nursing during sacrament meeting?

Forum: LDS Parenting

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To LDS Parenting LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
November 22nd, 2009, 11:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
do you feel its appropriate or is that something you should do in the bathroom? I only ask because i've seen ladies do it, i just don't know if that's "O.K." feels kinda naughty! the girls have their primary program and i don't want to miss it because i'm sitting in the bathroom feeding Oliver.

November 22nd, 2009, 08:07 PM
♥RainyLane's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via AIM to ♥RainyLane Send a message via MSN to ♥RainyLane Send a message via Yahoo to ♥RainyLane
I wouldn't feel comfortable doing it and I would think it would be kind of distracting for those around you, which normally I wouldn't say it mattered but with it being sacrament meeting I feel like the distraction may take away from people feeling the spirit a bit? If there is a mother's room there is usually a speaker in there you can hear what is going on and make sure you are there during their parts? I have nursed in the foyer before when I didn't know where there was a mother's room, that would maybe make it easier for you to make sure you are there for when they are participating? I don't know. Those are just my personal thoughts though.

ETA: I asked my husband his opinion and he said if you were in the back and covered up then "no harm, no fowl." He said a hungry baby is more distracting than that would be. This coming from someone who is constantly telling me to go off somewhere when we are hanging out with friends and I need to feed our son... *sigh* I have a cover!!! I have been working with him on that though. Progress

Last edited by ♥RainyLane; November 22nd, 2009 at 08:12 PM.
November 22nd, 2009, 08:33 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I wouldn't have a problem with it as long as you didn't flash anyone (which I'm sure you dont' do.) but as long as it's covered up for the most part the like Aimee's husband said. "No Harm No fowl."

Thank you to the wonderful ladies who mad the blinkies!

"The Lord compensates the faithful for every loss. That which is taken away from those who love the Lord will be added unto them in His own way. While it may not come at the time we desire, the faithful will know that every tear today will eventually be returned a hundredfold with tears of rejoicing and gratitude..... These experiences, while often difficult to bear at the time, are percisely the kinds of experiences that stretch our understanding, build our character and increase our compassion for others."
November 23rd, 2009, 08:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I wouldn't say it is "naughty" per se. I couldn't do it, but then I only have one child... that could change when I have another and I don't want to drag two lo out of the meeting to go to the mothers room to nurse. (My dh is less active, so I would be there by myself. )
November 23rd, 2009, 12:18 PM
Brittanie's Avatar just me
I always go out to the mother's lounge if it's during sacrament meeting. During relief society, though, I've gotten adventurous a couple of times (I have a cover!) But he won't let me nurse him covered anymore so if it's during church it has to be in the mother's lounge.

I do NOT like the idea of nursing in the bathroom!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search