead of 5 because it was just too much trying to study & handle things at home, but it's all good! I enjoy it, & even though it's tough at time for the most part I average B's.

I know what you mean about the main board - I really can't keep track of all the new people. I feel kinda bad, but I never know who's who. Times have changed, I guess.
November 27th, 2010, 09:50 PM
The program is pretty good, I have learned a lot about myself and my life through all of the personal assignments we have to do, its like therapy almost, but it made me realize I actually need some counselling and need to make some changes in my life and also I am just burnt out lol. I don't think I want to be a social worker but I'm glad I have the experience and I might want to explore it in the future.

November 28th, 2010, 06:41 PM
Nikki.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Jack is doing well in school. His teacher tell me he is so well behaved and helpful. At home it's a different story! He's been in skating lessons since September and he's doing very well. He can skate pretty fast on his own, and recently started shooting pucks.

And I'm just tired...

November 29th, 2010, 12:38 AM
SandKmommy's Avatar Seamus and Kieran's Mommy
Seamus is good. He's in Speech 2x's a week, OT 1x a week, PSR 2x's a week and consoling every other week. He's also in School Mon-Thursday at Headstart. He's doing well in school, finally picking up on his letters and starting to recognizing some in his name.

Kieran is doing well, she's having an OT (for fine motor delays) eval and a Speech Eval(she seems delayed). Shes already starting to act like a 2yr old and driving us bonkers

November 29th, 2010, 09:24 AM
2Corinthians10:4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
We are doing pretty good here! I totally agree with the thoughts on the main board...I just can't keep track.

Me and Dusty are doing really good, he has now been gone for two weeks and we only have about 3 weeks until he comes home for Christmas Exodus. Then he goes back for another 6 weeks. I can't wait to see him.

School is going good, but Brie I am totally with you on being burnt out. I am just ready to be DONE! I actually start my NEW school online tomorrow, so I will be starting that one and the one I am already in doesn't get over for another three weeks. But I have to switch schools since I am moving in March and who knows how often we will move with the Army.

Addi is doing great! She is so smart it scares me. She talks like a little adult and some of the things that come out of that childs mouth shock me. She knows all her alphabet and can identify most of them too. She can count, knows her shapes, and colors. I am planning on starting a preschool homeschool curriculum with her either in January or March and when we move she will be put in gymnastics as well.

Thank you Kiliki for my beautiful siggy!

November 29th, 2010, 05:38 PM
iSarcastic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via MSN to iSarcastic Send a message via Skype™ to iSarcastic
Jaidyn is doing well. She recently lost her 1st tooth. We noticed about 3 weeks ago that her two bottom front teeth were loose and 1 fell out a few days ago so we had a visit from the tooth fairy. She got a dollar! Lucky kid! Her behavior is atrocious but given our situation at the moment, I can't exactly blame her. Hopefully all will be ok when we move and she gets back in school, it seemed to help before. She's a little developmentally delayed but you could never tell because she says a lot of smart alec type of things and her dad thinks she's just being lazy, which could be true! She's really tall and up until the last 2 months was really skinny but she's beginning to finally put some weight on! She's still a thumb sucker so we're hoping to find a way to break the habit before she turns 5 in June.

I'm doing alright. We are currently "homeless" but we've been living in a hotel since July. We will be moving in February and hopefully settling down finally. I will also be going back to work once we move so I can have some of my sanity back!

Krystal(25) married to David and proud mommy of "wildchild" Jaidyn
December 2nd, 2010, 01:34 PM
LisanAndy's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Andy and I- we've been together now for working on 8 years and will be married for 5 years next August. We're starting the process of looking for a home to buy but if after crunching numbers with our banker and agent we find that renting is more beneficial then we will but only for one more year. We were already pre-qualified but we're hoping to re-prequalify in Feb. and get more money. I'm losing all the baby weight I've accrued from all 3 kids. I've lost all the weight from Seth and Rylie and now I'm working on the last 7lbs from Taylor and then I'll be 130. I'd love to see 125 though, that would be great

Taylor- She's 3 now and talking like crazy. She had her 3 year check up and is doing things on a 4-4.5 year old level, VERY smart for her age which is a blessing. She's day time potty trained. She's my "spirited" child. She's always talking back, getting smart, throwing fits... some days I feel like running away LoL! She and Rylie are becoming super close and she loves being a little mommy to Seth.

Rylie- She'll be 2 in March and is such a little sweetie. Rarely cries or gets angry and very content to play by herself. I personally feel like she's slightly behind in talking but maybe it's because I'm used to Taylor being so advance because the dr. says she's fine.

Seth- He's 1 month now and a good sleeper. He's EBF and is pooping and peeing up a storm. That's so different, changing a boy diaper... girls are easier in my opinion LoL. He's now 9lbs 2oz and 21.5in. His little neck is getting so strong, much quicker than my girls. He's starting to wear 0-3 month clothes now... I think that's about it LoL.

Is baby Aubrey Alana or Jacob Robert?!

December 3rd, 2010, 07:41 AM
I agree, it is much easier to change a girl diaper! It took me a long time to get used to changing Gauge LOL!

December 8th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Veteran
i don't get the main board at all anymore.. i don't recongnize anyone :s

Faith is 3 and acts like shes 6.. shes a very emotional little girl so we have to watch what we say or how we say it.. shes very open minded & always lets you know whats on her mind.. her tantrums have picked up, which we're working on.. slowly they are going away.. shes veryy tall for her age, the doctor says she is a 4.5 yr old in a 3 yr olds body.. she talks alot.. and will repeat everything you say.. shes my story teller lol

Katie is 1.5 and very independent.. she could sit and play for all hours by herself if she wanted too.. she loves Faith.. she looks up to her and LOVES being around her.. if she notices Faith isn't in the house, she lets you know shes upset lol.. she is a daddys girl.. i thought Faith was, but i was wrong.. Katie over powers that lol shes not talking in sentences yet, but she is saying some words.. she says enough so you can understand her.. all kids grow up at different rates, and i think by the time she is 2 shes going to come out with this huge sentence shes had balled up inside lol..

Myself, i am doing wonderful.. i am going back to school for Medical Administration.. i will be doing correspondence so i can still be at home raising my own children instead of a daycare doing all my work.. i will be going from 8am-1pm and i do the work at my own pace, as long as its within 9 months.. because is correspondance im graduating in 9 months not 2 yrs.. it will be hard, but i need to do it for myself and my children.... Joey and i are still going strong.. planning on a July 2011 wedding if all works out.. he just recently got a full time job at a Construction/Landscaping company... i'm proud of him for what he's accomplished so far for our family!..
December 13th, 2010, 09:38 PM
LindseyMarie's Avatar Professionally Awesome
Send a message via AIM to LindseyMarie
Well...

Caiden is 4 now... he goes to preschool tues thru friday and has speech therapy. So far it's been a great help, and we've been able to avoid him being sick, so we've avoided hospital stays so far! Wooohoo! He's reading now (YAAAAY!) which we credit a lot to Speech, since they stress phonics and letter sounds in it so much. He's riding a two wheeler now, and at the moment his favorite show is "inspector Gadget" (yes.. from the super early 90's!) He is very excited about Christmas.

We adopted a kitten. :S Named Perry the platypus... errr... cat. Kitty Pery for short.

Eric and I are doing great, he's being promoted on Dec 30! The Air force has been awesome for us!

We're still TTC #2.. I'm having my second surgery this year on Dec. 28 to remove my right ovary more than likely, due to a clot and cyst. I also have some endometriosis they are going to clear out. We did a year of fertility meds with no luck (Clomid, Femara, Follistim shots, all with ovidrel shots) so we were referred to Walter Reed Army Medical Center in Washington DC for IVF.

Anyways.... thats whats going on now. :S

After years of trying, 2 years of fertility meds, multiple surgeries, blood draws and needle sticks, some awful pre-IVF complications, and endometriosis and PCOS,
We are done TTC. Praying for peace as we accept this...
Hoping for some comfort after our most recent (and 3rd) surgery and starting Lupron!

December 16th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Super Mommy
Hi.

Joshua is four and a half. I can't believe he'll be five in April. Gah, insanity. He's doing pretty well, he's fully potty-trained (FINALLY), and talking up a storm. He has a great sense of humor, and he is pretty much obsessed with Transformers and Iron Man. He goes to preschool five days a week, and doing pretty well. He's above average on quite a few things (he's been teaching himself how to read), but he is behind on writing and some other skills. But he's not behind enough to worry, yet, so we're working with him to get him caught up. We're applying to put him in a private/charter school in Denver that is PERFECT for his style of learning for Kindy next year, so I'm really hoping he gets accepted! If he doesn't get accepted this year, he'll stay for Kindy at his preschool, and then we'll try again for the private/charter school for first grade. I'm really crossing my fingers he gets accepted asap, and that we don't have to wait so long he'll have to go into public school. I have become increasingly worried that the public schools around us won't be a good fit for him, as it definitely appears that he has my style of learning, and not the "norm". But we'll see. It's touch and go at this point.

Jason and I are doing good. I'm back in college, getting my Bachelors in Criminal Justice and minoring in Sociology. I'm taking six classes next semester, so I hope I don't die from stress, but other than that I'm happy with everything. I have a law enforcement agency that is my number one choice that wants to hire me, so I'm hoping to apply with them next summer so I can finish my degree. I'm looking around at other agencies, as a back up plan though. I recently got my NRA basic pistol course certification, which I'm really proud of, and a friend of my stepdad is helping me out with learning how to shoot properly and improving my aim. It's been awesome! I love it lol. I volunteer as much as I can with the courts in my area, though with college it's been more difficult and I haven't been able to volunteer as much as I want to. Boo. My PCOS is doing much better, and I've stayed pretty consistently between 130-140 lbs for over a year now with regular cycles (YAY!). I dropped down to 128 at one point, but alas it wasn't meant to be (boooooo!). Jason is working security still, and he's going to college for his Associates Degree in the spring, so I'm REALLY proud of him. We've lived in our townhome now for about two years, and we still love it with no plans to move any time soon. No plans for another child any time soon either, I want to wait until after I get my job. Which sucks, because I go through bouts of baby fever, gah. But anyway, life is good. That's about it on our end.

Expecting Baby Boy 12/14/14!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search